British Speedway Forum

Necessary evil in my opinion. See it just as a mathematical process which allows the promoted sides to have a chance to be competitive. What would have been ridiculous would have been to put a ceiling of 12.00. The multiplier of 1.4 has to apply for every relevant rider. Rossiter and Middlo moaning about it is understandable but they would be even more annoyed if the top league had fallen below 8 teams.

Haven't seen it confirmed officially what the process will be once real averages are attained. Would be madness to stick at 50 otherwise half the starting sevens would be getting jettisoned by the late spring.

I understand it would be unfair for a 12 point capping if all the other riders except the three over 12 had the 1.4 multiple.

The capping was only a suggestion but it isn't a good or fair one but that is stil needless to say that Doyle on a 13.7 doesn't look stupid.

Perhaps a multiple of 1.1 or 1.2 would have been more acceptable but most the averages are fairish in the equation of riders from the Championship who could of course get promoted.

Something tells me though and I am not sure if it is logic or just pure guesswork that teams being promoted may have a slightly better chance of doing well than the teams already in the Premiership.

Riders like Kyle Newman obviously prefer the tracks in the top league where it is more of a lottery to set the bike up when you go to tracks like Peterborough, Sheffield, Somerset, Plymouth and so on where as apart from Lakeside who have departed and perhaps I would say most the tracks in the top league are all pretty fair.

I understand it would be unfair for a 12 point capping if all the other riders except the three over 12 had the 1.4 multiple.

The capping was only a suggestion but it isn't a good or fair one but that is stil needless to say that Doyle on a 13.7 doesn't look stupid.

Perhaps a multiple of 1.1 or 1.2 would have been more acceptable but most the averages are fairish in the equation of riders from the Championship who could of course get promoted.

Something tells me though and I am not sure if it is logic or just pure guesswork that teams being promoted may have a slightly better chance of doing well than the teams already in the Premiership.

Riders like Kyle Newman obviously prefer the tracks in the top league where it is more of a lottery to set the bike up when you go to tracks like Peterborough, Sheffield, Somerset, Plymouth and so on where as apart from Lakeside who have departed and perhaps I would say most the tracks in the top league are all pretty fair.

Top League tracks are not fair. There is a reason why Poole have only lost once at home in two seasons.

4 i would think looked quite useful in the blue riband

There is absolutely no way a Pole with a couple of years of Ekstraliga & some Elitserien experience should come in on 4.00 when last years EDR riders are on 7.80 (Ellis) higher still for Steve Worrall. Any new Pole should be 7:00 at least.

• Like 3

There is absolutely no way a Pole with a couple of years of Ekstraliga & some Elitserien experience should come in on 4.00 when last years EDR riders are on 7.80 (Ellis) higher still for Steve Worrall. Any new Pole should be 7:00 at least.

Agree. IMO should be a minimum 5 converted at 1.4. Or ekstraliga average converted x 1.4.

Not a Poole issue though as we are not using any new Poles.

I don't think they will. The 4.00 is the minimum assessed average which would most likely only apply to the likes of Hummel and Gappmaier.

Like waihekeaces I would prefer a formula based approach, but I imagine the BSPA are continuing the expert assessment route (is it still Peter Oakes?) and Drabik would come in at 8 or 9.

Edited by arnieg

Capping the averages is totally irrelevent. Has to be the same as everyone elses in relation to the points limit.

Give Doyle a 25 point average and make the points limit 100. Its all relative.

Compare Doyles average to everyone elses and it makes total sense.

• Like 3

Not sure why all the fuss over 12.00+ points? It only affects 3 riders - one of whom won't be doing UK in 2017 anyway!!

Putting my SKY Sports transfer rumour hat on, who will be this mystery rider who is above Hans in average but below Chris.

KK= Poole asset on 11 would be solid and is amazing at home

AJ= Poole wanted to sign him last year, but is rumoured to not want to race this year in the UK and Coventry will have a say.

Hampel= Would be great signing, is definitely a top 8 rider in the world if not for injuries. Will need more racing now no GP's .

Any other ideas, or is this just talk. I imagine Kyle and Brady come in as well so they take, 13.86 points between them. Is Matt planning a young 4 point rider from the continent.

Harris?! ;-) although not seen a rumour anywhere - even on Sky Sports!!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

If Poole were to pull off Maksym Drabik be it at a 4 or 7 point average then IMO they have signed the best young rider in the World.

To me this guy is better than Piotr Pawlicki and may even be as good as Bartosz Zmarslik. BZ is 22 in April and MD will be 19. Considering he lost most of last season due to breaking his leg in about 3 places in Sweden I see this guy with immense potential.

You only have to see his scores in 2015 plus how he slaughtered the young Aussies in matches between young Poland and Young Australia incl when he rode against them in Aussie on their home turf is enough to tell me the heights this guy is going to scale.

If they got him under the radar on a low average then that will be one hell of a signing.

If Poole were to pull off Maksym Drabik be it at a 4 or 7 point average then IMO they have signed the best young rider in the World.

To me this guy is better than Piotr Pawlicki and may even be as good as Bartosz Zmarslik. BZ is 22 in April and MD will be 19. Considering he lost most of last season due to breaking his leg in about 3 places in Sweden I see this guy with immense potential.

You only have to see his scores in 2015 plus how he slaughtered the young Aussies in matches between young Poland and Young Australia incl when he rode against them in Aussie on their home turf is enough to tell me the heights this guy is going to scale.

If they got him under the radar on a low average then that will be one hell of a signing.

He was rumoured to want to sign last year but leg break did not help. His Dad rode for us so i'm sure that helps and Magic i'm sure will put in a good word for us about how he made his name in Poole and then the world.

Not a Poole issue though as we are not using any new Poles.

Someone had Cyfer down as a 4.00 reserve in this thread, hence why it was mentioned on this thread.

He was rumoured to want to sign last year but leg break did not help. His Dad rode for us so i'm sure that helps and Magic i'm sure will put in a good word for us about how he made his name in Poole and then the world.

If I was Maks I would like to ride,ride and ride some more after losing so much of 2015.

He will ride Poland,Sweden and cld fit UK in as well which would give him that oh so important experience of riding smaller tracks which will benefit him for when he does eventually make it into GP etc.

He would rebuild his strength and would do his confidence plenty of good as I see him racking up plenty of points against inferior competition in many cases.

Wish I had the cheque book to sign the guy as would try to make him a priority if he was willing to come over. Poole are good at welcoming young riders as they have done with Chris H - Darcy W - Jack H - Brady K etc.

Let's hope Matt can make such a move happen as with Jack - Brady etc I cld see one hell of a side plus room for experience if he also signs my idea of the hottest UK potential in Jack P Blackburn on a 2 point average.

Janowski had at least a year at Swindon and a year at Kings Lynn before he joined Poole. I'm sure he would have been riding in Sweden & his native Poland during that period also. So how did he 'make his name' at Poole?

Janowski had at least a year at Swindon and a year at Kings Lynn before he joined Poole. I'm sure he would have been riding in Sweden & his native Poland during that period also. So how did he 'make his name' at Poole?

He improved an awful lot more at Poole than anywhere else.

He improved an awful lot more at Poole than anywhere else.

Ahhh let be remember that time he was a GP rider at those two teams. Ohh wait I can't. He also went from 6.9 ish to 8.95 in three seasons that is pretty go going.

He went from 3rd heat leader at Poole to a top three rider in the league, that's making his name. He did not ride in Sweden until last year and he has said that British speedway made him.