British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000000000000000000000000000ring is this really still carrying on

Yep, folk are still talking about one of the best meetings they've attended in years.

You're right, we don't want that.. it's booooorrring.

• Like 1

Yep, folk are still talking about one of the best meetings they've attended in years.

You're right, we don't want that.. it's booooorrring.

I.dont mean the meeting. I mean the tai thing.

I'm sticking up for tai here.

We booed, he finger saluted us, we booed more, bloody brilliant.

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 3

Opinions! Usually influenced by ones own allegiance, it's very natural to lean towards the team you follow. Without doubt so many opinions would differ if they supported the other team. It's human nature.

Entertaining meeting on a great race track - can't beat full throttle Speedway. Wolves deserved play off aggregate winners, BV gave it a go and great send off for PK, a true Gent. Top drawer speedway, as KT would say.

Got to laugh at the announcer was enticing the crowd bit.It was done very much tounge in cheek how anyone can think differently needs to lighten up it was all part of a great speedway meeting.

• Like 1

Have read a good deal of the posts on this thread. I am a bit biased as I am a Cookie fan. Have always admired Freddie Lindgren and have noticed he is riding a bit harder this year in GPs and the league. Hard and calculated move? Yes. Deemed acceptable nowadays? Seems so. Worry about riders safety when machines are so fast.

Tai Woffinden? Admire how talented he is but no time for his petulance or how he conducts himself off the track. Sometimes silence is golden. Do your talking on the track.

• Like 1

Got to laugh at the announcer was enticing the crowd bit.It was done very much tounge in cheek how anyone can think differently needs to lighten up it was all part of a great speedway meeting.

Don't be daft. Of course it wasn't done tongue in cheek. Those were the thoughts of the Belle Vue promotion, as we heard when Gordon took the mic at the end of the meeting... not that there were many Belle Vue fans left at the end.

Just to add, I didn't have a problem with it personally, it simply added to the occasion.

Edited by BWitcher

Have read a good deal of the posts on this thread. I am a bit biased as I am a Cookie fan. Have always admired Freddie Lindgren and have noticed he is riding a bit harder this year in GPs and the league. Hard and calculated move? Yes. Deemed acceptable nowadays? Seems so. Worry about riders safety when machines are so fast.

Tai Woffinden? Admire how talented he is but no time for his petulance or how he conducts himself off the track. Sometimes silence is golden. Do your talking on the track.

It was a hard move from Lindgren but he did get a bit of extra grip that cased him to lift a little and it took him across the track a bit and got closer to Cookie than he meant to IMO .Dont like Tai's attitude but It didn't spoil my nights entertainment.
  • Like 1

Woffindens inclusion in the Wolves team was for one reason only. To strengthen up for the playoffs. No other reason.

Poole had the change forced on them when Andersen badly broke his hand. He attempted to ride again but hasn't ridden since. One change tactical, one an injury replacement. Think its clear one team gained hugely while te other team never covered the injuries suitably

Can anyone help me finish off the BSF crossword?

Hard: 4 down. To munch excessively on sour grapes; To Shovlar (5,5,5)

Easy: 3 chocolate bars...

C_ _ _ P C_ _ _ P C _ _ _ P

• Like 1

I never said Tai shouldn't ride in Britain..after all my brother in law was a rider so I know that speedway is an individual sport masquerading as a team sport and a rider should do what is most beneficial to them ..no problems with that....he should ride for GB though !!!..

But he can't complain that after making those decisions he gets a lot of stick from the crowd..that can't come as a surprise to him surely..

But I was saying that it's good for speedway to have a villain character ..it's been lacking for years ..Tai doesn't have to be popular ..he just has to be a rider that fans want to watch whatever their reason ..and that's got to be good for the sport

I never said Tai shouldn't ride in Britain..after all my brother in law was a rider so I know that speedway is an individual sport masquerading as a team sport and a rider should do what is most beneficial to them ..one problems with that....he should ride for GB though !!!..

But he can't complain that after making those decisions he gets a lot of stick from the crowd..that can't come as a surprise to him surely..

But I was saying that it's good for speedway to have a villain character ..it's been lacking for years ..Tai doesn't have to be popular ..he just has to be a rider that fans want to watch whatever their reason ..and that's got to be good for the sport

Edited by Bruiser McHuge

no one knows what Woffy did or didn't hear. Maybe he was already riled by the excessive booing. Either way he had the last laugh.

Aces fans/Aces fan.does it matter? Comment was despicable, the who are ya comments is going to wind anyone up. However the result is more important, wolves and Woffy won, Aces fans nil. Music to my ears!

that's debatable, hence why it's still being discussed.

He is, the fans at Cardiff proved that and will again next season.

Must try harder.

Just catching up with this meeting.

All this talk about Woffy being unprofessional.

Ht9 Richie Worrall swears when interviewed - very unprofessional.

Ht10 Cook virtually storms across in front of PK on the 4th bend and could have been nasty if he clipped Peter yet behaves like a petulant child when it's done to him. Don't dish it if you can't take it back.

Ht11 the belle Vue team manager swearing in an interview prior to the race. Even worse professional behaviour.

Haven't yet heard any Wolves swearing.

I suggest you go back over the recording of the meeting and then come back and tell me Richie Worrall swore, he didn't, been done to death a couple of days ago.

In fact here you go, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LQCnmTrPRc the interview is @ 1.05 & 50secs and he says "felt like I didn't have any speed". Not one swear word thoughout the whole interview, in fact it was a very cool interview considering he'd just beaten the World Champion.

Might seem trivial but you called him very unprofessional and I don't think that's fair

As for Mark Lemon, before ht11 he said in answer to a question from Chris Louis re the behind closed doors team chat, "Just getting out of the cold Chris, it's bloody freezing". How very unprofessional is that Steve?

