British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

A center green announcer is not allowed to incite, say things that are untrue about the opposition and has to follow quite strict guidelines laid down by the scb. Failure to adhere to the guideline can result in a finand/or suspension. Looks like the guy on the mike either didn't knownor ignored the rules of an announcer.

By the way nice to meet you at Monmore last week.

Maybe he doesn't know the rules as i believe their original announcer left recently.

Disagree. Adams should have used it a race later with Freddie as he had back up in PK. So very likely to be 7-2 or 8-1. But in the end didn't matter too much.

Disagree Lindgren was in a tougher race against Cook and Fricke.

Disagree. Adams should have used it a race later with Freddie as he had back up in PK. So very likely to be 7-2 or 8-1. But in the end didn't matter too much.

Cant agree with that at all.

Tai was hot favourite to beat both Worralls.

Lindgren was up against Cook who was still on a high after beating Woffinden, and a dangerous opponent in Fricke

As it panned out Heat 10 would have scored more points but that's hindsight.

I would say the huge majority would have given the tac ride to the World Champion against a reserve and a rider who was reserve.

Good to see the sportsmanship after the race form Tai as well making a point of shaking both their hands

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

The tac ride situation was perfectly fair. Belle Vue used one, Wolves used one. How much fairer do you want it?

For the playoffs it would be better if there were no tacs, they aren't needed... but your idea here is just, well it's the kind of gibberish that make promoters ignore fans suggestions.

Exactly this. I assume what hyderd is suggesting would be "fairer" is if ability to use the tr was based on aggregate score. Which of course would be unfair on the team riding at home in the first leg.

Aces fan, but nothing at all unfair with the ts last night.

In fact one of my favourite memories is the 83 premiership. Awat to Cradley aces went behind early, but use if ts helped them turn it into a 6 point victory.

In the home leg aces again trailed early, and despite tac sub rides for mortgage (15 point max) and pc aces went into the last heat 8 down on the night and 2 down on aggregate. Cue Larry Ross tac sub and he and pc got a 5-1 over gundersen and king (?) to secure the trophy. Now that was "unfair" use of tac sub - I don't recall a single complaint amongst the aces fans though!

• Like 1

Yet here we are the morning after a meeting that showed that when it's done right, speedway is the greatest, most exciting, most exhilarating sport in the world and the thread is STILL full of people whinging.

If you can find faults with last night, speedway isn't for you. Time to stop pretending to be a fan and go find something else to do with your time.

Amen to that. Most Speedwáy meetings are pretty good, even the "average" ones. The thing is that likes most things in life, if you go with the intention of enjoying if you probably will, and if you go with the intention of finding fault with it you probabably will also. Unfortunately we have the same ones on here- and we all know who they are - waiting with their tedious "track was crap" comments almost before the meeting starts. As you say, better some should clear off and find something better to do with their time.

As I said last night, Sky do what they always do, pander to the professionally offended.

It's me and my fellow subscribers who put the money in to make it happen, without us Sky haven't got a business.

Without the advertisers they haven't got a business either. Professionally offended they may but the one who pays the piper calls the tune.

• Like 1

This is a common mistake people make.. and sometimes Pearson and Tatum don't help.

It makes NO difference what the partner does to the success of a tac. 6-3 and a 5-1, no different to a 3-3 and 8-1.

Was just about to say exactly the same. The only target for the T/R is for that one rider to win the race and get double 3. The other rider is only scoring single points so yes, an 8-1 would be nice but as long as your T/R gets 6 points you have achieved the maximum available. No issue with T/R over these 2 legs but I would also prefer there to be no T/R at all in 2 legged meetings.

Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 1

At least Tai can get a job as a spy when he hangs up his kevlars. If he can pick out one or two knob heads allegedly giving him grief about his Dad whilst on a motorbike with a helmet on and a few thousand fans shouting "who r yer" at the top of their voices then he could pick out vital secrets in various locations around the world.

The only thing that would stop him is if it's all BS from the ringers apologists.

Hope you enjoyed the meeting last night Ouch.

