British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

IF that's true then yes that is way over the top. But I was booing Woffy. We got to him. It gave my club an advantage.

Fair enough.

Nicki Pedersen always thrived on being booed at Wolves. One year some Monmore fans cheered him to the echo during the introductions in the (as it turned out forlorn) hope of destabilising him psychologically. Worth a shot!

Steve if he heard any comment re his dad i think he would have stated so on facebook dont you.

I'm not sure. Maybe he doesn't want to make the issue personal and is happy that booing is enough to make his comment.

Are you honestly saying that pre racing and post racing when Tai is on the track with his helmet off that he WOULDN'T hear people shouting comments at him? I have no doubt he heard something that upset him hence the social media comment.

There is no defending such comments either.

Fair enough.

Nicki Pedersen always thrived on being booed at Wolves. One year some Monmore fans cheered him to the echo during the introductions in the (as it turned out forlorn) hope of destabilising him psychologically. Worth a shot!

And Nicki would also give it back to Wolves fans as well after race wins.

It's amusing me how Belle Vue fans think they 'got to Tai'. Giving themselves too much credit there I think. If anything as you mention here with Nicki, they simply helped to fire up the whole Wolves team even more.

I'm not sure. Maybe he doesn't want to make the issue personal and is happy that booing is enough to make his comment.

Are you honestly saying that pre racing and post racing when Tai is on the track with his helmet off that he WOULDN'T hear people shouting comments at him? I have no doubt he heard something that upset him hence the social media comment.

So far as I can see there's only one person who has reported actually hearing comments about his father and they were in the South Stand so I can't see how Woffinden could possibly have heard them. I understand your desire to defend him but I think you are now clutching at straws.

Most mature sportsman are sufficiently professional not to respond in the way Woffinden did on the night. However, I can understand that keeping your cool in the heat of the meeting is difficult and can forgive the hand gestures, although that was what exacerbated the situation. However, it is totally unacceptable for someone in his position to call fans scum the following day.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

Didn't think there was much wrong with Freddie's move in the gp.

Neither did I,Tai is just trying to keep himself in the limelight with all these new riders coming through and spoiling his party.His comments on TV and social media just show up his intellect .

And Nicki would also give it back to Wolves fans as well after race wins.

It's amusing me how Belle Vue fans think they 'got to Tai'. Giving themselves too much credit there I think. If anything as you mention here with Nicki, they simply helped to fire up the whole Wolves team even more.

A LOT of people were expecting him to go through the card unbeaten after what he did at our place at the WTC. He got 5-1'd comfortably and then got beat by a reserve on his T/R! Something wasn't quite right with him. Judging by his comments when interviewed in the pits we did get to him. More interested in talking about people booing him than the races!

We can only deal with what he actually said, or posted, the quote you posted stated fans were scum for booing him. Only one poster on here has said they actually heard anything specific and they said it was about his dad, if true that is unforgivable but other than that it's just booing and chanting who are ya.

Plenty have said how the crowd helped to ramp up the already tense atmosphere, surely that is a positive, booing comes with the territory if you want an atmosphere. I dread to think what would have happened if he'd slid off in his tac ride, Aces fans would be accused of cheering a fallen rider blah blah blah.

So, one person has said they heard abuse mentioning Rob and we all latch on to that, fair enough.

It was a fantastic final and it's a shame this thread has ended up with backbiting about something someone random happened to hear.

• Like 1

So far as I can see there's only one person who has reported actually hearing comments about his father and they were in the South Stand so I can't see how Woffinden could possibly have heard them. I understand your desire to defend him but I think you are now clutching at straws.

Most mature sportsman are sufficiently professional not to respond in the way Woffinden did on the night. However, I can understand that keeping your cool in the heat of the meeting is difficult and can forgive the hand gestures, although that was what exacerbated the situation. However, it is totally unacceptable for someone in his position to call fans scum the following day.

Sorry no clutching at straws.

I would defend any rider being 'attacked' in such a personal way.

I have seen many riders giving the other sides fans verbal and hand gestures as it's the fan school gave created it in the first place!

Tai like most riders are human. You drive a rider by barracking him to lose his cool you get what you deserve IMHO. Defend it all you want.

If Tai chooses to see fans who boo him as scum then that is his perogative. Whether that is right or wrong is part of the reason why this discussion is on going I guess!

A LOT of people were expecting him to go through the card unbeaten after what he did at our place at the WTC. He got 5-1'd comfortably and then got beat by a reserve on his T/R! Something wasn't quite right with him. Judging by his comments when interviewed in the pits we did get to him. More interested in talking about people booing him than the races!

Completely incorrect.

He didn't mention any booing until Chris Louis brought it up and questioned him directly about it.

I don't think you will find any Wolves fan expecting him to go through the card. At that track, if you have the right setup, almost any rider can beat another. Its far more engine orientated than skill. That's not a criticism, it provides fantastic entertainment.

When the chips were down, Woffinden clinched the title so any battle was won by him.

There really is nothing to defend on either side here (bar unsavoury personal insults). Belle Vue game him some stick, Woffy answered back. It made for a brilliant atmosphere. Woffinden fired of some comments on Social Media, so what? Just makes it all the better for if and when he races there next.

As said earlier in the thread.. something that is GREAT for the sport and fans just moan.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

........stevebrum............bit like the classy comments from the aces fans about his dad. Tasteless.

You say 'Aces fans' but how do you know it wasn't just one? Hardly likely to have been heard by Tai anyway as I'm sure with his big mouth he would have said something during one of his interviews. I can't see anything wrong with a bit of 'Who are ya?' chanting, which I could hear on YouTube when watching the match later. It all seemed to add to the atmosphere.

• Like 1

I'm amazed at the ammount of importance posters are directing to Woffy and his comments/behaviour. Bearing in mind there was so much excitement from this wonderful meeting to even bother what one person said or did.

I don't think anything should be allowed to reflect an unsavoury nature from this wonderful match. I didn't see Lindgren or Zagar have any problems and had Niels or Holder been riding, they won't have had any problems either. Whatever issues Woffy may have had were all self inflicted....

I'm amazed at the ammount of importance posters are directing to Woffy and his comments/behaviour. Bearing in mind there was so much excitement from this wonderful meeting to even bother what one person said or did.

I don't think anything should be allowed to reflect an unsavoury nature from this wonderful match. I didn't see Lindgren or Zagar have any problems and had Niels or Holder been riding, they won't have had any problems either. Whatever issues Woffy may have had were all self inflicted....

Just to keep the pot boiling eh :t:

You started well, then made a ridiculous comment at the end.

Woffinden simply turned up to race and the Belle Vue fans, incited by their promotion, set upon him. As many, many riders have done over the years, he gave them stick back when he won. All part of a brilliant meeting.

Regarding Woffinden's later comments.. again, where is the problem? Is it going to stop someone from attending a meeting? Seriously? Next year if Woffinden comes to ride at Belle Vue again at Wolves are folk going to think... "I'm not going he called us scum"... or are you going to be thinking "I can't wait for tonight to beat that ........"

I think the majority would be the latter... and that's great for the sport.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

You started well, then made a ridiculous comment at the end.

What did I say about how you come across the other day.. patronising, another fine example. Just because you don't agree with GWR comment's about Woffy does not make the comments ridiculous.

Only if BV and Wolves meet in the playoffs eh BWitcher? ;) Don't think any incitement from the BV promotion was required if I'm being honest with you...

Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 1