British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soupy

Edinburgh 2017

Dropping 2 points off your average and then putting it back on one season later is cheating the paying public so yes for the hard off hearing he was CHEATING the fans

Hmmm clear enough.

Aye, and the rest of speedway is so squeaky clean................ok for oor team tae break the rules and CHEAT the fans though when it suits.

Glad I'm not naieve enough to think that manipulation isnae rife throughout our sport.

Aye, and the rest of speedway is so squeaky clean................ok for oor team tae break the rules and CHEAT the fans though when it suits.

Glad I'm not naieve enough to think that manipulation isnae rife throughout our sport.

Nobody can condone the fateful night at Armadale but in the same token what Wolbert served up was just as bad.

Most jumped on us long and hard and rightly so but im really surprised anyone other than Edinburgh would employ someone who works his own angle to get to were he wanted to be.

As far as our team go or any team for that matter most off us will always stick up for there own even when you know its wrong its called blind loyalty but it is what most off us do.

ragdoll64 i guess it comes down to personal opinion. Kevin was at it,we knew it, he knew it. No teams squeaky clean but we are talking about a individual rider here. I reckon only edinburgh would touch him with a barge pole in the championship after that, Unless it was only points money he was getting then he might try harder.

So are you going to give josh time to develope this time round or just chuck him like you did to Jye?

Etheridge was VERY weak, can't blame Monarch's for dropping him! It's a professional sport, riders are signed to score points!

His performances for Glasgow was an absolute joke and everyone and there granny knew what was going on, for that reason alone on his average manipulation if he never got another team spot again it would be justified in my opinion.

Cheating the paying fans is not the way to endear yourself to potential employers.

well Glasgow did supply his engine that season, so I guess when you give a box of spanners, your not expecting loads of points ??

well Glasgow did supply his engine that season, so I guess when you give a box of spanners, your not expecting loads of points ??

And who told you that but regardless some sort of effort that season wouldnt have been to much to ask but we are well shot off just surprised he still gets a team spot with anyone other than Edinburgh.

Shame on all those who seem to be putting down these lads who rode the Australian championships , these lads are coming 12,000 miles to entertain you so the least you can do is give the boys a chance and it would be nice if the knockers welcomed them instead of ridiculing them, give them some encouragement, the same kind of encouragement I hope all those national league 2 pointers are going to get. If you don't it begs the question why do you go to speedway meetings.

This old chestnut. "Give them a chance". No, how about people prove their worth before being given a chance. Why don't Edinburgh just sign me? People can cry, "just give him a chance" then.

This old chestnut. "Give them a chance". No, how about people prove their worth before being given a chance. Why don't Edinburgh just sign me? People can cry, "just give him a chance" then.

Why they going on about what was, rather than, what is

His engine from the previous season was lying in a shed in West Lothian until the week before Press and Practice such was his lack of preparation for 2014. There were numerous promises from the rider himself about a new engine arriving that went on for several weeks. It never did arrive.

• Like 2

Why they going on about what was, rather than, what is

I honestly don't know , it was ages ago when I wrote that quote , it seems like history now and long gone.

Wrong

• Like 3

Wrong

At a guess they are just looking for a bite and deep down knows he is s*ite.

I also see he describes himself as a racer someone must have told him that and he believes it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

His engine from the previous season was lying in a shed in West Lothian until the week before Press and Practice such was his lack of preparation for 2014. There were numerous promises from the rider himself about a new engine arriving that went on for several weeks. It never did arrive.

Trying to ride a dale engine around the mega city 1 dome hmmmmm.......

Yay - Smiler is now a full asset of Monarchs!

Good stuff.

• Like 1

With announcement that Sam Masters is now an Edinburgh asset, can someone tell me who was he signed from?