British Speedway Forum

Six man teams is a crap idea imo.

What would be good is to ditch the points limit and let teams pick whatever teams they wish, with the criteria that the reserves are Brits under 25.

Yadda yadda to people saying Poole would be riding against themselves.

So, when I win the lottery and have a team of:- Sayfutdinov, Woffinden, Doyle, Iversen, Nicki Pedersen, Garrity and Robert Lambert, that would be OK?

• Like 4

So, when I win the lottery and have a team of:- Sayfutdinov, Woffinden, Doyle, Iversen, Nicki Pedersen, Garrity and Robert Lambert, that would be OK?

Sure. Of course its up to your promotion to have the sense to put out a team that he could afford. And that would be the balancing point. Teams could build to what they wanted, but a team like that would soon eat into a lottery win. So no promotion could afford that lineup.

But think what crowds could be generated.

Sure. Of course its up to your promotion to have the sense to put out a team that he could afford. And that would be the balancing point. Teams could build to what they wanted, but a team like that would soon eat into a lottery win. So no promotion could afford that lineup.

But think what crowds could be generated.

The "I'm alright Jack" attitude is one of the contributing factors for the mess British Speedway is in.

What is the point in building a team to a budget when other teams have a significantly bigger budget? That's not sport - its domination but you seem incapable of seeing the bigger picture in preference to the "I'm alright Jack" approach - why am I not surprised?

And yadda yadda to you too!

• Like 2

There has always been some kind of rider control / points limit for a good reason. We have chequebook speedway already and it'd be even worse with no restrictions.

Yep. And I would suggest 2 is the correct assessed average for an u23 brit who has not yet ridden a full season (>10 meetings in a season) in the EL.

So the likes of Bewley, morley, Carr, patkinson-Blackburn.

Especially if we revert to a conventional heat format, this seems reasonable and encourages teams to try young brits.

That's the reserves done and dusted then....!!

I thought Jon Cook wanted that.

The BSPA have already run 2 behind closed doors 6 man formats to test out the formulas.

The rumour mill suggests it's been dropped but haven't read anything official to confirm that so at present it's a possibility. At least it won't be a shock if that becomes reality.

The BSPA have already run 2 behind closed doors 6 man formats to test out the formulas.

The rumour mill suggests it's been dropped but haven't read anything official to confirm that so at present it's a possibility. At least it won't be a shock if that becomes reality.

Run it on a computer more like. Why would they actually run two behind closed doors meetings with riders who need paying? Surely if they did run these two meetings they would have been as challenges with a paying crowd.

• Like 1

Run it on a computer more like. Why would they actually run two behind closed doors meetings with riders who need paying? Surely if they did run these two meetings they would have been as challenges with a paying crowd.

No, SS, they were actually ran....

• Like 2

No, SS, they were actually ran....

What on earth was the point? Waste of time. Surely promoters know how a meeting is run so you could just write it down on a piece of paper.

• Like 1

What on earth was the point? Waste of time. Surely promoters know how a meeting is run so you could just write it down on a piece of paper.

You can't replicate wear and tear on man and machine and track, they tried a new pairing formula as well as other ideas, I even believe a one minute time allowance was tried, and various gate choice situations, imediate tac subs and all sorts of things over the 2 tests...

• Like 1

Surely the best way to test a potential new format is to actually run a meeting? The BSPA have used a bit of sense for a change.

• Like 2

Riders involved and stadiums involved already have confirmed it happened.

I thought Jon Cook wanted that.

Not according to what he said in SS a couple of months back

Rosco and Horton said about the draft looks likely to be dropped

I'd like to see an exact quote on that. I would be astonished if Horton wants to put his hands in his pocket to pay normal rates instead of EDR. As I said before, the EDR might possibly be dropped in name but the general costs saving principle is unlikely to change.

Rosco might have said it but he says all kinds of weird and wonderful things that don't make a lot of sense so I wouldn't pay too much attention to him without confirmation elsewhere.