British Speedway Forum

Lahti is an ok signing but who else was there?

Im awaiting Starman to welcome him to the club...............something along the lines of ' always wanted to ride for Poole'.......'if he came back to the UK it would only be for Poole'..............'Matt Ford has had him in mind for years'...............'will improve his average at Poole'

Im awaiting Starman to welcome him to the club...............something along the lines of ' always wanted to ride for Poole'.......'if he came back to the UK it would only be for Poole'..............'Matt Ford has had him in mind for years'...............'will improve his average at Poole'

Well the last one will happen!

I can see the queue of top name riders from here......wait, I'm mistaken. No rider wants to do the Uk, too much hassle for not much reward. Need a complete set up which costs money!

Pretty sure we will have someone a bit better replacing KK.

Lahti has improved since his Eastbourne days and should be a decent replacement for Nicolai.

and therefore shouldve been reassessed in line with his more recent performances abroad....

Lahti is a great signing will do the job fine.

I did think me old mate me old mucker Bjarne was going to be back

Yeh Lahti will be fine, im sure he'l do a good job for us..

Lahti is a top rider overseas at the moment. This makes Poole way stronger in my view, just in time for the business end of the season.

Just watched Klindt win his first race in the European Championship ,very fast does not look injured,

nothing wrong with the bloke,he was having a laugh at British Speedway,Should not be let back in Britain.

I am not a Poole supporter but I think the Premiership should make the rule next season that there be

at least 3 Brits in every team to weed out the unworthy.

• Like 1

No thanks would rather have a team consisting of Australians, Polish and 1 Brit possible 2 Brits depending on the rider.

And yes I am British I just don't like your suggestion with all due respect

In other words riders who don't care about British speedway.

• Like 2

No thanks would rather have a team consisting of Australians, Polish and 1 Brit possible 2 Brits depending on the rider.

And yes I am British I just don't like your suggestion with all due respect

Good news for British speedway then!

I fail to see how signing Timo Lahti on his current average is anything other than a good signing for Poole. He's on a false 'lowish' average and his scores for both Rospiggarna and Daugavpils are more than credible.

His scores will also be far more consistent that Klindt's, which vary from very high to very low with little in between depending on whether he's got his gating shoes on.

Just watched Klindt win his first race in the European Championship ,very fast does not look injured,

nothing wrong with the bloke,he was having a laugh at British Speedway,Should not be let back in Britain.

I am not a Poole supporter but I think the Premiership should make the rule next season that there be

at least 3 Brits in every team to weed out the unworthy.

I thought he was out injured?

I thought he was out injured

Klindt said it would be better for him to try and recover properly rather than risk further damage,this is according to Ford so who knows.

Then a couple of days later he's riding properly again.

Klindt said it would be better for him to try and recover properly rather than risk further damage,this is according to Ford so who knows.

Then a couple of days later he's riding properly again.

In fairness Poole have replaced him so it's nothing to do with Poole what Klindt does.

In fairness Poole have replaced him so it's nothing to do with Poole what Klindt does.

Yes Poole can do what they want with him.All i was saying was did Klindt say that or did Ford just say that to make himself look more inoccent than ruthless person we are led to believe he is.But if Klindt did say that and he ended up riding tonight he's pulled a fast one on Ford.