British Speedway Forum

Kyle hasn't even been scoring 6-7 for Poole though? He has scored that once, apart from that, 2-3 points..... so anything more than 4, and he has done better than Kyle.

Kyle had 4 matches for Poole and his best score was 6 in a heat leader position.

Starkes best score all season was 7..................you honestly think Newman wouldnt get 6 a meeting from now on?

I will stand by what i said. If Starke bangs in 8 or 9 points a meeting then yes the change was worth it. If he is a 6 or 7 points a meeting (and this seasons evidence suggests he may struggle to get that) then it was a pointless change.

He has an easy meeting at home to Leicester to start with so i would expect a big points haul

Where did i say you slagged him off?? I said you were wrong about him. You kept going on we should be worrying about him being in the team and yet he is our best rider along with Hans so far. So yeah you were wrong!

You make it sound like i was the only one its laughable.

I said Poole need one of Kurtz or Holder to kick on and grab a heatleader spot as Pooles top 3 (KK, Hans, Kurtz,) looked weaker than the other top teams.

Please also provide evidence of me keep going on about Kurtz................let me answer you, you wont be able to.

And Pooles top 3 are averaging less than Wolves by nearly 4 points and less than Belle Vue by over a point

Edited by Gavan

Newman is averaging 3.5. Why would you say if stake averages 6 or 7 it is not an improvement?

Gavan doesn't know what he's talking about..

Kyle had 4 matches for Poole and his best score was 6 in a heat leader position.

Starkes best score all season was 7..................you honestly think Newman wouldnt get 6 a meeting from now on?

I will stand by what i said. If Starke bangs in 8 or 9 points a meeting then yes the change was worth it. If he is a 6 or 7 points a meeting (and this seasons evidence suggests he may struggle to get that) then it was a pointless change.

He has an easy meeting at home to Leicester to start with so i would expect a big points haul

Kyle top score was 6+2 from 5 I believe, hardly brilliant, I would expect him to improve on his current scoring, as its been pretty poor. You have to make changes for riders who are struggling for form, what does it say, oh don't worry..... we will keep you for the season even though your going to drop points on your average, as no point in replacing you?

You have to make changes to keep others on there toes, simple as IMO.

Newman is averaging 3.5. Why would you say if stake averages 6 or 7 it is not an improvement?

Newman has had 4 meetings for Poole and averaged 3.53 when clearly not fit and not 100%

Starke averaged just over 4 for Somerset.

I would suggest that Newman would start getting around 6-7 points a meeting on a regular basis from his 4 rides.

I never said i expected Starke to average 6 or 7, i would expect him to score aorund that mark from his 4 rides same as i would expect Newman to!

The fact remains that an unfit Newman in 4 matches was only half a point behind a fully fit Starke

Starkes highest score was 7 in all his matches...........even at Poole he managed only 4!

Paul Starke for Kyle Newman is a like for like replacement

Gavan doesn't know what he's talking about..

Wind your neck in clown

You have banged on all season about Newman being unfit

You banged on about its the wrong decision to drop him............which i agreed with

Now all of a sudden i dont know what im talking about when im suggesting Starke is a like for like replacement?

Do us all a favour and keep it quiet......changing your mind like a tart

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 1

Newman has had 4 meetings for Poole and averaged 3.53 when clearly not fit and not 100%

Starke averaged just over 4 for Somerset.

I would suggest that Newman would start getting around 6-7 points a meeting on a regular basis from his 4 rides.

I never said i expected Starke to average 6 or 7, i would expect him to score aorund that mark from his 4 rides same as i would expect Newman to!

The fact remains that an unfit Newman in 4 matches was only half a point behind a fully fit Starke

Starkes highest score was 7 in all his matches...........even at Poole he managed only 4!

Paul Starke for Kyle Newman is a like for like replacement

Wind your neck in clown

You have banged on all season about Newman being unfit

You banged on about its the wrong decision to drop him............which i agreed with

Now all of a sudden i dont know what im talking about when im suggesting Starke is a like for like replacement?

Do us all a favour and keep it quiet......changing your mind like a tart

I dont agree with Matt dropping him, but it all comes down to averages.

Which are??

Think You will find that Starkes is higher than Newman or at the worst about half a point less. So why is this change being made?

Mate, ive always been a big fan of Matt and what does and has done at poole, but i think this is a bit unfair, Kyle needs time and race time, and because of the fixtures he ain't getting it. He would have dropped to reserve and mopped up and helped his confidence. Bad decision.

Just a quick look at you saying it was a bad decision to drop him...........but i agree with you and you say i know nothing..........priceless

Just a quick look at you saying it was a bad decision to drop him...........but i agree with you and you say i know nothing..........priceless

Great, now Starkey needs to come in and hit the ground running..

How does it? There was no need to drop Newman because of averages at all. He was dropped because he had been performing poorly.

• Like 2

Ford once again dumps a loyal Poole rider and lets Kyle go.

Holder leaving Poole will probably be the best thing that has happened to him in recent years.

Loyalty is a two way concept... hope Kyle finds a better home

• Like 2

Holder leaving Poole will probably be the best thing that has happened to him in recent years.

Hold on.... Ford has one interest, that's the success of Poole Pirates, Matt has given Kyle a chance for quite a few seasons now, and this season Newman isn't performing, what is he meant to do? Yes loyalty is superb, and is a must, but Kyle isn't cutting the mustard, simple as.

Hold on.... Ford has one interest, that's the success of Poole Pirates, Matt has given Kyle a chance for quite a few seasons now, and this season Newman isn't performing, what is he meant to do? Yes loyalty is superb, and is a must, but Kyle isn't cutting the mustard, simple as.

This season Newmans has had 4 meetings for Poole, and is averaging only half a point less than Starke. This while he was coming back mid season against fit and confident riders. He was likely to struggle

However the rider replacing him is also struggling in the top league...........................i get Newman isnt riding to his capabilitys..............but to replace him with a like for like rider is very strange.

Starke will come in and score between 5-8 most meetings..........something im sure Newman would have done.

Poole ride Leicester next.............i can see Starke doing well in that and then everyone will say Ford was right

nor the guy coming in to replace kyle like for like

Holder not coming back to Poole hasnt really worked for him or Poole although he does seem to be improving lately.

He doesnt dump riders who are performing and Newman wasnt performing but i dont believe he was given enough time after coming back from injury and im sure he will be back to his best soon

• Like 1

You make it sound like i was the only one its laughable.

I said Poole need one of Kurtz or Holder to kick on and grab a heatleader spot as Pooles top 3 (KK, Hans, Kurtz,) looked weaker than the other top teams.

Please also provide evidence of me keep going on about Kurtz................let me answer you, you wont be able to.

And Pooles top 3 are averaging less than Wolves by nearly 4 points and less than Belle Vue by over a point

I didn't say you were the only one, i said FB too!! Also you kept going on about how Poole fans should be worried about Brady's Aussie champ form ( which is a stupid guide to go by btw) and you kept repeating to over and over and over. Now Brady has proved you wrong, thank goodness. So time for Starke to do the same! :)