British Speedway Forum

That's a bit disrespectful. Eddie is a decent rider. Fair enough his away form is poor but Eddie will always score big points at home. Home form is key at the end of the day and if you can pick up a point here and there on the road then fantastic. Ed Kennett rides Wimborne Road very well and I am happy that we have him in our side.

We could still win the league in my opinion. We have taken at least a point from all of our away meetings this year and that's with Kasprzak not trying for us so I think this change is a positive one. In my opinion Hans Andersen is an out and out No.1 in this watered down league so its not like we don't have a big hitter or anything.

Just my opinion. Some will see it different to me but I like to look at the positives and not the negatives.

As a speedway fan your view will be seriously diminished then. ;)

I think Poole will creep into the play offs.And I think they will use Chris Holder in the latter part of the season due to an unfortunate illness/ injury..Can't see Lynn using him.

Edited by Bald Bloke

All the unusual suspects coming on the thread to take the piss out of Poole signing Kennett. If he does as well as I expect at home it should be enough to clinch a play off spot, home wins will probably be enough unless the Holder thing at KL is sorted out.

Indeed you didn't say it but brum said you did so either accept it or be prepared for yet another thread to be dominated by brum spew.

Having looked through the last few pages of the thread I'd say you've got the Kennett signing spot on.

He was more than decent at home and at no.1 for Rye but he has been very poor away. Riding as a second string and at a track he seems to like a lot he should score at least as well as he did at Rye but as you said he has been poor away.

I think just by being a second string and riding in heat 8 or 14 will probably see his away average go up by a couple of points but if it doesn't then you sort of expected that anyway.

Exactly....Kennett is NOT going to ride at no.1 for Poole, he is going to ride at 3 or 4. Kurtz will be no.1 and Andersen will still ride at no.5...So could be a good signing to give Poole more strength in depth rather than top heavy. Edited by Scottyfan
  • Like 1

Exactly....Kennett is NOT going to ride at no.1 for Poole, he is going to ride at 3 or 4. Kurtz will be no.1 and Andersen will still ride at no.5...So could be a good signing to give Poole more strength in depth rather than top heavy.

Probably ride at 4.

If EK starts scoring on the road then it will turn out to be a very good move.

Will be good for 8-10 points at home every week riding as a second string. Just needs to improve a lot on the road.

Indeed you didn't say it but brum said you did so either accept it or be prepared for yet another thread to be dominated by brum spew.

The usual suspect attacking as per usual.

The usual suspect attacking as per usual.

Tbh you put words into people's mouths on a daily basis.

I said

'IF EK STARTS SCORING ON THE ROAD'

And

'JUST NEEDS TO IMPROVE A LOT ON THE ROAD'

Not one of the top names that was being mentioned a lot.......Shows how hard it is to get them to ride here.Should up his average a bit from 6.82 at 4.

Holders ave is 7.16 should illness/injury occur,and Lynn sack him.Just saying :lol:

Maybe I think to much :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Probably ride at 4.

Really? He's said he's riding at 3. When is Brady back? If he's not back for the next meeting, be interesting to see who they stick at 5. Edited by lisa-colette

His away average was just over 3. Abysmal for any number one.

Why do you think Rye sacked him?

What makes you think he will suddenly start scoring well for Poole away???

There is probably more hope of KK getting a maximum at Monmore than Eddie starting to pile in the points away.

You said if he scores well away you will be okay. Signs so far this year is he won't.

He is a better option at home than the useless Pole that's true.

Tbh you put words into people's mouths on a daily basis.

I said

'IF EK STARTS SCORING ON THE ROAD'

And

'JUST NEEDS TO IMPROVE A LOT ON THE ROAD'

I replied to your comment 'if EK starts scoring on the road' with he was sacked for not doing so for Rye House.

No words have been put in anyone's mouth. It's a reply and an opinion.

Don't go there with telling me what I do and don't say please, polite request.

The other comment you highlighted was to the other poster.

Really? He's said he's riding at 3. When is Brady back? If he's not back for the next meeting, be interesting to see who they stick at 5.

vs. Somerset

1. H. Andersen

2. T. Lahti

3. E. Kennett

4. R. Worrall

5. J. Holder

6. P. Starke

7. J. Shanes

After that

1. B. Kurtz

2. T. Lahti

3. E. Kennett

4. J. Holder

5. H. Andersen

6. P. Starke

7. J. Shanes

So here is what I know from a sponsor of Poole!

Kildermand was the first choice and was close to signing and getting rid of one of his 3 leagues but the club said he can't.

There could be two more changes coming. Sundstrom and Scepaniak coming in.

Would Imagine Lahti and Starke! Now there is space!

Kildermand was the first choice and was close to signing and getting rid of one of his 3 leagues but the club said he can't.

And who would your 2 NL products be?

If that's right,shows what Matt thinks of his riders.......No one will want to ride for him soon.Treats them like dirt.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

And who would your 2 NL products be?

Kennett must of rode NL at some point in his career.

There is something going on.

Kennett isn't the only change imo.

I cant see MF stopping there.

I think Starke could get replaced.

Edited by Gater1

Kennett must of rode NL at some point in his career.

That's one. Who will be your 2nd? Shanes?