British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, Grand Final 1st Leg, 3/10/16...

Now, the tac decision by Lemon, easy to criticise after the fact.. Zagar had won Heat 1.. Cook had come last... for all of the talk about gate three, it should be noted, Cook didn't gate in that race, Thorssell did on two, but he was concentrating on ensuring Zagar was blocked off to nullify the tac. Had Cook been on the tac he wouldn't have been doing that.

There were no easy races coming up where he could have used it, it didn't work last night, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Personally didn't have a problem with any of the decisions Lemmo made last night. I'd have done the same...

Who voted it best prepared? Doc Bridgett? Certainly not neutral fans.

I for one would not like to watch my speedway there every week. Home riders waiting for away rider to wobble and make error then nip up the inside. There are better tracks in the EL than Monmore, which I would place well down the pecking order.

If you like to see riders going backwards on the bends, overlocking and wobbling about, Monmore is the place. I like my speedway to be faster and where riders can race without the fear of wobbling or overlocking.

only Jacobs was wobbling. It's voted for by referees and published tables in speedway star and plenty of fans agree.

Happy to retract and apologise if it's a real person.

You are a disgrace to judge someone and name them.

And I'm not surprised at your behaviour.

• Like 2

Zagar had a mirror with him last night, make sure he was actually there.

bet he couldn't believe how Hench they guy looking back was!! :D

I was laughing by the start of the 3rd paragraph to be honest.

same. think somebody needs to explain the idea of home track advantage to him.

Strange,cant remember Shovlar calling it a trick track when they walloped us 59-36 a couple of seasons ago,in fact cant remember many calling it a trick track at all prior to this season when we lost 10 at home in the previous two.

Its all so very convenient for some to use it as an excuse,but the silence is deafening when they come to the Green and turn us over.

Fair play to the Belle Vue,none of their supporters(bar one)have complained much,because they have had to put up with the same criticism about the dog track in the past(and also Lakeside).

Monmore is what it is.The dog track opened in 1928,so its hardly our fault that we are left with a shape of track that has to fit within its perimeter.

• Like 2

Last night wasn't great mainly because the aces had no fight.

Monmore is a great race track, that's why it's been voted best prepared race track 4 out the past 5 years.

Absolutely disgraceful comment. Has this forum reached a new low with this troll?

Its probably the best prepared, but for racing it is a pale shadow of what it used to be .

No fault of Wolves or the track curator. Armando and his cronies at the F.I.M are to blame

Craig Cook is a bit of a scourge on British Speedway in all honesty, a bit like Woffinden the “track is crap” line is pulled out a bit too often IMO. It is odd for Cook in particular to say “trick track” given his form around Wolves and the similarity to Armadale, found it a really weird comment.

The best prepared award is for things like kick boards, white line, track surface. It is absolutely not a vote for most entertaining circuit or best track for exciting racing.

I'm guessing any passes last night where on the inside? If so I'd be issuing fines.

• Like 1

1. Junk track too. Hairpin corners. Hate the place. Bring on BV . A proper track.

2. This is crap racing. Mistake wobble mistake.

3. Only passes on this track are the usual rider mistakes.

4. Have to agree.

The track and gates are terrible.

5 wins of gate 3 in 6 heats is shocking.

5. Well done cookie. Trick track it is.

6. Why do you think so many away riders wobble around?

Eventually the jackanory fantasy speedway rider bites ha ha!!

7. No one is wobbling? Your having a laugh!

8. Track really is a joke

9. Are the gates always this terrible?

10. It's a pity when a particular gate has such an advantage.

ll.

Oh dear, sounds like the spineless wonder can't handle the fact that his side got a tonking. Blame the track instead of the riders.

• Like 1

Don't think you're being fair to him there. You only quoted part of his post and I was under the impression that those 10 points you quoted were actually said by various other people?

Don't think you're being fair to him there. You only quoted part of his post and I was under the impression that those 10 points you quoted were actually said by various other people?

I think you will find E I Addio was being more than fair.

He didn't quote the rest of the post because it was full of the usual bile, personal attacks and fabrications that he is famous for. He made a despicable post earlier on in the thread that has since been deleted either by him or by the mods.

Unlike everyone else on the thread (bar Sniffy) he is not interested in discussing the meeting but intent on stirring up trouble. When he doesn't get replies and folk ignore his bait he begins to lose the plot, culminating in the kind of posts we have seen from him today.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Perhaps in a less vituperative and more objective manner than Fred.

The fact is, 8 teams start the competition, 7 will lose somewhere along the way. Everyone knows what they face when they start. Virtually every track in the country has its good and bad meetings. It's in the nature of the sport. The trick track slur doesn't wash. Peter Karlsson at his peak was brilliant there as were others. There fact that a team turn up with riders that can't ride it doesn't diminish the track.

In any sport, there are ups and downs, decisions that go for and against you, but there comes a time when I you just have shake hands, s ay well done to your opponent, stop the excuses and move on, otherwise it diminishes the ethos of sport. Unfortunately the BSF seems to attract a fair number that have probably never done any serious sport and apart from tapping their keyboards and have no idea how tough it is to perform some days. Constructive discussion is fair enough but sometimes a bit of sportsmanship wouldn't go amiss. "Well done " and "Congratulations " are not difficult things to say.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

No arguments from me. Wolves is a "different" track but no issue imo. Home track advantage comes from that for everyone. We were beaten comfortably fair and square last night. I was just pointing out that all those comments were said by different people and not just by that particular poster. I know he stirs up trouble here there and everywhere. Please don't misinterpret my post thinking I'm not being gracious in defeat. I absolutely am. Have nothing but good things to say about the Wolves team last night. I will also say congratulations as and when the time comes (which hopefully it doesn't!)...

• Like 5

No arguments from me. Wolves is a "different" track but no issue imo. Home track advantage comes from that for everyone. We were beaten comfortably fair and square last night. I was just pointing out that all those comments were said by different people and not just by that particular poster. I know he stirs up trouble here there and everywhere. Please don't misinterpret my post thinking I'm not being gracious in defeat. I absolutely am. Have nothing but good things to say about the Wolves team last night. I will also say congratulations as and when the time comes (which hopefully it doesn't!)...

The truth is the Aces fans, like the Poole fans are being let down by a couple fans who don't want to debate but want to spew bile.

It's pretty clear bar those few the majority of Aces fans have acted accordingly and layed the blame where it belongs.

To be fair Worrall did mess up slightly in heat one, he lifted momentarily meaning he lost momentum but PK still had to pounce.

I much prefer bigger, faster tracks but Wolves is decent for a smaller track and I've seen plenty of passing there over the years which hasn't been the result of mistakes.