British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

Again, that's not explaining anything. That's making an ambiguous reference to answer a lot of questions.

If you even have to 'question' the situation that has continued ongoing for nigh on 15 years now then there is little point even conversing with you.

The only question I have is, was his knee the issue when he was 50/50 which would coincide with this or was it something else which means he could be taking the biscuit.

One of you Poole fans must know?

Or I have totally got the wrong end of the stick and what I heard, read and was told was incorrect.

He was reported as being 'unwell' last week wasn't he?

If you even have to 'question' the situation that has continued ongoing for nigh on 15 years now then there is little point even conversing with you.

15 years of no real challenge. Other promotions have been weak.

Why dont the mc ir bspa make a stand against Matt Ford if he is so bent and crocked?

Because no rules have been broken.

Why are Poole in the middle of the moans? Because they are the only club to make sure they put themselves in a position of trying to win every time. And as a Poole fan, thank god they do!

If there's an opportunity to win, then win! All this spirit of the rules is bollocks. There's no such thing as spirit of the rules. Is it bad to have a win at all costs mentality? Hell no! It's a sport in it to win it.

A shame there are not Matt Fords in charge of every EL club. The sport would be so much more healthy.

As for tonight, i still think Wolves are favourites to go through with their home track advantage. Lindback and Tungate don't strengthen Poole at all. A shame injuries have yet again blighted our team just when we needed to be at full strength.

No the sport wouldn't be more healthy, it would implode. As it did in 2010 when there WAS a team who broke no rules and beat Ford at his own game.

Quite simply it wasn't allowed, Ford threw his toys out of the pram, got his mates to gang up on said team and set a chain of events in place that will likely lead to the closure of one of the sports biggest clubs.. Well done Ford.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 3

Do you see what I mean now about the vague ambiguous statements?

The fact of the matter is that nobody has any complaints but some of the fans who are sick and tired of their promotion sitting back and doing nothing, whilst other promoters like Matt Ford are working around the clock to make the most of every single match, race, rule and regulation.

Or, as you're suggesting, there is this massive secret culture of fear, where all the promoters, sponsors, media and riders are simply too afraid to say anything bad about Mr Ford, out of fear that his contacts in the hair care and child care industries might seek retribution.

No the sport wouldn't be more healthy, it would implode. As it did in 2010 when there WAS a team who broke no rules and beat Ford at his own game.

Quite simply it wasn't allowed, Ford threw his toys out of the pram, got his mates to gang up on said team and set a chain of events in place that will likely lead to the closure of one of the sports biggest clubs.. Well done Ford.

Bull droppings. Excuse after excuse. Don't hate the player, hate the game. How simple is that? Don't get p1ssed off because somebody is playing the game better than you. If you don't like it, stop playing the game or change the game.

Let's be perfectly honest here, we all knew that Poole wouldn't have the same 7 as last Monday. What surprises me the most is that Buzz isn't injured (although still time). I have no issue with a win at all cost mentality as I think all should have. What annoys me is the blatant bending of the rules. No Poole fan can surely tell me that the Hans shouldn't now be back in their side & that the ''season ending'' injury was a load of tosh.

So has the threatened rain arrived in Wolverhampton? Is it still on tonight or postponed to next Monday when Bjarne will still likely be missing after the scans on his knee today rule him out for the rest of the EL season - assuming there is a 'rest of the season' after the semis.?!

that old 'long term injury' chestnut again eh..!! :D

Wasn't that Newman and you don't sound too sure but you maybe right.

Can anyone actually confirm.

Let's be perfectly honest here, we all knew that Poole wouldn't have the same 7 as last Monday. What surprises me the most is that Buzz isn't injured (although still time). I have no issue with a win at all cost mentality as I think all should have. What annoys me is the blatant bending of the rules. No Poole fan can surely tell me that the Hans shouldn't now be back in their side & that the ''season ending'' injury was a load of tosh.

No, he shouldn't. The rules state there is a 7 day window to sign a rider who would not recover in time to compete in the play offs. Seeing as the rider could not confirm that he would recover in time a new signing had to be made.

Antonio Lindback has signed for Poole. He is not a guest. For Hans to now be back in our side we'd need to sign him to the team again, which the rules do not allow.

Ignoring the assessed averages debacle, the rules have been followed to the letter. Bringing Hans back would be the only contravention of the rules.

Wasn't that Newman and you don't sound too sure but you maybe right.

