British Speedway Forum

could be tough for bewley and Smith on the away tracks but like you say they can only get better as the season progress can't wait

You might be surprised on that one.

Bewley was averaging around the 7.5 mark for Edinburgh in his final couple of months for them in 2016.

In the meeting at Newcastle where he was injured he went round Steve Worrall like he wasn't there - no mean feat considering Worrall was averaging well over 10 at home.

A lot depends on how he comes back from that injury but I wouldn't be surprised if he was out of the reserve berth by the end of the season if he has no after effects.

• Like 1

So now 1 rider to go.

Got to be between fricke and king.

I think king may be the surprise last rider.

Don't count out woffy to. He fits perfectly I think 😂😂😂 wishful thinking I know

Not sure all BV fans would agree after his reception at the playoff final, wishful thinking anyway, I'm sure he wants to concentrate on the grands prix again or he would have been in the Wolves lineup

The Aces are turning into the team to beat.

Well done for putting the team first before loyalty. It proves despite the uncertainty around this season they mean business.

I would take Wolves as the team to beat mate, we should be good for a play off place if its Fricke the last signing I would say alongside Poole and Kings Lynn

Edited by bellevueace

Bewley was averaging around the 7.5 mark for Edinburgh in his final couple of months for them in 2016.

In the meeting at Newcastle where he was injured he went round Steve Worrall like he wasn't there - no mean feat considering Worrall was averaging well over 10 at home.

A lot depends on how he comes back from that injury but I wouldn't be surprised if he was out of the reserve berth by the end of the season if he has no after effects.

Also both will be up against the likes of Ayres, Shanes, Grondal,Wajknecht so these reserve clashes should be vital. Edited by Sidney the robin

Think that they might have a winning team, it will need to be strong because they have a track that will give them very little advantage if the visiting riders like to give it a lot of welly

• Like 2

Decent looking lineup that should be capable of making the top four. Very weak at reserve though and two will stay there all season. They need to improve for Belle Vue to challenge.

All i can go off is what i have seen.Bewley and Smith are 2 of the finest young prospects i have ever seen.Both made their Nat league debuts last year Bewley just turned 17 in his home debut scored an 18 point max and has had a full season to improve since then.Smith rode at Belle vue 5 times last year twice for Brum and 3 times as a Belle vue guest his scores were 10+2, 13, 12+1, 13 and 16+1 both ride Belle vue very well.Time will tell how quickly they will improve but i think as the season goes along they will well hold their own around Belle vue and take some big scalps along the way.How will they perform away i dont know yet. but i think they will be the key to our season.

The only thing i know for sure is that it will be a great joy for me to watch them progress over next season with both the Aces and the Colts.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 7

I would take Wolves as the team to beat mate, we should be good for a play off place if its Fricke the last signing I would say alongside Poole and Kings Lynn

I agree on paper we look one of the stronger sides.

A Wolves and Aces final again seems good to me!

2 of my favourite sides. :t:

• Like 5

I agree on paper we look one of the stronger sides.

A Wolves and Aces final again seems good to me!

2 of my favourite sides. :t:

As long as the result is the same :t:

• Like 1

As long as the result is the same :t:

That would depend on whether you're still allowed to draft in a world champion just for the play offs , :D

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 4

That's a good quote "before he got injured " so he didn't actually make the pass then? Would that be the same race he took himself and Sam Masters into the air fence

It's a learning curve maybe just try and not attack the track so hard next time.

Spot on HT - Was my favourite rider last year - will achieve 4.00 to 6.00 IMHO

I have just seen on FB that BV have signed Kenneth Bjerre.

Its on the official BV website as well

That's a good quote "before he got injured " so he didn't actually make the pass then? Would that be the same race he took himself and Sam Masters into the air fence

It's a learning curve maybe just try and not attack the track so hard next time.

Beat Kennett at House & took Morley from the back 2 or 3 times. Was a bit wild on his debut, but later was so smooth & stylish - you'll love watching him next year I promise