British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Such a shame for belle vue, I agree that a trophy/shield for topping the table should be introduced. Although no rules were broken I do think it must be hard to take for belle vue, old fashioned in that the table toppers are champions in my view. Bringing in a world champion as a second string was genius but not on the rider they dumped.

Great meeting though and much better racing than Monday..

This always means one thing though after the play off final.......

Winter

• Like 1

What a brilliant meeting for the neutral like me. I'm a huge fan of the Belle Vue track, IMO the best in the Elite League. But this meeting, like so many at the NSS this season, has shown everything that can be good about speedway. A big crowd in excellent facilities, a great track providing fast, exciting racing. Heat 13 was as good as you will see anywhere. But there were so many sub-plots throughout the meeting.

Zagar and Cook beating Woffinden for a 5-1

Richie Worrall beating Woffinden when the World Champion was in the black and white helmet

Wolverhampton pinching 3-3's in heats 11 and 12 when Belle Vue were expected to get heat advantages

For me Peter Karlsson was the star of the show, closely followed by Fredrik Lindgren and Joe Jacobs. But Belle Vue lost it on Monday night.

I've said it each year since the playoffs were introduced, I would like to see the team who finishes top of the league rewarded in some way. Perhaps name a Shield after a worthy name from the history of British speedway (the same goes for the Premier and National leagues)? But I admit to being a fan of the playoffs.

Just my opinion as well, but I didn't see anything to get excited about with either the Lindgren / Cook coming together (it's the Grand Final, I expect hard riding and it was a little bit of handbags) or the Belle Vue fans giving stick to Woffinden and his response in the interview. For me it added to the atmosphere on the night. I just think we all get a bit too sensitive at times.

I also thought Craig Cook gave a brilliant interview straight after heat 15 when he was obviously disappointed. He did exactly the same after the last two British finals. I've got a lot of respect for him after that.

• Like 5

A dummy has just been found in the pits at Belle Vue.....has the initials C.C. on it..unfortunately it was found in a pool of boiled piss

It's the normal reaction of folks in all walks of life when they realise there's a bigger dog. I like Cookie and his passion for his team is laudable but there are times when you need to realise your place in the grand scheme of things. It ain't no disgrace to admit others might be operating at a higher level than you.

• Like 1

Great season for the famous Aces , managed finishing top of the league without drafting a world champion in . The sight of that tatooed idiot wheeling around the NSS will leave a sour taste all close season , . But we'll be back next March , or in Woofendens case ._._._September ,

• Like 3

There was good racing from all tonight. Unfortunately, Belle Vue left themselves with far too much to do after the 1st leg.

From a neutrals point of view, it was good to see Peter Karlsson role back the years and show somes glimpses of what a great rider he was in his prime, with his points proving vital in the end result. He can now retire from British speedway on a high.

Thanks for the memories PK.

Great season for the famous Aces , managed finishing top of the league without drafting a world champion in . The sight of that tatooed idiot wheeling around the NSS will leave a sour taste all close season , . But we'll be back next March , or in Woofendens case ._._._September ,

Your tears are delicious

The Good, no the Best..

What can I say.... What a brilliant night of racing, hard, brutal at times, but fair.......... If racing was as good as that all season, everywhere in the UK, then British Speedway wouldn't be in the mess it's in....

The Bad, no, awful..

Tai Woffinden in live interview, calling Belle Vue fans, not once, but twice "IDIOTS"!!!!!!!!

I cannot ever remember any sports person, ever, ever, saying anything like that on a TV/Radio interview..

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour, from an absolute IDIOT!!!

Bet that gets edited out of the reruns!!

• Like 2

Belle Vue press release december 2016. 'Matej Zagar will not be returning to Belle Vue in 2017. we have achieved a major coup and can now confirm he will be replaced by Tai Woffinden'.

He can be an annoying git but get real, you'd have him and his points in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

Woffinden's & Cook's antics tonight are what Speedway today misses quite often.

Playing up to the crowd and a little argy bargy adds to the spectacle.

Some absolutely sensational racing, Peter Karlsson's smile when mentioning the race track said it all for me.

He was right, "it's one of the best" "a proper Speedway track".

Utterly brilliant (I'm still buzzing and the result meant nothing to me)

Commiserations to Belle Vue

Congratulations to Wolverhampton

m1267.gifm1267.gifm1267.gif

• Like 8

Your tears are delicious

No tears , just the realisation that speedway in this country is truly ******* , and regarding your comments about Cook . perhaps hes not to keen being ridden into the fence by someone whos old enough to know better

• Like 1

No tears , just the realisation that speedway in this country is truly ******* , and regarding your comments about Cook . perhaps hes not to keen being ridden into the fence by someone whos old enough to know better

Lindgren has been doing that all season and not just in league racing. He's becoming a very dirty rider in his old age.
  • Like 3

On a slight tangent, once again tonight Sky apologised for ' strong language' when no one swore.

Interview with Richie Worrall....they must just assume people swear as he didn't.

If anything it draws attention to it so its counter productive...but when there IS no swearing its plain daft

• Like 2