British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

Fourentee had me worried I'd been had for a second there! haha

I can't lie, that's what I get for not reading previous posts !!

• Like 1

You started well, then made a ridiculous comment at the end.

Woffinden simply turned up to race and the Belle Vue fans, incited by their promotion, set upon him. As many, many riders have done over the years, he gave them stick back when he won. All part of a brilliant meeting.

Regarding Woffinden's later comments.. again, where is the problem? Is it going to stop someone from attending a meeting? Seriously? Next year if Woffinden comes to ride at Belle Vue again at Wolves are folk going to think... "I'm not going he called us scum"... or are you going to be thinking "I can't wait for tonight to beat that ........"

I think the majority would be the latter... and that's great for the sport.

Woffinden the rider is probably as good as any in the world. He is obviously a big draw the sport desperately needs. However his attitude and persona that he portrays, from his many comments and interviews don't do him many favours and the fans perception of him, usually precedes wherever he rides....

His refusal to race here in the UK regularly, his refusing to represent his country in future, his reluctance to ride in the semi-final of the SWC all add up to a dislike of him as a person. I am in no doubt his popularity in recent times has waned, and if you took off those black and gold tints you would see this. To most people representing your country in any form would be an honour, but to Woffy it means nothing.

So when fans behave like they did the other night, it could mean Woffy actually did nothing wrong on the night, but the fans still have their opinion based on what has gone on before.... Woffy reaction just adds fuel to the fire, ... all in good heart mind......

My opinion is not wrong, no more than it is right. it is merely an opinion..........

• Like 8

A LOT of people were expecting him to go through the card unbeaten after what he did at our place at the WTC. He got 5-1'd comfortably and then got beat by a reserve on his T/R! Something wasn't quite right with him. Judging by his comments when interviewed in the pits we did get to him. More interested in talking about people booing him than the races!

He was definately affected by the booing. His interview shows he was upset about if and probably wasn't expecting anyone to give him some stick.

Reckon that's thelast we will see of him........until just beforenext years playoffs. Pity the Wolves rider with an average slightly above Woffindens.

Trouble is Woffinden has turned his back on the EL until it suited him, then told Rosco to stick TeamGB up his jacksie. Does he really still think he is our popular World Champ?

• Like 2

My opinion is not wrong, no more than it is right. it is merely an opinion..........

Based on incorrect information.

If what you give as your reasons had credence he would have had a hostile reception at Kings Lynn and at Poole.

He didn't, no more than any other Wolves rider anyway.

Belle Vue incited their fans for the reaction with their childish complaining pre meeting, followed up by their extremely childish behaviour during the meeting with their announcer playing the violin throughout the entire meeting.

Throw in a deliberate alteration of his average in the program to try and make it look like Wolves were cheating and fuel the fire further.

Many of them were dumb enough to believe it too.

We've all heard promoters whinge on the mic from time to time, but never have I heard 2 hours of constant whinging from a centre green announcer.

It did add to the joy of winning though.

He was definately affected by the booing. His interview shows he was upset about if and probably wasn't expecting anyone to give him some stick.

Reckon that's thelast we will see of him........until just beforenext years playoffs. Pity the Wolves rider with an average slightly above Woffindens.

Trouble is Woffinden has turned his back on the EL until it suited him, then told Rosco to stick TeamGB up his jacksie. Does he really still think he is our popular World Champ?

Now, now Steve, you know jealousy is not a good trait. :D

• Like 1

I like Tai and I was a neutral between BV and Wolves but it leaves a sour taste when clubs can bring in such as Tai and Antonio, just to try and grab the silverwear. I'd prefer it if the four clubs had to stick with the team that got them to the play-offs in the first place (they shouldn't be able to gain from so called injuries and other dubious absences). There's enough nonsense in Speedway already, without having to try and explain this sort of stuff to newcomers.

• Like 4

I like Tai and I was a neutral between BV and Wolves but it leaves a sour taste when clubs can bring in such as Tai and Antonio, just to try and grab the silverwear. I'd prefer it if the four clubs had to stick with the team that got them to the play-offs in the first place (they shouldn't be able to gain from so called injuries and other dubious absences). There's enough nonsense in Speedway already, without having to try and explain this sort of stuff to newcomers.

