British Speedway Forum

Perhaps I was a little over the top but there was just so much wrong with the post, I just didn't know if he actually could make a post of fact or if he just didn't know what was what.

I think from posts the other day I read from his, he did seem to want to backtrack to Adam's father and perhaps suck up was a bit strong so apologies for that.

From what i can remember Adam's dad responded back to him which is great after all it is only an opinion.

Ok lets look at your post paragraph by paragraph.

Yes the Poole promotion are daft for not picking a rider, thats my opinion.

Do i think they are daft over the years? No there trophies back that up, thats my opinion.

Do i have honesty and unbiased opinions? Yes im honest in my opinion is they are daft for letting him go.

I have no need to suck up to Adams father lol. He took issue with me telling him Bates should have been in the World Cup team instead of Adam, an opinion i stand by. Time has proven that Adam improved more than Bates. Funnily enough his dad thinks he has been treated poorly, guess he is biased.

Greg Hancock won the world title but was he the best rider in the world last year? No it was Doyle, think you will find 99% of people on here would agree with that. ANd yes Lambert is the best young brit but maybe Adam is more promising.

And Hans might not be number 1 and thank you for your concern over my eyesight. Just funny how the usual Poole fans bang on about Holder being to high yet they are looking for a rider above 10.01 to be number one? Erm you just let him go!!

So back up your opinions with your stats than sir.

Being honest to yourself and bearing in mind the averages, who would you have left out of your own team if you were building your own team and had to use riders from 7-8 average but of:

Ellis 7.8

Kurtz 7.65

Holder 7.14

I respect they are your opinions but in my unbiased opinion they don't seem sensible. I haven't seen you post much on any of the teams threads like I have, so I cannot comment on your other opinions for other teams although to be fair not many teams have named riders.

I think everyone thinks Holder's average is high. Even Mauger in his prime would have found that average tough to have maintained. Jason Doyle's is the worst however and is just speedway being ridiculous. My opinion is that the averages should have been capped at 12 as points wise it makes no sense or do you not agree in your opinion?

MF always throws in a surprise.

Maksym Drabik maybe

We would of won the league if it wasn't for injuries.

But we never so onwards and upwards in 2017

I thought you were a Peterborough supporter😂 Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

From what i can remember Adam's dad responded back to him which is great after all it is only an opinion.

Opinions can be rude,slanderous and hurtful and sometimes silence is golden.

• Like 1

Being honest to yourself and bearing in mind the averages, who would you have left out of your own team if you were building your own team and had to use riders from 7-8 average but of:

Ellis 7.8

Kurtz 7.65

Holder 7.14

I respect they are your opinions but in my unbiased opinion they don't seem sensible. I haven't seen you post much on any of the teams threads like I have, so I cannot comment on your other opinions for other teams although to be fair not many teams have named riders.

I think everyone thinks Holder's average is high. Even Mauger in his prime would have found that average tough to have maintained. Jason Doyle's is the worst however and is just speedway being ridiculous. My opinion is that the averages should have been capped at 12 as points wise it makes no sense or do you not agree in your opinion?

I would of kept those three Joe with Chris/Newman and Blackburn as a two pointer and another.

Opinions can be rude,slanderous and hurtful and sometimes silence is golden.

There was no nastiness as i can remember it is like going to watch your son play football .He gets unfair critisism hard to take but thats life but you are right it does mean it is right though. Edited by Sidney the robin

Ellis 7.8

Kurtz 7.65

Holder 7.14

why leave any of them out? Put Holder snr in with Newman and that would never get beat at home. Why cap Doyles average?? In most meetings he would get 5 points more than Ellis or Jack Holder so his average is correct for this format! You suggesting you cap riders at 12 is foolish. You cant multiply some by 1.4 and not others!

He does it for reaction Lisa. Last year he spent the first half of the season slagging off Newman and Ellis, then had to backtrack faster than Lilly Savages wig flying off in a hurricane. He went on and on about Bates better than Adam, that Newman was just a reserve that never improves, then when he realised Ellis was in another league compared to Bates had to change his tune very quickly when it was obvious from the start Adam had far more potential.

Now suddenly when Poole couldn't fit him in the team, he is the best young Brit out there! Lol! We have been saying that for months!

And now he believes Hans is our number one! He's going to be pi55ed when he sees the lineup. Lol!

Still, he will continue to troll the Poole threads. Just glad I don't read them unless they get quoted.

But Bates beat him AGAIN at Sheffield give young Bates the credit he deserves another talented lad.
  • Like 2

But Bates beat him AGAIN at Sheffield give young Bates the credit he deserves another talented lad.