A friend of mine couldn't make it because of his daughter's 18th and he was gutted.

Terrible to have missed such an amazing meeting.

Imagine not being able to attend such a big event.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Amen to that. Most Speedwáy meetings are pretty good, even the "average" ones. The thing is that likes most things in life, if you go with the intention of enjoying if you probably will, and if you go with the intention of finding fault with it you probabably will also. Unfortunately we have the same ones on here- and we all know who they are - waiting with their tedious "track was crap" comments almost before the meeting starts. As you say, better some should clear off and find something better to do with their time.

Without the advertisers they haven't got a business either. Professionally offended they may but the one who pays the piper calls the tune.

No subscribers, no one to watch the adverts :D

My god there's some drips on here!

Firstly, it was a top meeting on a superb racetrack and Belle Vue gave it a fair crack when others would have given up after the first leg; so credit to all the riders for putting on a show.

As far as Cook's reaction in heat 13 goes, it was understandable; he was fired up and from his point of view it would have felt like Lindgren chopped him, so I've no problem with him showing some emotion. I will add that as much as I think Lindgren is a dangerous twonk, I though the move was a fair one.

Cook had the piss taken out of him for his interview after by some dicks. For me, what we saw was someone who really cared and was genuinely hurting after losing; that's the kind of bloke I want in my team any day of the week.

As for the Tai stuff, once again it's the usual plumsacks who are wading into him, purely driven by their dislike of him. If a certain Dane does it, he's one of the sports characters who are sadly disappearing; if Tai does it, he's a disgrace blah, blah, blah, whinge, moan. Friends of mine were there last night, Belle Vue fans as it happens and they told me that it wasn't how some would have you believe. He wasn't just being booed, he was getting all kinds of verbal and hand gestures given to him by men and women, several with kids in tow. It was then he gave some back, he didn't instigate it. Should he have given it back? Too farken right he should!

All this old swill about role models; your role models are your parents, you shouldn't be relying on sportsman to be your kids role models, teach them right from wrong yourselves and if you're gonna stand there in front of your kids, giving the w**ker signs, calling him a c**t etc then your the ones responsible for how they conduct themselves. Tai stood up to them and so he should. Farken holier than thou's giving it the biggun and then squealing about it when they get it back. Morons.

top sports men/women should be able to rise above the insults etc etc, if what you are saying happened at a big derby football match, all hell would break loose.

Tai got his say by winning heat 14 thereby gaining the points needed to win the title, the rest made him no better than the plonkers who insulted him.

The booing was and is part and parcel of sporting atmosphere,insults are not.

• Like 1

Cracking occasion though. But is it worth devaluing all that has gone before?

You say the play offs devalue all that has gone before it? I see it that fans who don't grasp the concept over value all that went before it!

top sports men/women should be able to rise above the insults etc etc, if what you are saying happened at a big derby football match, all hell would break loose.

Tai got his say by winning heat 14 thereby gaining the points needed to win the title, the rest made him no better than the plonkers who insulted him.

The booing was and is part and parcel of sporting atmosphere,insults are not.

I thought your tac ride post was bad enough..

So you're claiming that in a football match, a player who a team has been giving stick to in a pitch scores, they've never done anything in front of the opposing fans? It's happened many times!

All you are showing here is you like to give it out, but you can't take a bit of fun back.

Someone mentioned Nicki Pedersen earlier and you would never see him reacting... absolute rubbish.. he's wound up the Wolves fans many times after winning races,

You would never have coped with a Wolves/Cradley meeting either.

Edited by BWitcher

Hope you enjoyed the meeting last night Ouch.

A friend of mine couldn't make it because of his daughter's 18th and he was gutted.

Terrible to have missed such an amazing meeting.

Imagine not being able to attend such a big event.

Especially if you couldn't attend because you were banned from the stadium.

Neverseenthatbefor.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 3

Belle Vue would have finished top on points difference even if the ringer had been in the side the night we beat them.

Ringer: "An athlete or horse fraudulently substituted for another in a competition or event."

I think the word you were actually looking for was "replacement".

• Like 1