British Speedway Forum
Poole Quay 7

Wolverhampton V Poole: El Play-off Semi-final 2nd Leg

But still not as daft as the World Champion coming in on a 7.03 average.

A rider can vastly improve in two years so all averages should be assessed for riders who have missed one season.

So long as assessments or recalculations are done fairly.

Piotr came in on a 7 in 2014 due to his previous form and average over the time spent with Coventry but more importantly Poole.

As a 19 year old promising Pole who was nothing like the rider he is today some were saying heck doubt achieve that and it was too high.

As it turned out he was correctly assessed.

So that's for a promising Polish youngster who had shown form previously. Seems perfectly fair and reasonable. So that seems the MINIMUM set standard.

Then in 2015 GP rider AJ returns to British Speedway after a lengthy time out on a reassessed 9.03 which again seems fair given that new top standard riders have previously been assessed as 8.

Certainly the 'standard' and logic seems to be transparent and fair.

Then lo and behold Lindback comes back to British speedway as a (none) long term injury replacement and apparently all those previous transparent and fair assessments go out the window as the new standard is 7, and that will apply to ANY rider out of British speedway or new to EL.

So suddenly riders like Dudek, Vaculik, Nicki Pedersen and you can make an argument for any world class rider like Hancock, Hampel, Zmarzlik.

Now we have gone beyond logic and transparency.

Edited by stevebrum

I wonder how many pages this thread will go into if Poole have booked Bomber for Bjarne??!!

• Like 1

I wonder how many pages this thread will go into if Poole have booked Bomber for Bjarne??!!

Would rather have R/R than Bomber...

Depends if they are his legs. Do you recognise them? Look a bit too hairy to me.

They look like my missus...I'm always on at her to shave..

• Like 1

Didn't know you were that familiar with Bjarne's legs :shock:

You'd be surprised what I get up to. :lol:

I bow to your superior inside knowledge concerning the hirsute qualities of his legs, while declining to speculate on the information gathering process contained therein...

Well, I can tell you a little bit of the information I gathered in gaining the knowledge about his legs. He's actually bald everywhere else so obviously all the hair on his legs is having a growth spurt. That's all I'm saying on the grounds it might be incriminating evidence. :shock:

• Like 1

All this talk of guests, I thought you could only have a guest for a number one or maybe a heat leader at best? how on earth is Bjarne suddenly a heat leader?

Because his average went up quite a lot.

And the current world number 8 is assessed as a 7 point rider, only in British speedway.

And the current world champion came in on a 7.03, only in speedway.

Really!

not around Monmore I wouldn't.

Lindgren lately has been hit and miss in the EL, Woffinden takes a few races to dial into the track.

Bomber showed in the recent Sky meetings there how good he is round there.

Erm..no. He didn't come in on an assessed average at all. That's his real average. You know, points scored / rides taken x 4.

Lindback's last real average was 7.94 which would have been fair and very close to the correct assessed average for a rider of his standard i.e. 8.00

• Like 3

Because his average went up quite a lot.

Really!

Some people just don't get it,Tai's average is a legit one.People are questioning how Lindback got an assessed average of 7.You can't bring Tai's average into the argument.If you bring Tai's average into it then surely all promoters will be saying they want their riders re-assessed down to Tai's average,Iversen,Doyle,Zagar,Jonsson,KK,Holder,Lindgren.And then riders like King,Lambert,Kennett etc should be re-assessed to below the current world champion

• Like 4

You mean he came in on his 2014 REAL average.

And YES he was that poor in 2014 in the EL, anyone claiming it is false clearly has selective memory issues.

Riders SHOULD come in on their real averages if they have ridden here before.

You either use riders true averages (Lindback was 7.94) like wolves did with Tai or you use their average from meetings ridden that they failed to complete enough matches for a new one like Wolves did with Piotr in 2014.

Both can't be right so which is your preference FB?

