British Speedway Forum

Well that is some twisted logic if ever I've seen some - even for Gavan?! 5.00 if he's a reserve or 4-4.5 if in the 1-5?! Absolute 'losing the plot b/s'!!

Did he actually say that? A varied average depending on where he rides? Thank go I don't have to read such drivel. Bwhahahahahaa!

• Like 1

Did he actually say that? A varied average depending on where he rides? Thank go I don't have to read such drivel. Bwhahahahahaa!

Ah bless your little cotton socks. Talking of drivel your still in that cloud cuckoo land that keeps banging the 3.79 drum

And as i said he should have a lower average if he rides in the main body then that benefits Poole??

Can't agree that a riders average should be dictated by where he will ride at the start of the season, when within a month that place on the team could change.

It should be weighted based on where he rode in 16 - as kyle spent most of the season at reserve, he should get more of a reduction than say Ellis, who ride at 2nd string most of the season.

What's this I hear Newman has signed for next year on a 3.79 average - bargain I say 😁

Got my popcorn at the ready! :D
  • Like 1

Why is that losing the plot??

I would like to see averages that differ depending on team building.

Newman, Steve Worrall, Josh Bates, Adam Ellis, Paul Starke for example.

If they are included again as EDR's (which in my mind they shouldnt be) then their averages have to reflect their ability in that EDR position.

Kyle Newman therefore be used either as an EDR as a 5 for example, but if he isnt on the EDR list then i think 5 is to high for him to ride in the main body so should be lower.

Im actually stating something that would benefit Poole here!!

Ok say they give Kyle an EDR spot and say he is a 5.0 average.

If Poole then bring in 2 riders on lower averages Newman would be in the main body on a 5.0 average

What im saying is that that is to high.

Cant see how you can have different averages for their position in the team, far too complicated, the rules need simplifying

So long as the rules of the EDR's are clear, transparent and fair for all then no one can have an issue.

PL averages are now irrelevant anyway as most riders have a season or 2 of having an actual EL average.maybe they could take their performances as an EDR and divide it by their PL average to give a realistic figure?

So Kyles 3.79 means he is nailed on at reserve.

With rumours of Ellis on a 3.0 using his NL average, we have our bottom two sorted.

• Like 2

If Newman has signed before the AGM I hope the other promoters make up rules to screw over Poole. Then when the Poole fans complain we can quote them all from 2010s AGM when they said Coventry shouldn't have revealed their hand before the AGM.

So Kyles 3.79 means he is nailed on at reserve.

With rumours of Ellis on a 3.0 using his NL average, we have our bottom two sorted.

Fishing again - what a surprise! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

So long as the rules of the EDR's are clear, transparent and fair for all then no one can have an issue.

PL averages are now irrelevant anyway as most riders have a season or 2 of having an actual EL average.maybe they could take their performances as an EDR and divide it by their PL average to give a realistic figure?

The EDR is not a fair reflection of a rider's ability so It should not be used when gauging an average.

Ellis will surely be at Lakeside on that average if it is confirmed, as ridiculous as it is. Are you going to resign Kurtz? What a GP debut that was endangering anyone he got close to... yet finishing last

If Lakeside don't want Ellis on a rumoured 3.0 ave then there must be some dodgy dealings going on!!

Ellis will surely be at Lakeside on that average if it is confirmed, as ridiculous as it is. Are you going to resign Kurtz? What a GP debut that was endangering anyone he got close to... yet finishing last

I have said before i dont think Fricke or Kurtz will make gp standard but Jack Holder will in my opinion, they all have time on their side but i think Jack has what it takes although the others could develop later like Doyle has.