British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, Grand Final 1st Leg, 3/10/16...

BV have a very good team that can be dangerous away but there's no reason why we can't go to the NSS and take them close there too. Didn't we only lose by a few points on one of our visits there this season? Without Tai....

Lindgren been one of the best visiting riders seen at BV this season, Woffinden's SWC heroics well documented. Thorssell, PK & Masters have all won races there too.

With Belle Vue's liking for Monmore, a Grand Final where both legs are away wins wouldn't surprise me.

Is tai back up to hl for the final. Clearly strengthens wolves if he does.

Man for man:

Zagar vs fred: pretty even

Cook vs tai: tai

Fricke vs masters: evening

Nicholls v thorssel: even

Worrall v pk: even, both likely to score much better at home

Worrall v howarth: slight edge worrall?

Jacob v clegg: neither will score away, bit Jacobs at NSS will score more than clegg at Monmore.

Overall wolves with stronger hl, aces marginally stronger at reserve. I would make wolves slight favourites, but doubt there will be more than 6 in it in either leg, or on aggregate.

A title would be a great way to mark the first season at the NSS, as well as showing loyalty all season to a mostly British 1-7 .

• Like 2

Wolves will need to build up a decent lead to take to BV and as we saw last night 12 wasn't enough for Poole. Wolves will win their home leg and BV will win theirs - it will be close on aggregate but I think BV will do it as their reserves are stronger.

This will be an absolute belter over 2 legs!

Edited by Panthers89
  • Like 1

You can forget lhe massacre against Lakeside, totally different kettle of fish with Wolves. Since the addition of Woofinden, Wolves I think will have the edge.

Please with this thread and BVs home leg thread, can the bickering and name calling cease, as was evident when Poole were involved, I think the moderators should have temporarily banned a few posters.

This should guarantee a huge gate for both clubs, provided that Wolves do not take a big lead with them to the NSS.

May the best team win, either way I am delighted that Poole are no longer in the running, well done the Wolves.

BV have a very good team that can be dangerous away but there's no reason why we can't go to the NSS and take them close there too. Didn't we only lose by a few points on one of our visits there this season? Without Tai....

Id agree with that, tai makes you stronger at BV since your last visit, but the Aces are now much stronger at home since then also. The Aces Heat leaders got 12 between them last time we met and all 3 are flying right now so that should/coukd be at least doubled.

I could see this being very close right across the 30 heats.

Edited by SUPERACE

Even I'm tempted to make the trip up to Manchester for the 2nd leg. The final looks like it will be a cracking one.

A great final is set up over the two legs.

As with last year's final , both teams are capable of winning the title.... form books don't count..... just doing the business over the two days

I make Belle Vue slight favourites and hope that I am right.

Please with this thread and BVs home leg thread, can the bickering and name calling cease, as was evident when Poole were involved, I think the moderators should have temporarily banned a few posters.

This thread will be much friendlier that's obvious.

Anyway looking forward to the final,should be 2 cracking meetings and i can't call the winner.Two pretty evenly matched teams in my eyes.Would like to see Belle Vue win it as to me they have done it all season and finished top of the league,and with the same 1-7.

Incidentally when was the last time a team used the same 1-7 and won the league?Anyone know

Edited by tellboy

Guest GiveusaB

Cant wait and I'm a neutral : )

I'm backing BV to win both legs by 4/8 points!

I think Zagar will have to put in a performance at Monmore though!

His style reminds me very much of Ermolenko when he's in front too !

This looks to be a classic. Golden heats after 90-90 on aggregate? :)

No R/R please, no guests. Just speedway!

Wolves league team no problem but Wolves play off team is causing me to worry a little.

Wolves league team no problem but Wolves play off team is causing me to worry a little.

Its a play off final, i'd expect all fans of both teams are nervous. I dont think you will find one Aces or wolves fan who is totally convinced there team will win.

All i know as an Aces fan is we have a superb team who can beat anyone home or away and all 7 riders are bang in form, couldn't ask for more going into a final.

Really looking forward to my first visit to the NSS and what better occasion than a Play Off Final.

These teams are so equally matched.

Remember, the only difference between them in the table is the Belle Vue away win at Wolves. A Wolves in in that meeting and they would have been top... that was the night Kylmakorpi scored 0 0 0 in his last match.

Belle Vue riders can all ride the Wolves track very well, they haven't got several riders like Poole who struggle. As has been mentioned above, the Aces are more dialled in on their home track now, I think the three home meetings in the space of a week or so helped greatly with that.

Whatever happens, let's hope for some great racing, big crowds and fantastic atmosphere.

• Like 2