British Speedway Forum

I for one am hugely disappointed, I supported Belle vue last season and was very proud of to do so.

I enjoyed my time supporting them Home and Away immensely. I was of the opinion I would be returning

This year. Sadly this will not be case.

R Worrall is a home grown asset and very loyal, per his quote everyone else's phone rang except his.

In the speedway star today it states Mr Lemon and Mr Sedgman were in talks a while ago. So why didn't R Worrall's

Phone ring even to pre warn your services will not be required for 2017 as soon as Mr Lemon knew he was having Mr Sedgman

In his 2017 line up.Thus leaving R Worrall with no ride I am deeply disappointed in the way this come about and seems hugely underhand

R Worrall reminds me of Hovis, "As good today as he's always been" Mr Sedgmen has been there and done it and will not

Progress any further. And Mr Lemon well he's just rather bitter.

• Like 1

I wonder if tsunami's mates will 'refuse to sell tickets for the British Final.............

I can't see that having much effect on the gate. :rofl:

Anyone heard any news yet, big announcement was today I thought

Today - or next Thursday?

I for one am hugely disappointed, I supported Belle vue last season and was very proud of to do so.

I enjoyed my time supporting them Home and Away immensely. I was of the opinion I would be returning

R Worrall is a home grown asset and very loyal, per his quote everyone else's phone rang except his.

In the speedway star today it states Mr Lemon and Mr Sedgman were in talks a while ago. So why didn't R Worrall's

Phone ring even to pre warn your services will not be required for 2017 as soon as Mr Lemon knew he was having Mr Sedgman

In his 2017 line up.Thus leaving R Worrall with no ride I am deeply disappointed in the way this come about and seems hugely underhand

R Worrall reminds me of Hovis, "As good today as he's always been" Mr Sedgmen has been there and done it and will not

"Sedgman will not progress any further " ? , He and Richie are of a similar age aren't they ?,

The only Reason Richie isnt involved in the 2017 Aces line up is that 8.49 average .

BV obviously feel they can build a stronger all round side without RW , hopefully he'll ride for BV some time in the future?

• Like 1

I AM hopeless with the regulations but is there a rule that a Premiership team cannot have more than two riders from a Championship one and BV already have Smith and Bewley who are contracted to Glasgow?

• Like 1

"Sedgman will not progress any further " ? , He and Richie are of a similar age aren't they ?,

The only Reason Richie isnt involved in the 2017 Aces line up is that 8.49 average .

BV obviously feel they can build a stronger all round side without RW , hopefully he'll ride for BV some time in the future?

Sorry but if that is what it comes down to is his average. The least that Mr Lemon could have done was to give

R Worrall a call to say his services weren't required giving him ample time to gain a position elsewhere

It's seems both Mr Lemon and Mr Sedgeman have known the situation for a while.

And No I don't think Mr Sedgeman will progress the same as Grajczonek didn't progress

• Like 1

I AM hopeless with the regulations but is there a rule that a Premiership team cannot have more than two riders from a Championship one and BV already have Smith and Bewley who are contracted to Glasgow?

dont think that rule includes reserves Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

I think the rule is no more than two from the same Championship team so Cook is OK.

Edited by Aces51

I think the rule is no more than two from the same Championship team so Cook is OK.

does anybody understand the rules these days ?

does anybody understand the rules these days ?

I used to but gave up a few years ago. However, Chapman promised that we are going to have a rewritten, unambiguous rule book this year.

• Like 1

I used to but gave up a few years ago. However, Chapman promised that we are going to have a rewritten, unambiguous rule book this year.

Yes and it will be written and re written as the season progresses

Correct, assuming those two are confirmed as Aces which seems to be the common view. Both are better value on their averages than Richie.
  • Like 1

Sorry but if that is what it comes down to is his average. The least that Mr Lemon could have done was to give

R Worrall a call to say his services weren't required giving him ample time to gain a position elsewhere

It's seems both Mr Lemon and Mr Sedgeman have known the situation for a while.

And No I don't think Mr Sedgeman will progress the same as Grajczonek didn't progress

It doesn't matter what Lemon discussed with any rider as we currently have nothing official in place with regards owners or who is responsible for what.

It got a little more concrete recently and that probably prompted Richie's post.

The fact is over the last few months all sorts have been posturing about running Belle Vue. Someone from a failed bid group even contacted Joe Screen about being manager so this demonstrates the level of uncertainty until recently.

• Like 1

Entirely your choice.

But there's no way on this earth that the loss of a rider (any rider) would lead to me to stop going to a track where the quality of the speedway at the end of the season was just superb - I can pay it no finer compliment than to say it was rivalling Scunthorpe.

Adding that to arguably the most exciting young team I have ever seen - the rumoured Colts line up - means that if I have to pick a stadium that I am looking forward to going to this season, its NSS (Isle Of Wight and Scunthorpe are close runners up).

• Like 5

The BSPA all but confirmed Cooke, Fricke & the Worralls will be at Belle Vue next year & blocked every other Premiership team signing them, Sedgeman is surely a bonus?