Tai was brought in before the play-offs and he legitimately replaced a rider on a higher average - absolutely no issue with a team strengthening up in this way. Antonio on the other hand was signed to replace a long-term(?!?!?) injury victim who wasn't a long term injury victim and whose average was manipulated (not by Poole but they benefitted and are therefore complicit) so should never have been allowed!

• Like 1

Tai was brought in before the play-offs and he legitimately replaced a rider on a higher average - absolutely no issue with a team strengthening up in this way. Antonio on the other hand was signed to replace a long-term(?!?!?) injury victim who wasn't a long term injury victim and whose average was manipulated (not by Poole but they benefitted and are therefore complicit) so should never have been allowed!

Lol! I love how you condemn the Poole one but allow the Wolves one.

Based on incorrect information.

If what you give as your reasons had credence he would have had a hostile reception at Kings Lynn and at Poole.

He didn't, no more than any other Wolves rider anyway.

Belle Vue incited their fans for the reaction with their childish complaining pre meeting, followed up by their extremely childish behaviour during the meeting with their announcer playing the violin throughout the entire meeting.

Throw in a deliberate alteration of his average in the program to try and make it look like Wolves were cheating and fuel the fire further.

Many of them were dumb enough to believe it too.

We've all heard promoters whinge on the mic from time to time, but never have I heard 2 hours of constant whinging from a centre green announcer.

It did add to the joy of winning though.

You are a strict opinionated person, one that will not be turned. Very difficult to discuss anything with a person who only sees what he what to see. When Wolves rode against Lynn, or at Poole, you cant assume all the fans think and react the same . I accept at Lynn, Woffy put a few extra bums on seats but he was also subject to a few boos as well. No doubt at Poole it was the same. You seem to forget Tai is no angel, and as the saying goes 'What goes around, comes around'.

You have this opinion that everything the other night was perpetrated just to get at Woffy. Whether you are right or wrong, we'll never know, but I know what was more feasible. .............But nothing will ever change your mind....

• Like 3

As far as I'm concerned neither should have been allowed, don't forget that Tai had declared that he wouldn't be riding in the EL in 2016. I know it was all in the rules (or what passes for rules) but it shouldn't happen again.

• Like 2

All Wolves riders were booed, why did woffy get booed the most, simple answer is he reacted the most.

I didn't hear any bad comments towards tia, but if there was it would have been the odd 1 or 2, unfortunately thats life and all clubs will have those 1 or 2 who cross the line.

The thing is with Tai is that he turned his back on British speedway...didn't ride the British final..turned his back on riding for England...then turned up as a second string purely for the players offs ....fair enough..he's entitled to do all that..but he can't complain if fans give him stick...he surely wouldn't have expected to turn up at Belle Vue and be cheered throughout by the home fans...he should have just laughed it off...after all..he won !

Personally though I think that speedway needs it's villains ..it needs a bit of needle ..it creates an atmosphere that is lacking when it's all too nicey nicey...we don't want a sport full of grinning non entaties at top level.

You started well, then made a ridiculous comment at the end.

Woffinden simply turned up to race and the Belle Vue fans, incited by their promotion, set upon him. As many, many riders have done over the years, he gave them stick back when he won. All part of a brilliant meeting.

Regarding Woffinden's later comments.. again, where is the problem? Is it going to stop someone from attending a meeting? Seriously? Next year if Woffinden comes to ride at Belle Vue again at Wolves are folk going to think... "I'm not going he called us scum"... or are you going to be thinking "I can't wait for tonight to beat that ........"

I think the majority would be the latter... and that's great for the sport.

Personally, I'd say 'idiots' is fine - principally, because they were. 'Scum' crosses a line and he shouldn't have used it.

I also think that blaming the promotion for the fans attitude to Woffinden just doesn't stand up .

While the comments about Wolverhampton's track and Woffinden's second string status were unnecessary, had they not been made he would still have got the equally unnecessary reception that he did.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000000000000000000000000ring is this really still carrying on

• Like 1

Personally, I'd say 'idiots' is fine - principally, because they were. 'Scum' crosses a line and he shouldn't have used it.

I also think that blaming the promotion for the fans attitude to Woffinden just doesn't stand up .

While the comments about Wolverhampton's track and Woffinden's second string status were unnecessary, had they not been made he would still have got the equally unnecessary reception that he did.

Not sure ..people who say things about someone's dead dad are scum ...I think most would agree

• Like 2