Even if anyone did use worse language it would have been understandable in the cauldron atmosphere that had been created by the Belle Vue fans.

Nobody is saying Wolves didn't deserve to win but you seem to be looking for a rise by spouting about winning when there is no argument from any Belle Vue posters, the better team won and that's that, again congratulations to Wolves, especially PK.

Sometimes Steve it's better not to try and defend someone when they are clearly in the wrong. You were the one who quoted Tai's posting calling Belle Vue fans scum, he has since, sensibly, retracted that word yet you still seem to think he can do no wrong. That scum comment has been pretty much the only thing any Aces fans have a beef with, the banter at the track was just banter and enjoyed by all it seems. One poster says they heard a comment about Rob Woffinden while on the back straight terrace, it's almost certain that Tai wouldn't have heard that same comment, so the word scum was unwarranted.

I think we can forget all about the Rob Woffinden insult, it's completely unsubstantiated, which is strange considering the terrace was packed fairly solid. Got to say if I had heard such a derogatory comment as has been suggested I would have sought the perpetrator and had words myself, that goes for whatever team they or I were supporting.

So maybe you should just try and enjoy your victory instead of looking for negatives to throw the way of Belle Vue.

Well done Wolves, worthy winners of the 2016 Play off Final.

• Like 7

Bwitcher if you didn't have a problem with the announcer personally why post he was trying to incite the crowd?He wasn't you would be daft to think he was.

I suggest you go back over the recording of the meeting and then come back and tell me Richie Worrall swore, he didn't, been done to death a couple of days ago.

In fact here you go,

the interview is @ 1.05 & 50secs and he says "felt like I didn't have any speed". Not one swear word thoughout the whole interview, in fact it was a very cool interview considering he'd just beaten the World Champion.

Might seem trivial but you called him very unprofessional and I don't think that's fair

As for Mark Lemon, before ht11 he said in answer to a question from Chris Louis re the behind closed doors team chat, "Just getting out of the cold Chris, it's bloody freezing". How very unprofessional is that Steve?

Even if anyone did use worse language it would have been understandable in the cauldron atmosphere that had been created by the Belle Vue fans.

Nobody is saying Wolves didn't deserve to win but you seem to be looking for a rise by spouting about winning when there is no argument from any Belle Vue posters, the better team won and that's that, again congratulations to Wolves, especially PK.

Sometimes Steve it's better not to try and defend someone when they are clearly in the wrong. You were the one who quoted Tai's posting calling Belle Vue fans scum, he has since, sensibly, retracted that word yet you still seem to think he can do no wrong. That scum comment has been pretty much the only thing any Aces fans have a beef with, the banter at the track was just banter and enjoyed by all it seems. One poster says they heard a comment about Rob Woffinden while on the back straight terrace, it's almost certain that Tai wouldn't have heard that same comment, so the word scum was unwarranted.

I think we can forget all about the Rob Woffinden insult, it's completely unsubstantiated, which is strange considering the terrace was packed fairly solid. Got to say if I had heard such a derogatory comment as has been suggested I would have sought the perpetrator and had words myself, that goes for whatever team they or I were supporting.

So maybe you should just try and enjoy your victory instead of looking for negatives to throw the way of Belle Vue.

Well done Wolves, worthy winners of the 2016 Play off Final.

I've replayed them several times as both times Nigel said apologies for any bad language.

can't tell if Lemon is saying blo*dy or the F word, ditto Worrall.

Discussed to death maybe but no clear evidence to support it wasn't swearing.

I'm not looking for a rise in the slightest, I'm suggesting that in defence of the dreadful comment made (likely by one person) by one fan to Tai and the persistent barracking of him everytime he appeared he to got caught up in the 'cauldron atmosphere' so a little forgiveness all round sounds fair.

All I was ever saying was that Tai had his reasons for the social media comment which wasn't great,nor were comments made from others mentioned either.

Worrall certainly didn't swear and Lemon only said bloody.... just Pearson creating something that wasn't there.

• Like 1

Steve, by editing his Facebook comment Woffinden is admitting he was wrong to use that word so I can't see why you are still trying to defend him.

I've replayed them several times as both times Nigel said apologies for any bad language.

can't tell if Lemon is saying blo*dy or the F word, ditto Worrall.

Discussed to death maybe but no clear evidence to support it wasn't swearing.

I'm not looking for a rise in the slightest, I'm suggesting that in defence of the dreadful comment made (likely by one person) by one fan to Tai and the persistent barracking of him everytime he appeared he to got caught up in the 'cauldron atmosphere' so a little forgiveness all round sounds fair.

All I was ever saying was that Tai had his reasons for the social media comment which wasn't great,nor were comments made from others mentioned either.

You just won't have it will you, stick some earphones on and have a proper listen, I've already told you what Richie Worrall said but you continue to suggest he swore and don't accept you are wrong on this one. Just because Nigel apologised for it doesn't mean it happened.

I can't do more than hand you the evidence on a plate, what other evidence would you need to put you in a position to say you were wrong in calling Richie unprofessional?

I've already forgiven Tai for the scum comment because he's retracted/removed it. You seem to conveniently believe that someone shouted something about his late father yet there is no 'clear evidence' of this, that's having double standards. Do you know of any other sick comments that were made, or are you just relying on hearsay.

I know it's getting heavy going but sometimes these things just get accepted as fact because they are referred to enough times, well I don't think it's fair on Richie or the Belle Vue crowd.

You have the evidence regarding Richie yet can't hear it, you have no evidence whatsoever regarding any sick comments about Rob Woffinden but you choose to believe they were made.

Let's move on then eh, it's clear you won't accept that you were wrong.

• Like 1