British Speedway Forum

Why does he employ him then? Will no one else do it?

Lisa, Matt Ford is very happy with me, and i listen to him and not :icon_smile_clown: s on here..

Lisa, Matt Ford is very happy with me, and i listen to him and not :icon_smile_clown: s on here..

oops here you are again on another teams thread proving what a clown you are yet again. A ten year old could sell speedway stars hardly worthy of bigging yourself up.

oops here you are again on another teams thread proving what a clown you are yet again. A ten year old could sell speedway stars hardly worthy of bigging yourself up.

Oops there you go again making a clown of yourself. No suprise there i suppose..

What bulldozers can (eventually) build, they can also change. If there is more money in turning it into a football, or rugby, or hockey, or athletics stadium, MCC would be fools not to consider the options.

Its a speedway stadium , if not, its the biggest white elephant Manchester City Council have ever ploughed money into

Edited by WestGorton1884

If you listen to Ford,and not to people on here,why the hell do you come on here.

Its a speedway stadium , if not, its the biggest white elephant Manchester City Council have ever ploughed money into

Probably correct, and thats why the BV National Speedway Stadium will be open for business in 2017.

Tomorrow, 3rd Jan, is the first working day in the new year, wheels will start turning, meetings arranged for sooner rather then later, and a news statement issued...... we wait patiently.

I hope an announcement is sooner because as someone said a few posts ago - riders are wanting to know where they will be next year.

• Like 3

Gavan, on 02 Jan 2017 - 6:37 PM, said:

Don't knock it , selling Speedway Stars ... Better hours than being a lollipop man like some of us .

The council own the report and have since placed an embargo on its publication.

Is this not what 'The Freedom of Information Act' was introduced to prevent?

Matt Ford is very happy with me.....

and I know that for a fact as every time he sets sight on me, he laughs his bollox off :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is this not what 'The Freedom of Information Act' was introduced to prevent?:

The report will contain commercially sensitive information that will enable the council to resist an FOI request.

Whether they are justified in doing that is another matter.

If you listen to Ford,and not to people on here,why the hell do you come on here.

For the fun of it.

Just seen Ove Fundin Fan comments about my post. I think you should go to speck savers.My post contained ,seven comers,and six full stops.I did not know i was sitting a exam by posting on a speedway forum ..You pillock.

• Like 4

The report will contain commercially sensitive information that will enable the council to resist an FOI request.

Whether they are justified in doing that is another matter.

Thanks for the explanation.

And lets face it if one Council in the UK make a sport stadium viable it is the Council at Manchester, I am always amazed by the sport arenas in that City whenever I have visited. The Sport City square mile must host more sports than any other city is capable of. My closest 'big city' in Birmingham as the second city pales is a disgrace in comparison. As do the capitals of London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Cardiff & Dublin. Yes I have visited all, none host the sport facilities Manchester do. I am certain that council will make the Aces viable, whether they can make them competitive for the next few years I have my doubts, since they really need a local derby that isn't Wolves/Coventry.

And lets face it if one Council in the UK make a sport stadium viable it is the Council at Manchester, I am always amazed by the sport arenas in that City whenever I have visited. The Sport City square mile must host more sports than any other city is capable of. My closest 'big city' in Birmingham as the second city pales is a disgrace in comparison. As do the capitals of London, Edinburgh, Belfast, Cardiff & Dublin. Yes I have visited all, none host the sport facilities Manchester do. I am certain that council will make the Aces viable, whether they can make them competitive for the next few years I have my doubts, since they really need a local derby that isn't Wolves/Coventry.

A lot to be said about local rivalry, In our best supported years we always had the added fans from nearby by clubs. Ipswich and Peterborough always brought a big following when we race them and likewise we would take impressive numbers when racing away. Leicester could also be added to that group, but because the distance was getting near to 100miles the following wasn't as great...

With all this talk about one league was on-going this year, my thoughts were directed to the rekindling of those wonderful local derbies, all to no avail. But they did generate a lot of local interest.....