British Speedway Forum

Where do you get this info from, no incoming promotion would touch t/c's like these.

Our place is just the same, .

Next year I think we will.just rent the track from the council and only get gate revenue and sponsors.

So just like kirky lane where we survived 20+ years but in a much better facility with much bigger crowds.

So it's a win win for me

• Like 1

You will find reference to the Speedway Academy on page 17 of the Eastlands Community Plan document:-

http://www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/7._Eastlands_Community_Plan.pdf

Sadly, I am not aware why the Academy has not been opened.

Perhaps, you might be kind enough to tell me?

I have no axe to grind and have supported Belle Vue Aces since 1966 and hope to do so again in the not too distant future.

The promotion said that they had not been able to start the Academy because so much of their time had been taken up with the issues arising from the problems caused by the contractors. They said it was their intention to have it in place in 2017.

As intimated by The SS , there should be an announcement early this week.

Let us hope this happens and the Aces are secure for 2017 and then we can move on to a long term future in the NSS.

No doubt the hard core facts will then emerge re 2016 and we can see exactly what the problem was and know exactly what happened ( or as near to the truth as we will ever get.

so are you saying DG and Mort didn't get the food and drink revenue.

They got the finances from everything as they had effectively a mortgage so were classed as owners.

The new promotion if rumour is true will be just tenants renting from the council.

The promotion said that they had not been able to start the Academy because so much of their time had been taken up with the issues arising from the problems caused by the contractors. They said it was their intention to have it in place in 2017.

Thank you, Aces51

The academy wasn't included in the strategy, the document you've linked has been superseded several times and clearly describes the bullet points (the only reference to a speedway academy) as proposals requiring further planning work. References to the academy have continued in later documents but meeting what you described as 'the core objective of the strategy i.e. improving the economic and physical health of the inhabitants of the Eastlands area', never relied on the inclusion of a speedway academy.

As I said, at least as far as the speedway contribution is concerned, what you call the core objective of the strategy has been fully met or exceeded and while you seem to think the lack of an academy undermines the justification of the project you'll be happy to learn that it doesn't.

Indeed.

Well, that is all very interesting.

Might you, therefore, be kind enough to put up a link to the later documents to which you refer.

Thank you.

They got the finances from everything as they had effectively a mortgage so were classed as owners.

The new promotion if rumour is true will be just tenants renting from the council.

Cant see the council wanting the hassle of running the food outlets at a speedway stadium. They'll lease the stadium to the new promotion and let them sort it. The council will be happy to just get their costs back, not run it as a commercial enterprise.

Cant see the council wanting the hassle of running the food outlets at a speedway stadium. They'll lease the stadium to the new promotion and let them sort it. The council will be happy to just get their costs back, not run it as a commercial enterprise.

You reckon, they will want as much money as they can get out of it. You would think they wouldn't want to cut there noses off to spite there face, but thats what Councils do, and get away with it.

Edited by Starman2006

You reckon, they will want as much money as they can get out of it. You would think they wouldn't want to cut there noses off to spite there face, but thats what Councils do, and get away with it.

The council won't give a crap about the irrelevant amounts of money the good stuff will make. They'll just charge a little more rent and let the speedway club sort it. If it was going to make 100s of 1000s it'd be worth employing someone to do it but for a few 1000 it's not worth employing someone to do it.

The council won't give a crap about the irrelevant amounts of money the good stuff will make. They'll just charge a little more rent and let the speedway club sort it. If it was going to make 100s of 1000s it'd be worth employing someone to do it but for a few 1000 it's not worth employing someone to do it.

We will soon see.

Here you go

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

https://www.google.co.uk

You may need to type something creative like "Belle Vue" or "sports village" or a combination of the two and perhaps add in .pdf and it might bring up something worthwhile?

These two links do not bring up the documents to which you referred.

So are you saying that the documents to which you previously referred don't exist or that you have misplaced the location?

I would be very interested to see the updated strategy document, so if you could spare a few minutes to locate them, I would be grateful.

If the Council retained control of the food outlets and bars, I suspect it would all have to go out to tender.

If the Council retained control of the food outlets and bars, I suspect it would all have to go out to tender.

That is what most councils would do, then even the new speedway management could tender for it if they wanted.