British Speedway Forum

Am I alone in worrying whether or not Belle Vue will be riding in 2017?

The start of the Season is getting awfully close?

I really am wanting to know what the BSPA input, negative/positive, in this whole affair.

Something still doesnt sit right with me. We have had more info recently and things still dont sound right. More to come, whether it will arrive.

• Like 2

Well if Richie Worrall is saying riders have been contacted and its been printed that justin sedgeman will be riding there also. I'm very sure. much like the leicester situation that everything is fine and it really is just a case of announcing it.

Apart from Richie Worrall himself i hasten to add

Well if Richie Worrall is saying riders have been contacted and its been printed that justin sedgeman will be riding there also. I'm very sure. much like the leicester situation that everything is fine and it really is just a case of announcing it.

Apart from Richie Worrall himself i hasten to add

I sincerely hope that you are right.................................

You can see on the unofficial forum that Aces fans are starting to be even more concerned. The information from the BSPA concerning when news will be forthcoming has proven to be less than accurate and is adding to the overall uncertainty. They need to get their act together, find out when the new owners will be in place or, at the very least, be able to let fans know the reasons for the delay and the likely timetable. Tweets telling us we will run and that we shall have news soon, in a few days, could be tomorrow, are wearing thin.

I don't anticipate problems with assembling a decent team but it is getting very late for a new promotion to organise all of the other issues that need to be in place, season tickets, appointing volunteer and permanent staff, track work after the winter, terracing in the south stand etc. Obviously, it can still all be done but the clock is ticking.

I am still confident we will be up and running but the ongoing delays would make anyone concerned.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

You can see on the unofficial forum that Aces fans are starting to be even more concerned. The information from the BSPA concerning when news will be forthcoming has proven to be less than accurate and is adding to the overall uncertainty. They need to get their act together, find out when the new owners will be in place or, at the very least, be able to let fans know the reasons for the delay and the likely timetable. Tweets telling us we will run and that we shall have news soon, in a few days, could be tomorrow, are wearing thin.

I don't anticipate problems with assembling a decent team but it is getting very late for a new promotion to organise all of the other issues that need to be in place, season tickets, appointing volunteer and permanent staff, track work after the winter, terracing in the south stand etc. Obviously, it can still all be done but the clock is ticking.

I am still confident we will be up and running but the ongoing delays would make anyone concerned.

Well - at least I am not alone.

Thank you Aces51.

Buster was convinced that his preferred consortium, with him exercising control from the shadows, was going to take over at the NSS. This was the reason he ring fenced riders.

MCC thought he was a pikey and refused his bid.

He then spat his dummy out and placed obstacles in front of Pairmans second attempt to take over. He also refused to discuss this bid with MCC by not taking or returning their calls.

He never lifted this gentlemans agreement

though once he knew his bid would fail he tried to sign Cook & Fricke.

The problem for Aces riders was that the wrong people were offering assurances for this coming season.

so is this fact ? I guess there must be a link to a report on what you have posted or is this more made up news ??
  • Like 2

This winter has been horrendous for ACES FANS as well as Coventry and Leicester but I remain perfectly confident that we will be racing.... the waiting for the official announcement has been a continual stop/start over the last few eeeks.

Much like how the forums were saying the Coventry promotion were going to be running Leicester.

Empty vessels making lots of noise and loose lips sinking ships.

Nothing needs to be announced until the inc is dried and lots of people who like to portray importance will no doubt get their opinions in and people will read into them too much. The anticipation must suck. But if the nss has been listed in the major events I think it's all looking positive. Riders spoken too. Additional fixtures and constant reassurances

I guess the the real answer can only come from one source, and that is MCC. If they get upset, they have the power to pull the plug, end of....

Why would the hold up of an announcement from Belle Vue be the fault of the BSPA?

Every other club has to organise there own affairs and get things ready .

Seem to me that it's so easy to point the finger at the association every time a club is in trouble.

Why would the hold up of an announcement from Belle Vue be the fault of the BSPA?

Every other club has to organise there own affairs and get things ready .

Seem to me that it's so easy to point the finger at the association every time a club is in trouble.

At this present time the BSPA Management Committee have responsibility for Belle Vue - that's why.

No they don't, The new Belle Vue owners are waiting from clearance from the Manchester City council to make an announcement with regards to there takeover of the club.

The BSPA took it upon themselves to get involved and so do have a responsibility until the new owners are in place. That is why they have been issuing progress reports, nobody else can do so. It is the BSPA who decide whether the promoters will be licenced.

• Like 1

No they don't, The new Belle Vue owners are waiting from clearance from the Manchester City council to make an announcement with regards to there takeover of the club.

Wrong I'm afraid.

See Aces51 Post above.