British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

No. As it got worse then, track changed or just not being prepared? Only been 4 or 5 times in person, but always enjoyed and those seen on Sky been good too. But to be fair not seen much there over last year or so.

I always think they put too much dirt on Lynn. Always great big clods of earth flying into the crowd!

Sophie blake to Adams, "do you feel vilified the changes came off?'

Lol.

The second leg was so much better than the first. A proper speedway track where racers can race, and the result of a heat is not over until the final bend.

Several top notch heats with plenty of hard racing. Not one single fall all night which is unusual.

The good.

Great racing.

PK rolling back the years to end on a high.

Cooks passion.

A huge crowd.

BV keeping in it longer than most thought.

The bad.

Woffinden. Again. Will he ever learn?

• Like 1

Cannot see anything wrong with what Woffinden did made the Belle Vu e fans look silly by booing him.

Well done to Wolverhampton worthy winners.

PK made the difference tonight, well done to him on a great career

• Like 2

Congratulations to Wolverhampton on winning the Elite League Championship over two legs. Some fantastic racing especially tonight, I feel for Belle Vue but Wolves responded well on a track much different to Monmore. I agree it’s good to see and hear banter from the terraces, but some of the Belle Vue fans were unnecessarily targeting Woffinden all night, I don’t know why, I don’t blame him for responding in giving some back. Well done to PK a brilliant rider over the years for wolves, a fitting end to his career in the UK. I look forward to 2017.

• Like 2

Thought the racing would've been slighter better tonight but the damage was done Monday. The Worrall's and Fricke could've won that for Belle Vue tonight but just not consistent enough. Don't think many people expected too much from Nicholls. He's sure to move on next season now. Poole anyone? Lindgren's move down a straight wasn't great, think Cook was within his rights to have a go. Wish sky would've had the bottle to show the aftermath. Deserved victory for Wolves though, shame Woffinden doesn't help himself with his antics. He's really not a very good role model, needs to learn to be the bigger man at times and set an example. His fall from grace in a few years will be enjoyed by many. Well done Wolves.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Wolverhampton on winning the Elite League Championship over two legs. Some fantastic racing especially tonight, I feel for Belle Vue but Wolves responded well on a track much different to Monmore. I agree its good to see and hear banter from the terraces, but some of the Belle Vue fans were unnecessarily targeting Woffinden all night, I dont know why, I dont blame him for responding in giving some back. Well done to PK a brilliant rider over the years for wolves, a fitting end to his career in the UK. I look forward to 2017.

From what ive heard, some of the fans in the stadium havent exactly covered themselves in glory tonight

Congratulations to Wolverhampton on winning the Elite League Championship over two legs. Some fantastic racing especially tonight, I feel for Belle Vue but Wolves responded well on a track much different to Monmore. I agree it’s good to see and hear banter from the terraces, but some of the Belle Vue fans were unnecessarily targeting Woffinden all night, I don’t know why, I don’t blame him for responding in giving some back. Well done to PK a brilliant rider over the years for wolves, a fitting end to his career in the UK. I look forward to 2017.

Has PK officially announced his retirement ?

What a speedway meeting between two big name speedway clubs! Best final for the neutral in years with some old school passion creeping in from fans and riders alike (anyone remember Ian Thomas being "assaulted by Scott Nicholls"!). Congratulations Wolves and commiserations to the Aces, little consolation but made a go of it and for the most part did the sport proud. Just left themselves too much to do. Not sure why the Woffy bating but seemed to bother him and although you don't want to see it go too far, would rather see passionate fans than just sitting quietly.

Edited by JamieE

Great to see the passion of all, belle vue fans chanting who are ya at woffy, woffy having a strop at the fans. Cook having a moment! Brilliant stuff. Not quite on the level of heathen fans giving egon muller the nazi salute at Hyde road back in the day but we don't want to return to that do we. Yes it really did happen

• Like 1

Awesome night's entertainment. Heat 13 was out of this world.

Karlsson a legend.

I would bite your hand of to have Cook in my team. 100% +

Lemon a genuine good guy who has taken a far from perfect team to the top of the table and second place in an immensly difficult season.

Droll Adams good value for money as ever.

Tai? Ach he's a great rider and if he's back next year the fans know how to rile him. :rofl:

Surely Nicholls heading to a small track next season. No faulting his effort but it just isn't suiting him.

Karlsson Karlsson Karlsson.

Just an amazing night, all in. Hopefully some newbies watched that. What a sport, what an atmosphere, what a spectacle.

• Like 2

Sophie blake to Adams, "do you feel vilified the changes came off?'

Lol.

The second leg was so much better than the first. A proper speedway track where racers can race, and the result of a heat is not over until the final bend.

Several top notch heats with plenty of hard racing. Not one single fall all night which is unusual.

The good.

Great racing.

PK rolling back the years to end on a high.

Cooks passion.

A huge crowd.

BV keeping in it longer than most thought.

The bad.

Woffinden. Again. Will he ever learn?

Is this really the world champion? What moronic behaviour .....again!

There is definitely something about Tai which is unlike able

A dummy has just been found in the pits at Belle Vue.....has the initials C.C. on it..unfortunately it was found in a pool of boiled pee

Edited by Boffy
  • Like 3