British Speedway Forum

Indeed - in his later Poole days, Tony Rickardsson was on £125 a point.

That was years ago so it's quite possible for a top rider to do 4-5k with two meetings a week nowadays.

Btw Starman, my source was the rider himself. So please don't try to tell me otherwise.

Cheers

I have it on excellent authority that TR was on £180 per point in the latter stages of his Poole stint - plus the usual other stuff!!!

BTW not sure what all the current conjecture is for KK?? He will start practicing again next week (he will not be available for Poole's 2 away meetings next week) and MF has stated he will give KK the chance to find his form again BUT expects him to start scoring as a number 1 very quickly or risk the consequences by the end of June.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I know I said that!

Any rider worth his salt would MAINTAIN and keep there equipment top notch..

Edited by Starman2006

Personally I do not see any point in replacing KK yet he won't be at Wolves next Monday but he is crap at Monmore even on good form so that is a bonus, I expect they will give him a couple of meetings to prove he can still do a job at number one when he comes back from injury, he maintains his equipment is good so he is blaming himself which is refreshing as most blame equipment when things are not going well.

That's even worse as he is one of the worst confidence riders around. Let's hope for Poole fans sake he is able to turn it around.

Nothing to do with his equipment.

Read what FB is saying, that's exactly what he is saying. #mustlearntoreadapostfullybeforelookinganumpty

• Like 1

That's even worse as he is one of the worst confidence riders around. Let's hope for Poole fans sake he is able to turn it around.

Read what FB is saying, that's exactly what he is saying. #mustlearntoreadapostfullybeforelookinganumpty

He's saying MAINTAIN. Any rider worth his salt keeps his equipment top notch and i did read his post. KK has always been a confidence rider !!

And had you seen him guest for us v BV last season any club would have signed him there and then.

Edited by Starman2006

He's saying MAINTAIN. Any rider worth his salt keeps his equipment top notch and i did read his post. KK has always been a confidence rider !!

And had you seen him guest for us v BV last season any club would have signed him there and then.

Wolves would never sign him. Thank god.

Wolves would never sign him. Thank god.

If your Adams would have seen him ride that night even he would have signed him..

If your Adams would have seen him ride that night even he would have signed him..

Not a cat in hells chance of that ever happening.

You obviously have never seen him ride at Monmore. Utterly useless.

• Like 1

I said he maintains his equipment is good not that his equipment is well maintained.

• Like 3

I said he maintains his equipment is good not that his equipment is well maintained.

Yep, two engines were sent to poole in consecutive weeks from servicing before our break. So what does that tell you..

Edited by Starman2006

Not a cat in hells chance of that ever happening.

You obviously have never seen him ride at Monmore. Utterly useless.

He is utterly useless at Monmore. But he is a proper top speedway rider no matter how many dozens of posts you go on and on and on about him. Most speedway riders don't have to suffer piddly little Monmore more than twice a season. For Polish riders its a serious challenge and one many feel not worth worrying about as they only go there very occassionally.

KK was second in the world quite recently and an acheivement most riders could only dream about. Sure his form is down currently but that doesn't mean he is a bad rider. His career proves how good he can be, regardless of your continuous insults at him.

No he wouldnt. Peter Adams is the best team manager there has ever been...............he would not sign a Pole who at his very best is inconsistent.

He is utterly useless at Monmore. But he is a proper top speedway rider no matter how many dozens of posts you go on and on and on about him. Most speedway riders don't have to suffer piddly little Monmore more than twice a season. For Polish riders its a serious challenge and one many feel not worth worrying about as they only go there very occassionally.

KK was second in the world quite recently and an acheivement most riders could only dream about. Sure his form is down currently but that doesn't mean he is a bad rider. His career proves how good he can be, regardless of your continuous insults at him.

Totally irrelevant that he was second in the world as it was 3 years ago almost. His form has been in decline ever since.

KK was only ever good abroad and in the UK he was very very inconsistent and couldnt be bothered half the time and scoring woefully.

The odd meeting he turned it on showing his form on the continent.

The speedway world knew what Poole were signing this season.........a former world class rider who is declining and basically has never shown his form over here in the UK........................Trouble is a majority of Poole fans believed he would be a genuine number one..............lol

He hasn't been world class since that one off season.

Sure he has won medals with Poland , even bomber has had some outstanding meetings for GB.

His average in SS is 6.59 from 8 meetings this season. I guess only you would defend that as the form of a world class rider.

KK has often had seasons of struggle and lacking something. That's probably part of his enigma.

On the world stage he is often found wanting, certainly in the GP's.

Anyway I will leave you to defend a rider who is currently averaging less than Kyle Howarth. Good luck with that.

KK was only ever good abroad and in the UK he was very very inconsistent and couldnt be bothered half the time and scoring woefully.

The odd meeting he turned it on showing his form on the continent.

The speedway world knew what Poole were signing this season.........a former world class rider who is declining and basically has never shown his form over here in the UK........................Trouble is a majority of Poole fans believed he would be a genuine number one..............lol

Name them.

Putting my SKY Sports transfer rumour hat on, who will be this mystery rider who is above Hans in average but below Chris.

KK= Poole asset on 11 would be solid and is amazing at home

AJ= Poole wanted to sign him last year, but is rumoured to not want to race this year in the UK and Coventry will have a say.

Hampel= Would be great signing, is definitely a top 8 rider in the world if not for injuries. Will need more racing now no GP's .

Any other ideas, or is this just talk. I imagine Kyle and Brady come in as well so they take, 13.86 points between them. Is Matt planning a young 4 point rider from the continent.

I personally want Kasprzak. I have wanted KK since day 1 even if Chris Holder was in the frame I would want KK.

Answer to you're Q's though

Hampel isn't past his prime Jarek just had a horrible injury.

Greg Hancock is the most boring rider I have ever seen (Gate, Gate, Gate & Gate again) but we signed him and Greg couldn't have come cheap.

MF will have more money to spare this season than ever before because it will basically be riders who rode in the PL last season with Hans Andersen.

I cant imagine Brady, Jack and Kyle Newman being on big bucks neither will the other British rider we have to sign.

KrispyJack will be fine he loves Poole and motors around in Poole colours I would be happy to see him in the no1 berth.

Yeah, but KK will average over 11.00 at home. He is currently the best rider in the world at Wimborne Road, in my opinion.

Back in 2012 when we had Ward, Holder and KK their home averages over the course of the season (as per speedway-stats.co.uk) were:

Ward - 11.27

KK - 11.12

Holder - 10.60

So our number 1 rider for 2017 is announced. KK will do a very solid job in this league structure and certainly match all the other top boys. With Hans to back him up we have a strong top 2.

Looking good again. The points save by using Kk mean we will always have one very good reserve all season to cover for our new lad.

KK is a tour de force at Poole. Backed up with Andersen we have a very experienced top two to help the youngsters in the team.

Matt throws the gauntlet down again. Can another club put together a lineup to challenge?

KK has never let Poole down. Never seen him go awol like he did at Swindon for Coventry.

I think he will be really happy back here and will show good form. A few on here always bang on about him being flaky at every opportunity but for Poole he has always been red hot.

A great signing and counters Doyle at Swindon and Lindgren at Wolves.

Really happy with the KK signing

I don't agree. KK will be a lot more consistant than Chris would have been..

few examples of people who were happy to have KK at Poole

Not saying their opinion was wrong ....................but lots of Poole fans wanted him there

• Like 3