British Speedway Forum

Lets hope Speedway will keep using the NSS for World level competition. What a racetrack and facility...

Racetrack yes, but facillity for the World cup final questionable, ask fans that attended..

Edited by Starman2006

Most of the big council talk a lot about SPORT STADIUMS But what they mean is Football Only It was good to see that Belle Vue included other sports namely Speedway as well. Cardiff had the right idea when they built a stadium which house all sports and is well used. Then they go and build WEMBLEY just for football.

I would be interested to know who uses the pitch at Belle Vue ????

Manchester titans. American football team

Racetrack yes, but facillity for the World cup final questionable, ask fans that attended..

I did attend it was great....

Parked the car in the car park, straight in to the track due to many turnstiles, plenty of catering facilities and toilets and a great view of the racing...

Which Speedway Stadium in Britain (not including Cardiff) could have handled a 7000 crowd better?

• Like 1

I did attend it was great....

Parked the car in the car park, straight in to the track due to many turnstiles, plenty of catering facilities and toilets and a great view of the racing...

Which Speedway Stadium in Britain (not including Cardiff) could have handled a 7000 crowd better?

You would say that, your a BV fan. But there were many fans who were very dissapointed and disgruntled with the vist. Oh and we had a 7 k plus crowd for the final in 04, so don't try and big it all up old son...

Yes it was great viewing from that bespoke slightly inclined shingles/dirt/weeds section on the first turns....

Alternatively you could have watched it from behind that glass fronted thing and not heard the bikes...

Or maybe used the bar under the rickety old Grandstand (where you can sit on your very own wooden slab) and get your shoes dirtier in the bar than outside it!

Aye, BV not a patch on Poole...!!

We also dont have someone going around selling the Speedway Star either. Although from what I hear that may not be too bad a thing to miss out on....

Son.....

• Like 3

Yes it was great viewing from that bespoke slightly inclined shingles/dirt/weeds section on the first turns....

Alternatively you could have watched it from behind that glass fronted thing and not heard the bikes...

Or maybe used the bar under the rickety old Grandstand (where you can sit on your very own wooden slab) and get your shoes dirtier in the bar than outside it!

Aye, BV not a patch on Poole...!!

We also dont have someone going around selling the Speedway Star either. Although from what I hear that may not be too bad a thing to miss out on....

Son.....

Purposely missed the point havn't you.. Yes you know what im talking about..

You would say that, your a BV fan. But there were many fans who were very dissapointed and disgruntled with the vist. Oh and we had a 7 k plus crowd for the final in 04, so don't try and big it all up old son...

There isn't a track and venue better for speedway than the NSS.

What they got wrong was the ridiculously strict viewing areas.

No stadium and track comes close not even Poole.

• Like 1

You should have gone it was fantastic,cracking racing great stadium plenty of food and drink outlets. Didnt have to worry about parking as i was in hotel opposite. Poole 2004 was amazing but you will never get 7000 there again.
  • Like 2

You should have gone it was fantastic,cracking racing great stadium plenty of food and drink outlets. Didnt have to worry about parking as i was in hotel opposite. Poole 2004 was amazing but you will never get 7000 there again.

Of course you won't because we won't hold a WC final again... As for all the food and drink outlets, ask other fans who were left dissapointed with no drinks and no food and heavy handed security staff. . But they won't tell you that The feed back i got from a lot of fans is that it was an unprepared shambles.

There isn't a track and venue better for speedway than the NSS.

What they got wrong was the ridiculously strict viewing areas.

No stadium and track comes close not even Poole.

It shouldn't do, its brand new,.

Edited by Starman2006

I attended the WTC both nights, in the extra stand erected on bends 3-4 and was absolutely fine. Yes, it could have been better for toilet facilities but it was ok, better next time probably.

I attended the WTC both nights, in the extra stand erected on bends 3-4 and was absolutely fine. Yes, it could have been better for toilet facilities but it was ok, better next time probably.

Food outlets poor heavy handed security staff, poor.and thank you for the like.. :t:

Edited by Starman2006

Of course you won't because we won't hold a WC final again... As for all the food and drink outlets, ask other fans who were left dissapointed with no drinks and no food and heavy handed security staff. . But they won't tell you that The feed back i got from a lot of fans is that it was an unprepared shambles.

It shouldn't do, its brand new,.

That wasnt my experience, no problem getting food and drink at all. There were times when they had to go to get more supplies which increased the queue but thats understandable

Food outlets poor heavy handed security staff, poor.and thank you for the like.. :t:

Have you been??????

And you should be the last to talk about heavy handed security.

2015 play off final your security were thugs. Pushing and shoving the elderly belle vue fans. Especially the old grey haired man who looked like a pirate.

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

That wasnt my experience, no problem getting food and drink at all. There were times when they had to go to get more supplies which increased the queue but thats understandable

Not what i was told. But everybody to there own eh..

Have you been??????

Not yet.. But id like to make the trip next season. Hopefully..

Pressed by error, was after the quote button, "the like" has been taken back.

I wonder why...