British Speedway Forum

i do have to laugh at some of he guff posed by some , this is not the top league as we know it that team looks near on unbeatable to me ,

Scottyfan is well known for his guff!!

I wonder how much his grasstrack / longtrack commitments will affect him riding at Poole ?

I can't see him achieving his average personally and i expect the other reserve to be very busy!

So the team predicted by Phil the Ace,

KK

Andersen

J.Holder

Kurtz

Klindt

Newman

Shanes

Is the 2017 Poole team??

Not very inspiring and will get slaughtered by Rye House!!!!

Swap Klindt for Newman at reserve. Again the benchmark team even with brand new rules/team building averages to work to. Two top riders. A young and very aggresive 3 and 4, Newman at 2 and Kindt at reserve to take 5 rides.

Probably end up with the favourites tag as usual. Of course this team is yet to be confirmed....

Very pleased indeed.

• Like 1

James Shanes is a tidy little rider but cant gate for toffee so may struggle against other reserves. Never gives up though gives 100& but can be a tad erratic with his style.

Top grasstrack rider so should have no issues with the lumps and bumps around Wimborne Road.

The Poole team looks ok but could be awful on the road as the middle order of Holder Kurtz and Newman not great away from home.

Rye House still look far more solid

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

James Shanes is a tidy little rider but cant gate for toffee so may struggle against other reserves. Never gives up though gives 100& but can be a tad erratic with his style.

Top grasstrack rider so should have no issues with the lumps and bumps around Wimborne Road.

The Poole team looks ok but could be awful on the road as the middle order of Holder Kurtz and Newman not great away from home.

Rye House still look far more solid

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Gavan...

Edited by BurntFaceMan

James Shanes?! What are you doing to our team Cecil? Better bring Chris back sharpish!

don't insult the young lad trying to make his way in speedway anyway if I remember right you said in previous posts you won't be going next season nor watching on sky so don't worry to much about it I do actually think next season could improve the fortunes of our sport
  • Like 1

If the majority of clubs sign 2 pointers then it's a fair enough signing but I can see a few clubs having stronger number 7s which will see Shanes struggle.

• Like 2

don't insult the young lad trying to make his way in speedway anyway if I remember right you said in previous posts you won't be going next season nor watching on sky so don't worry to much about it I do actually think next season could improve the fortunes of our sport

I'm not insulting the young lad, I'm saying he's not good enough yet. If he is good enough yet then it says a hell of a lot about Premiership speedway doesn't it?

If the majority of clubs sign 2 pointers then it's a fair enough signing but I can see a few clubs having stronger number 7s which will see Shanes struggle.

If we're signing a 2 pointer at reserve then I think it's a disgrace that Chris Holder has been hung out to dry.

your right top heavy team's will have 2 pointers at the bottom end so they are going to find life a little difficult don't want people on there back because of low scores

So the team predicted by Phil the Ace,

KK

Andersen

J.Holder

Kurtz

Klindt

Newman

Shanes

Is the 2017 Poole team??

Not very inspiring and will get slaughtered by Rye House!!!!

I think that's a team that will see us through the season good enough for a top four place.

It (they) will improve as the season goes on and by the time of the play offs will be serious challengers.

IMO.

• Like 1

I wish Shanes well even though he is at Poole :P.Have met him a couple of times through my daughter as they are friends.He seems a nice lad and maybe deserves his chance now.But maybe a spot in the Championship would be more beneficial to him at this point,because if things don't start well at Poole you can just see them turfing him out on his ear.

He is one of the best riders i have seen on the grass with no fear at all.

• Like 2

Loving the Shanes signing. He's a thrill a minute to watch on the grass, and is pretty damn good at it too. Hopefully that ability can transfer over to speedway.

While many people are going to complain about this weakened league and the fact we don't get to see all the top (foreign) riders, I'm actually pretty happy to see more young British talent on a regular basis. Fully expecting other teams to sign more young Brits as No.7s and hopefully British Speedway will be all the better for it.

• Like 1

Excellent signing.

My only reservation is his gating. Get that sorted, he will be a delight to watch.

Fearless when looking for a gap to pass, inside or out

A definite crowd pleaser.

Excellent signing.

My only reservation is his gating. Get that sorted, he will be a delight to watch.

Fearless when looking for a gap to pass, inside or out

A definite crowd pleaser.

I think with Kyle he could learn the Wimbourne road way. AKA deep into turn 2 get the grip and shoot down the back and tight into 3 and 4.

So 30.83 left for 4 riders. I imagine Brady and Kyle come in on 6.31 and 7.65. This would leave us with 16.87. I think KK will sign but you never know with Matt. I cannot see Brady and Kyle not being in team just the last two who are the interesting ones.

30.83 point