British Speedway Forum

Hey, Starry where have you been?

Toilet.

• Like 2

Blimey, that must have been one big poo!

Yeh have been known for it.. :P

Why is it ignorant to have an opinion that differs from yours? If you ask me you are the ignorant one! :rolleyes:

Fair enough dude. Having seen you spent the last week or so writing CHEATING SCUMBAGS for most your posts connected to Poole, it's pretty clear what you think about us.

I still don't get how being a reserve, which is set by your average, shows a lack of ambition. Bearing in mind that there are plenty of rumours that riders at other clubs don't get paid regularly, you'd suggest Kyle rejects a place in the most successful team of the last decade and move to a club that has smaller crowds, poorer sponsors, with the potential of not getting paid, to highlight how much 'he wants it'?

I'm not calling you ignorant for having a different opinion for what its worth. You're just coming across to me as antagonistic. If you'd care to explain how if Kyle signs for Poole, and Matt Ford signs at least five riders on a higher average than him, it shows a lack of ambition, I'd appreciate it. Whether I agree or not is another matter, but I haven't seen a sensible argument made yet...

• Like 4

Middlo knows a good pub mind

Trouble is riders get attacked there!

Fair enough dude. Having seen you spent the last week or so writing CHEATING SCUMBAGS for most your posts connected to Poole, it's pretty clear what you think about us.

Leave the cretin alone mate, he's made it perfectly clear what side of the fence he sits on, he seems to think people have short memories.. Its being antagonistic that keeps in sane, maybe..

Edited by Starman2006

Well, if the BSPA are setting the league's rules with the main purpose being to prevent Poole having Newman and Ellis at reserve is, to my mind, an incredibly short-sighted strategy. Newman and Ellis have been two of the better success stories of the EDL system (and their success has not been dramatic!), so your suggestion is more about being anti-Poole than pro-British Speedway.

Currently Elite League speedway has numerous critical issues - the race format being the primary one, which has in turn created the issue with riders on false averages. I'd suggest the best way to remedy this situation is to find a race format that doesn't create such a gulf between the reserves and rest of the team with protected heats, and switch to a rider grading system for a season so everyone can achieve more representative averages.

The current format was designed to cater for TWO young British riders ,with limited Elite experience , to develop and hence the reserves were protected from the heat leaders.

Unfortunately, the TWO young British riders at 6 and 7 only lasted for one year and then the likes of Auty and others appeared at reserve,

The present Elite format is now outdated and not fit for purpose and I sincerely hope they get rid of it.

At a minimum, just go back to the present PL / NL format

• Like 3

@KirkyLane - I don't disagree that the current system needs replacing. In fact it is exactly what I called for in other posts on other threads. Scrap the heat format and concept of protected heats. Switch to rider grading for a season as the 2016 EL averages are worthless. Back to averages season after....

• Like 2

Why would they make reserves 4? And if they do, why would they increase the points limit? If reserves are a 3/4 then limit will surely stay at 40.5?And no way shoukd lindback be a 7 next season!

Quite right, on his one and only meeting at Poole, Lindback should be a 5!!!!!

• Like 1

Piece for a couple of days then mr boring breaks ranks... :nono:

What are you on about? I simply said that both Ellis and Newman were good enough to be in the 1-5 and then it was claimed I was either ignorant or a troll - so how do you deduce this to be breaking rank and what rank are you talking about?

Some things never change - here I thought you would be humble given that your team were well stuffed on Wednesday and your subsequent disappearance but clearly I was expecting too much, you are still name calling! I think most people have been restrained in not gloating too much but quite frankly you don't deserve that level of respect because your boys took one helluva beating and were made to look third rate. But the saying about "cheats never prosper" has never been more apt!

I still don't get how being a reserve, which is set by your average, shows a lack of ambition. Bearing in mind that there are plenty of rumours that riders at other clubs don't get paid regularly, you'd suggest Kyle rejects a place in the most successful team of the last decade and move to a club that has smaller crowds, poorer sponsors, with the potential of not getting paid, to highlight how much 'he wants it'?

I'm not calling you ignorant for having a different opinion for what its worth. You're just coming across to me as antagonistic. If you'd care to explain how if Kyle signs for Poole, and Matt Ford signs at least five riders on a higher average than him, it shows a lack of ambition, I'd appreciate it. Whether I agree or not is another matter, but I haven't seen a sensible argument made yet...

No problem - I have never suggested that Kyle lacked ambition. I wasn't even antagonistic in my reply to you and I clearly suggested it was my opinion that they were both better than a reserve berth. A lot will depend on the rules for next year whether either, both or neither will be reserves.

For the record, I was only on a windup about cheating scumbags although it did seem appropriate at the time and since it has been shown to have spectacularly backfired on Poole - there is no point in continuing it (except if paperboy annoys me)!

Leave the cretin alone mate, he's made it perfectly clear what side of the fence he sits on, he seems to think people have short memories.. Its being antagonistic that keeps in sane, maybe..

How dare you - how very dare you! You think it is acceptable to call someone a cretin?

• Like 3