British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

he also said he saw it coming 5 seconds before , so why didn't he cut back ? Also watching it back Freddie doesn't go that close to woffinden and even if he did it's the world championship and he is there to win , not make friends or help out a fellow rider which is something woffinden seems to expect , I notice woffy not saying a word to holder when he closes the door to him on the back straight when they met

It's one thing blocking a rider by riding out to the fence forcing the rider BEHIND to shut off or slow, it's totally different when 3 riders are racing neck and neck and one of them (Lindgren) put Cookie in a sandwich between Lindgren and Zagar. There is a fine line between too tough and fair riding, Freddie overstepped it last night.

• Like 1

There is more to being a champion than just winning titles in my view.

I felt the same about Nicki Pedersen.

It's a shame as I really want to like Tai but it's becoming all too common a theme these days.

He needs to grow up and man up.

• Like 2

Disagree wholeheartedly (in response to phillipsr).

Edited by Ace no.5

AMUSING moment at BV last night ... was chatting to hero Alan Wilkinson in the Peter Craven suite before the meeting, along with Dave Morton who had turned away and was looking out across the track.

Along came Chris Morton, who said: "Have you seen Mort?"

"I'm looking at him I replied somewhat incredulously."

"No, Mort, my brother."

Me: "He's about three feet away."

Chris: "Mort (to his brother) have you got that ticket I gave you?"

Dave: "Mort (to his brother), do you want it back?"

Chris: "Yes please Mort."

Dave: "Okay Mort."

By now my head was spinning.

As Mort (Chris) was walking away Mort (Dave) said: "Great, he's gives me a ticket then takes it away.

Wilkie and I were laughing. What a star Wilkie remains. Still doesn't mince his wards.

"Matej Zagar, I'd give him a kick up his ****

He was a giant when he rode for Belle Vue and remains so today.

• Like 6

But they were idiots?

As far as I was concerned they were too and I'd say he had a right to say it as well.

Woffinden did nothing before some in the grandstand started on him other than turn up. They then barracked him throughout the meeting whenever he was on track, totally unnecessarily.

What precisely had he done to deserve that ?

As I have said, I don't like riders taunting the crowd but when they have been at one for the entire meeting its very hard to be critical if he gives it back.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

Its funny to me how a fair number of people criticizing Tai are the same ones who backed Darcy Ward whi has always been a complete d**k

He did on Instagram! Not a great choice of words there at all

Tai is definitely worse.

Disagree wholeheartedly (in response to phillipsr).

Which point?

Tai is definitely worse.

Haha not even close!! Has he turned up p*****d yet? Has he rode away from police whilst stoned yet? Has he criticized a rider who helped to raise money for him yet?

• Like 2

Brilliant night of Speedway, it had everything that is great about our sport, including controversy. I want to congratulate Wolves on a good well earned victory, I personally am not surprised as I did say at the beginning of the season when we were all making our predictions that Wolves were the dark horses.

I also want to say how proud I am of our 1-7 for giving us a great season and finishing top of the table at the end, however Wolves were a tad to good in the P/Off final.

For next season if we are to have the B/W Tac ride again then let's hope they (BSPA) have the balls to make it fair. The P/Off's are aggregate score matches and when Wolves played it in heat 9 they were still in front 73-65.

• Like 1

There is more to being a champion than just winning titles in my view.

I felt the same about Nicki Pedersen.

It's a shame as I really want to like Tai but it's becoming all too common a theme these days.

He needs to grow up and man up.

After heat 9 (in which he had blown a tactical ride which could have cost Wolves dear) he made a point of shaking the hands of Richie and Steve Worrall.

It showed how sporting he can be when he's not being abused for no reason whatsoever.

A team that would throw its dummy out after being ultimately not good enough...

The pinnacle of hypocrisy is praising Cook for his ''passion'' whilst having a go at Woffinden who wasn't squaring up to other riders and trying to headbutt them with a helmet on!

Tai's words on Facebook... "We killed it last night soon shut up all that scum that was booing me all night". Stay classy.

He is like the worst role model ever! Can not handle getting booed that is Nicki is more of a man, at least Nicki embraces it!

As far as I was concerned they were too and I'd say he had a right to say it as well.

Woffinden did nothing before some in the grandstand started on him other than turn up. They then barracked him throughout the meeting whenever he was on track, totally unnecessarily.

What precisely had he done to deserve that ?

As I have said, I don't like riders taunting the crowd but when they have been at one for the entire meeting its very hard to be critical if he gives it back.

It made the atmosphere electric, I happen to be a big fan of the Tai, and love watching him race however a bit of crowd banter is good for the sport and sport's personalities should take it (most do) as part and parcel of being one of the top sports stars.

• Like 3

Tai is definitely worse.

I'm sorry but that certainly isn't the case. Tai hasn't turned up over the limit intending to ride. That's pretty much the lowest it can get for me. Darcy did similar hand gestures at Brandon in 2010 anyway!

• Like 1

I'm sorry but that certainly isn't the case. Tai hasn't turned up over the limit intending to ride. That's pretty much the lowest it can get for me. Darcy did similar hand gestures at Brandon in 2010 anyway!

I meant in attitude! 2010 is six years ago, Darcy gradually got better each year regarding growing up, attitude improving. Whereas Tai gets worse!

I meant in attitude! 2010 is six years ago, Darcy gradually got better each year regarding growing up, attitude improving. Whereas Tai gets worse!

and where does criticizing a rider who help raise money for him fit into this new and improved attitude? Darcy certainly hasn't got better even after everything that happened to him which is worse