Wow, he beat him at his home track and tell me who would win at Poole or even Swindon?

Ellis 7.8

Kurtz 7.65

Holder 7.14

Actually agree with the first part of this. I've stated repeatedly that bib think Ellis' average was right. But I can understand Poole not picking him, as of the middle order I think b kurtz j holder and Newman are all better value on their lower averages.

Disagree re holder and Doyle though. Don't look at the absolute value of the average, look at it compared to others, and be aware that the league is built to a points limit 15% higher than will be achieved. Is holder worth 2.5 points more than say Hans or fricke? I would say yes. Again, that doesn't mean poole are foolish not hiring him, justvtgatvthey are aiming to build in a less top heavy way.

Wow, he beat him at his home track and tell me who would win at Poole or even Swindon?

Lisa surely you havent got blue tinted glasses!!! have a look at the international meetings record.Why dont you look at it another way both are talented lads see what happens in the future.

why leave any of them out? Put Holder snr in with Newman and that would never get beat at home. Why cap Doyles average?? In most meetings he would get 5 points more than Ellis or Jack Holder so his average is correct for this format! You suggesting you cap riders at 12 is foolish. You cant multiply some by 1.4 and not others!

But the problem is I read somewhere that Hans Andersen and possibly Gomolski were promised to be in the 2017 team. If those promises were made, that leaves you with possibly no Chris Holder and no Adam Ellis I am guessing.

To be honest, I don't really care what the lineup is, but I just found the majority of your opinions to be factually incorrect and biased. Poole know more than you and I do, so we need should leave it at that.

Actually agree with the first part of this. I've stated repeatedly that bib think Ellis' average was right. But I can understand Poole not picking him, as of the middle order I think b kurtz j holder and Newman are all better value on their lower averages.

Disagree re holder and Doyle though. Don't look at the absolute value of the average, look at it compared to others, and be aware that the league is built to a points limit 15% higher than will be achieved. Is holder worth 2.5 points more than say Hans or fricke? I would say yes. Again, that doesn't mean poole are foolish not hiring him, justvtgatvthey are aiming to build in a less top heavy way.

But in all the years having followed speedway, it does look stupid having a 13.70 average. And as I said before even Mauger would have struggled to maintain that average.

The league isn't that much weaker than last year. A lot of riders won't hit their averages in my opinion and changes under a possible different average format may take place although obviously there is no guarantee but only going on hearsay of a recent post mentioned in the Somerset thread.

Agree 13.7 looks funny.

It's not an opinion that riders will drop their averages, it's a fact, given that on average each team will drop 8 points off the 50 point limit.

The odd rider will hold or improve their average, but a lot will decrease significantly, I would say in particular 2nd strings on 7-9 point pl averages (e.g. worralls, garritty, tungate etc.) and some edr on 5-6 pt averages (e.g. Nielsen, Jacobs, kerr).

Putting my SKY Sports transfer rumour hat on, who will be this mystery rider who is above Hans in average but below Chris.

KK= Poole asset on 11 would be solid and is amazing at home

AJ= Poole wanted to sign him last year, but is rumoured to not want to race this year in the UK and Coventry will have a say.

Hampel= Would be great signing, is definitely a top 8 rider in the world if not for injuries. Will need more racing now no GP's .

Any other ideas, or is this just talk. I imagine Kyle and Brady come in as well so they take, 13.86 points between them. Is Matt planning a young 4 point rider from the continent.

• Like 1

Putting my SKY Sports transfer rumour hat on, who will be this mystery rider who is above Hans in average but below Chris.

KK= Poole asset on 11 would be solid and is amazing at home

AJ= Poole wanted to sign him last year, but is rumoured to not want to race this year in the UK and Coventry will have a say.

Hampel= Would be great signing, is definitely a top 8 rider in the world if not for injuries. Will need more racing now no GP's .

Any other ideas, or is this just talk. I imagine Kyle and Brady come in as well so they take, 13.86 points between them. Is Matt planning a young 4 point rider from the continent.

He'll be considering who his second Brit will be

Necessary evil in my opinion. See it just as a mathematical process which allows the promoted sides to have a chance to be competitive. What would have been ridiculous would have been to put a ceiling of 12.00. The multiplier of 1.4 has to apply for every relevant rider. Rossiter and Middlo moaning about it is understandable but they would be even more annoyed if the top league had fallen below 8 teams.

Haven't seen it confirmed officially what the process will be once real averages are attained. Would be madness to stick at 50 otherwise half the starting sevens would be getting jettisoned by the late spring.

• Like 1