British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

I think I would like 13 heats no double tackle and the golden helmet to return and of course simple uncomplicated rules

• Like 2

I think I would like 13 heats no double tackle and the golden helmet to return and of course simple uncomplicated rules

What about the old tac-sub?

• Like 1

I wouldn’t even claim to know the ins and outs re the actual rule book, I don’t have the hours in the day or interest to bother with it, most of it either goes over my head or I simply try and blank out.

The general premise works – 4 laps, 4 riders I wouldn’t mind alterations to heat formats and personally I would like it to move to structure comparable to the PL in both leagues – 7 man teams, 15 heats with 1 reserve who can race in protected heats and can’t be replaced eg 2/4/8 with all other team members able to trade places based on averages. I also like the idea of the last 3 heats being nominated races

I would be tempted to scrap THE points limit as it’s a bit of a nonsense now given there is generally quite a large disparity between teams any way, it feels like it creates more problems than it solves. I also feel like a removal of the idea that all can compete per se affords clubs the chance to both find their place and also develop to be better, the points limit breeds laziness IMO.

Edited by The Mockingjay

6 Rider Teams

12 Team Northern League

12 Team Southern League

1 x home & away match giving an overall Southern/Northern League Champion with the winners meeting in a two legged play-off for British League Champion

Introduction of a British Cup with all the teams in one hat

Introduction of a Regional League Cup 4 Groups of 3 teams, one home match/one away match top team in each group progressing to the semi finals.

No individual or 4 team or best pair events.

British Championship to consist of a 3 round mini GP format.

GP riders? Open to them if they can commit to all the meetings.

Guest riders only allowed to ride for one team on 3 occasions and can only be obtained via the opposite league to stop someone potentially doubling up in both regional leagues.

Two Transfer windows to change riders etc.

• Like 2

Few Ideas:

Revert back to the old 15 heat format ( 13heats Formula, plus 1 extra res and 1 Nominated) and all 3 divisions to use the same heat format.

Riders old averages only valid for 1 year; When converting averages from another league, to be done with laid down formula procedure. ( Black and white)

Elite and Premier to amalgamate or divide into equal number of teams. Elite and Premier to run on different nights, to eliminate fixture clashes, or outlaw double uppers.

Eight man squads to illuminate bandit guests. Guest if needed from a lower division.. Only sign riders who want to race here all the time..... Only one day signing window each month to cover seriously hurt riders, once the season has started... only then at the average the injured rider started the season with....

I'm sure I can think of a lot more......

Two Leagues:-

Elite League ...... consisting of one team (Poole)

A N Other League ............ consisting all other teams (Excluding Poole).

• Like 8

Sort out the EDR system so we don't have the farce of the teams that finish top getting the best resrves the following year and the team that finish bottom getting the weakest reserve pairings.

• Like 1

Sort out the EDR system so we don't have the farce of the teams that finish top getting the best resrves the following year and the team that finish bottom getting the weakest reserve pairings.

I think they need a limit on how long you can be classed an EDR like two seasons ?
  • Like 1

That part is simple. Don't call it a draft, make sure the riders have realistic averages and they simply become part of the team building limit.
  • Like 1

Two Leagues:-

Elite League ...... consisting of one team (Poole)

A N Other League ............ consisting all other teams (Excluding Poole).

Immature post.

Even if this did happen, I bet Poole would still get more through the turnstiles watching them race each other then for a meeting like Scunthorpe v Leicester or Stoke v Lakeside.

Anyway, all this fantasy talk will never occur.

• Like 1

Reading on twitter that Poland want to govern riders to racing only 2 leagues next year would surely impack the Elite league big time.... It also said we are looked upon at bottom of the pecking order because the sport in this country is run like a joke............

Just read the following on Twitter:

Niels Kr. Iversen‏ @doniversen

So the Extraliga want to limit riders to only 2 leagues next year if we wanna ride in Extraliga. I'm sure that will end up pretty bad.#zuzel

Interesting - nice to see cooperation with other countries. I wonder which league suffer? Doyley is already signed up for 3 leagues so something will have to give if they implement this!