Can anyone actually confirm.

Bjarne said he wasn't feeling well last week. I don't think this had any impact on him not competing tonight.

Ford was at Zorro's meeting yesterday. Was CVS, Adams or a representative of Wolves?

I just wonder how some would react if at about 7pm tonight it transpired that Sam Masters had a medical note to cover an old injury aggravated at Ipswich and Wolves had booked Chris Harris as a last minute guest.

All within the rules, just Wolves doing 'every thing they can to put themselves in a position of trying to win all of the time'.

15 years of no real challenge. Other promotions have been weak.

Utter garbage! Other promotions may not have the financial set up that Poole have successfully developed in a town with no sporting competition unless you see sailing as a threat.

Having an endless list of assets to call on when some teams can hardly raise the cost to put shale on their track.

Yes Poole are successful and deserve their glory but I'm from the 'let's keep it even' school of sport and think that Speedway is now in the death throws of its time as an entertainment force in the UK sadly.

Edited by GWC

Why dont the mc ir bspa make a stand against Matt Ford if he is so bent and crocked?

Because no rules have been broken.

Why are Poole in the middle of the moans? Because they are the only club to make sure they put themselves in a position of trying to win every time. And as a Poole fan, thank god they do!

If there's an opportunity to win, then win! All this spirit of the rules is bollocks. There's no such thing as spirit of the rules. Is it bad to have a win at all costs mentality? Hell no! It's a sport in it to win it.

A shame there are not Matt Fords in charge of every EL club. The sport would be so much more healthy.

As for tonight, i still think Wolves are favourites to go through with their home track advantage. Lindback and Tungate don't strengthen Poole at all. A shame injuries have yet again blighted our team just when we needed to be at full strength.

I am going tonight as well Steve just praying it doesn't, i expect a lot of abuse and booing and calls of cheating scumbags but heyho should be used to it by now!!

Didn't Hans say he'd be back in a week only to then say his season was over. Poole then sign Lindback the Thursday before the first semi final on the Wednesday. Within the week of the semi final Hans rides for Lodz on a Sunday. Surely that is bending the rules? Lindback may or may not strengthen Poole, only after tonight will we really have that answer.

As I said before I have no issues with a win at all mentality, I just don't agree with the way this whole situation has ridden out.

No, he shouldn't. The rules state there is a 7 day window to sign a rider who would not recover in time to compete in the play offs. Seeing as the rider could not confirm that he would recover in time a new signing had to be made.

Antonio Lindback has signed for Poole. He is not a guest. For Hans to now be back in our side we'd need to sign him to the team again, which the rules do not allow.

Ignoring the assessed averages debacle, the rules have been followed to the letter. Bringing Hans back would be the only contravention of the rules.

Bjarne said he wasn't feeling well last week. I don't think this had any impact on him not competing tonight.

Edited by hyabb17

PK & Thorssell rode in Zorro's meeting. They should know the truth of it shouldn't they?

Didn't Hans say he'd be back in a week only to then say his season was over. Poole then sign Lindback the Thursday before the first semi final on the Wednesday. Within the week of the semi final Hans rides for Lodz on a Sunday. Surely that is bending the rules? Lindback may or may not strengthen Poole, only after tonight will we really have that answer.

To be fair, it's not very clear either way.

A 7-day window, prior to the scheduled date of the first EL Play-Offs will enable EL Clubs only to replace long-term injured riders, not with riders in other EL Team Declarations. NB. Art. 16.3 does not apply, but riders must be fully licensed, have current Start Permission and be eligible to participate in UK Speedway.

This is the rule that Matt used to bring Antonio Lindback into the side. As the rule clearly states, the rider has been replaced. The only part of this rule that is open to interpretation is the definition of "long-term injured". Who decides this? If a rider cannot confirm when he will be back on the bike, but knows that he will at very least be off the bike for the foreseeable future, then surely this must count as a "long-term injury"?

The only alternative would be to define within the rules what does and does not count as a long term injury. Unless you're going to name specific injuries, or can see the future, it's impossible to define "long-term injured".

The only interesting point is the rule that proceeds it:

No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with effective date being 31st August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury.

This actually suggests that Matt is allowed to sign Hans back to the team, but doesn't say that he must. It seems that he is quite within his right to keep Antonio Lindback in the team, regardless of whether Hans is now fit to ride.

I can't see how there can be any sort of penalty for Poole this season as "long-term injured" would need to be properly defined.