• Like 1

Yeah it's daft a rider using the average he earned over a full season isn't it.

However, going off your theory, Woffinden isn't as good this year as he was then, so I think around 6.50 would have been fair.

Yes but your missing the point.The point is when was that full season.

Lets talk about common sense for a minute.

Tomasz Gollob was complained about by many fans when the World No 2 was given 7.50 average and rode a 9 + average back in a more difficult Elite League.

Now I would have set Antonio's average at 7.50. His last average at Belle Vue was somewhere near the 5 mark. With your logic of Woffinden he should have been given that average.

It doesn't matter if the rider has missed a year or 10 years and what his average was. A rider should be assessed if they have missed any season.

Are you telling me that Lindback should have been given a higher average than Woffinden just because he has missed 10 years and Woffinden has missed one regardless of World Rankings, CMAs abroad etc. Personally that is a biased opinion.

Regardless of all this, I find it like this league is being used.

Erm..no. He didn't come in on an assessed average at all. That's his real average. You know, points scored / rides taken x 4.

Lindback's last real average was 7.94 which would have been fair and very close to the correct assessed average for a rider of his standard i.e. 8.00

i didn't say it was assessed.

You mean he came in on his 2014 REAL average.

And YES he was that poor in 2014 in the EL, anyone claiming it is false clearly has selective memory issues.

Riders SHOULD come in on their real averages if they have ridden here before.

You either use riders true averages (Lindback was 7.94) like wolves did with Tai or you use their average from meetings ridden that they failed to complete enough matches for a new one like Wolves did with Piotr in 2014.

Both can't be right so which is your preference FB?

His last real average was attained while at Belle Vue, if the averages had been worked out then as they are now then it would be much lower, he did 11 meetings so it should be assessed on that.

Tomasz Gollob was complained about by many fans when the World No 2 was given 7.50 average and rode a 9 + average back in a more difficult Elite League.

Now I would have set Antonio's average at 7.50. His last average at Belle Vue was somewhere near the 5 mark. With your logic of Woffinden he should have been given that average.

It doesn't matter if the rider has missed a year or 10 years and what his average was. A rider should be assessed if they have missed any season.

Are you telling me that Lindback should have been given a higher average than Woffinden just because he has missed 10 years and Woffinden has missed one regardless of World Rankings, CMAs abroad etc. Personally that is a biased opinion.

Lindback's average in his last season at belle vue was 6.44. However his official rolling average was 7.94.

Tai has missed one full season. To me, using 2014 average is reasonable. I would say any more than one full season and average should be re assessed, to be in line with top flight Swedish or polish average. And at the start of the season, a list of all riders worldwide with their actual or assessed El average should be released.

The interesting thing is that this year there was the infamous hl list, which contained a number of riders who were never going to ride here. Surely as part of that process assessed averages should have been established?

• Like 2

The biased poster on this thread is yourself who advocates complicating situations and re-writing rules that have been perfectly fine for decades.

It's little wonder you support the antics Ford gets up to.

Woffinden's average was 7.03. That is it. Nothing else to discuss. It was achieved in the same league under pretty much the same heat format as now over a full season. A bona fide representation.

Throughout the history of the sport riders have had good years and bad years and teams look to take advantage of that... Poole in particular!

It's not even a debate to be honest, unless of course you are suggesting that Woffinden spent the entire 2014 season lowering his average so he could return 18 months later for the playoffs??

It wouldn't surprise me, I stated on facebook that Wolves had better have booked him immediately or that is exactly what would happen.

• Like 4

i didn't say it was assessed.

His last real average was attained while at Belle Vue, if the averages had been worked out then as they are now then it would be much lower, he did 11 meetings so it should be assessed on that.

No he shouldnt! If a rider is going to be reassessed it should be based on here and now, not something they did 9 years ago. You think it's fine that they should base an assessed average from 9 years ago yet you're moaning about Tai's average he achieved 2 years ago!