British Speedway Forum

With Klindt now confirmed I think Poole are in a strong position.

Matt also states that in May the team averages will revert to a 42, the first confirmation of that from anyone

They certainly intend to re-adjust them then but when I read it the figure wasn't mentioned.

They certainly intend to re-adjust them then but when I read it the figure wasn't mentioned.

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/2016-11-29-triple-switch-for-nicolai.html

" I've seen it written by promoters talking about riders being able to increase averages in 2017, but in fact I believe fewer than 5 riders will achieve this due to us starting on a 50 point average, but reverting to a 42 average in May. Of course by this time riders would have achieved truer reflection, and almost all riders will see a decrease. However in Nicolai's case, I feel he will break the trend and actually increase his starting average.

• Like 2

http://www.poolepirates.co/news/2016-11-29-triple-switch-for-nicolai.html

" I've seen it written by promoters talking about riders being able to increase averages in 2017, but in fact I believe fewer than 5 riders will achieve this due to us starting on a 50 point average, but reverting to a 42 average in May. Of course by this time riders would have achieved truer reflection, and almost all riders will see a decrease. However in Nicolai's case, I feel he will break the trend and actually increase his starting average.

Yes, I meant that I read it from another source and the figure wasn't mentioned. So it's to be 42 then.

With Klindt now confirmed I think Poole are in a strong position.

Matt also states that in May the team averages will revert to a 42, the first confirmation of that from anyone

So the idea for teams like Swindon is to get your changes in before May then.

Isn't that when the first set of averages come in usually. Won't give a lot of time for changes to be made.

If a team can cram in 4 home and 4 away fixtures in March good luck to them

Klindt struggled to achieve 5.4 in last years premier league. If he doesn't make the gate then that's it.

On the subject of people having double accounts just go and have a look at posts 722 and 724 on the Ipswich thread!!

Our very own Starman has 2 accounts! Except this time he forgot to log out and change his name!

Go have a look he has a pop at me and then replies to his own comment!!! Priceless. Now we have to work out which other poster he is.

As for Klindt could be a good signing but his average is low for a reason, misses the gate and is awful. Can see him getting 2 in one meeting and 8 the next so inconsistent

• Like 1

So what will happen to the averages of riders who rode EL last year and didn't get a team this year?

Eg if Holder doesn't get a side will he revert to his old average that will probably be lower than KK or Hans?

• Like 1

So what will happen to the averages of riders who rode EL last year and didn't get a team this year?

Eg if Holder doesn't get a side will he revert to his old average that will probably be lower than KK or Hans?

I would imagine it will be whatever the BSPA make up that is what it will be

Correct, 2016 riders not starting 2017 will just use existing real averages, there's no other option.

I see a large number of team changes in May/June

They would come in on the inflated average listed on the BSPA site. That is now their average regardless of when they sign

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/2017_team_building_numerical.pdf

Edited by mdmc82

They have surely thought of that? To make things fair the riders missing out should keep their team building averages. Promoters will know before May whether they want to make a change.

Well Kyle liked my post that said hope this means you are signing for Poole last night which means as we all know he will come in on 6.31 which will leave us with 8.03.

Will it be Brady or will he be at Somerset. Not sure who we could sign. I think it will still be Brady because he put TBC as a pirate on Twitter as well which suggests he will ride for us.