British Speedway Forum
kingbee

What Would You Like From The Agm

No stupid draft for EL reserves. All British riders under 21 who held down a PL spot last year come in on half their PL average regardless of their EL average. If a rider had a EL spot but no PL spot so ride CL and is under 21, 3.50.

Any new foreign new comers are 4.5.

Any new comers or returners (after 2 years) who were selected for SGP or SWC event's in 2016, come in on 8.00

If a rider has ridden in the PL or EL but not in the previous 2 seasons. They retain their previous average only if they completed 6 recent (3 year) matches in the UK. Otherwise 7.00 if elected for recent (2 years) SEP, SGP or SWC events. 6.00 otherwise.

Edited by Col
  • Like 1

straight foreward rules that we can all understand no draft riders that as not worked like most people onhere i havent got any confidents in the scb to get it right

Was talking to an old friend last night, who as always sport mad... Having not spoken with him for many years. I asked him, you still going to motor racing, yes he replied. and he said you surely aren't still going to that Speedway lark . I replied I still go..... He continued, Crazy man.... Twice I've been. pay through the nose and then stand and wait about. 1 minute of racing then 10 mins waiting for the next. People filling in programmes as if it was more important than the racing. You must be sad to keep going there. No wonder the place was empty....

He reckoned the admission was dearer than Motor Racing and the racing time was 10 fold better....

I tired to justify my choose, but it was difficult. I had to agree with him.....

• Like 1

Was talking to an old friend last night, who as always sport mad... Having not spoken with him for many years. I asked him, you still going to motor racing, yes he replied. and he said you surely aren't still going to that Speedway lark . I replied I still go..... He continued, Crazy man.... Twice I've been. pay through the nose and then stand and wait about. 1 minute of racing then 10 mins waiting for the next. People filling in programmes as if it was more important than the racing. You must be sad to keep going there. No wonder the place was empty....

He reckoned the admission was dearer than Motor Racing and the racing time was 10 fold better....

I tired to justify my choose, but it was difficult. I had to agree with him.....

speedway as a product is still stuck in the 60s/70s nothing has change the sport though has gone down hill fast over the last 5 years so what hope have we got of attracting new fans ? When promoters take fans for granted promoters that put 0 effort in to do what there job title says - people are more choosy what they spend hard earned money on now days there are so many other options and it's time promoters realised this .
  • Like 1

I feel like you sound. I don't know what to expect from this years AGM, but come to that, I'm not particularly bothered. For many years I've eagerly awaited the news that would be encouraging for the sport to prosper, changes that would be instrumental in bringing the sport back to the mantel it once shared. But now it seems my enthusiasm has reached an all time low and quite frankly have given up all hope of it ever changing.

The one big positive that has come this year was the opening of the NSS and the spectacle of fantastic racing was a sight to behold. But the BSPA cant be awarded any praise for that. When we think of the BSPA, we think of uneven teams, bias selection processes, ridiculous riders averages, unrealistic decisions on rider replacements, heat leader lists, bad fixture planning, the list is endless....... We even have to plan the top riders to race each umpteen times just to make up competitive racing.

Where once speedway was the be all of everything in my life, now I prefer to go for a walk... ..... At least that way, everything is as it should be without someone trying to pull a fast one...............

• Like 3

Nothing will come out of the AGM its a joke it is every year, all we ever hear is the same lines its gong to be the biggest AGM yet!

So I think we can except if anything does get decided on it will be either farcical or will be a complete balls up why break a habit of a lifetime.

Until an independent board is installed it will continue to be a joke with self interest.

• Like 4

Every team to have two former draft riders. Or it makes the draft pointsless. Other than each team having to have two former draft riders they get no special treatment. They get averages the same etc. Guests or replacements have to be another former draft riders though (or r/r).

Also every team have to have a Brit aged 23 or less at number 7 who stays at reserve all seasons. This rider can be a former draft rider if their average fits.

Some sort of weighting applied to averages so riders who spent a season in reserve are not forced out because they have an inflated average.

Nothing will come out of the AGM its a joke it is every year, all we ever hear is the same lines its gong to be the biggest AGM yet!

So I think we can except if anything does get decided on it will be either farcical or will be a complete balls up why break a habit of a lifetime.

Until an independent board is installed it will continue to be a joke with self interest.

Shouldn't that be "a joke with Poole's interest."

Every team to have two former draft riders. Or it makes the draft pointsless. Other than each team having to have two former draft riders they get no special treatment. They get averages the same etc. Guests or replacements have to be another former draft riders though (or r/r).

Also every team have to have a Brit aged 23 or less at number 7 who stays at reserve all seasons. This rider can be a former draft rider if their average fits.

Some sort of weighting applied to averages so riders who spent a season in reserve are not forced out because they have an inflated average.

Great post.

I believe I'm not mistaken when I read correctly that "things may get worse before they get better"...

in which case I look forward to the resumption of a 2nd joker when a team is 12 pts behind, plus the 'man on man' heats previously trialled in KO Cup given another go as they didn't really get much of a trial last time...

Apart from that can't think of much

I believe I'm not mistaken when I read correctly that "things may get worse before they get better"...

in which case I look forward to the resumption of a 2nd joker when a team is 12 pts behind, plus the 'man on man' heats previously trialled in KO Cup given another go as they didn't really get much of a trial last time...

I think you'll find the quote was specifically about BV speedway!

Yes I read that!!

Cannot see many major changes for next year

Agree with most of this. But I'd just say 3 brits, one of whom must be u23. I think the u23 can move up or down based on average nor be "protected."

See you had to be a knob!

If you write sh** that's the sort of response you must expect.

• Like 1