British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

The Collapse Of The Pound And The Effect On The El

I thought fuel and food go up and down on a regular basis anyway.Can you remember buying fuel in 2012 it was over £1.40 a litre so it's got a little way to go yet before we are out of pocket.

Grain and wheat as well, remember the price of bread sky rocketed a few years ago before falling back.

Prices are already much higher since the vote. Want to go on holiday? Have a business trip abroad? Feel that pain.

If anyone actually believes the British public are going to be better off after brexit, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 1

If anyone actually believes the British public are going to be better off after brexit, they are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Most didn't, but there was more to this than the money in your pocket. Going back centuries, the Scots and Irish elite sold their country down the river for cash... perhaps we are different now.

Edited by Deano

BUT it wasn't all about the money...

But it is Phil. I am hundreds out of pocket already, possibly more. Guess I will know the exact figure when next year when my accounts are done but expect it run run into 4 figures easily.

I don't care about Britain making our own laws. Chances are we won't like some of them and the government will have no one to answer to.

Migrants? Nothing will change. We won't be allowed to simply because the EU will have us over a barrel because of our need for decent trade deals.

I don't see one single benefit of leaving the EU. The younger generation have been crapped on from a very great height by a bunch of middle aged white citizens 'who want their country back', but didn't realise the massive implications of voting out.

These people have just voted for up to 25% chopped off their yearly salary. Well done them.

• Like 2

These people have just voted for up to 25% chopped off their yearly salary. Well done them.

You keep harping these figures, people can only spend what they have, it just won't go as far.

You keep harping these figures, people can only spend what they have, it just won't go as far.

Exactly! The brexit mob have voted for a huge reduction in their wage. Well done them.

But it is Phil. I am hundreds out of pocket already, possibly more. Guess I will know the exact figure when next year when my accounts are done but expect it run run into 4 figures easily.

I don't care about Britain making our own laws. Chances are we won't like some of them and the government will have no one to answer to.

Migrants? Nothing will change. We won't be allowed to simply because the EU will have us over a barrel because of our need for decent trade deals.

I don't see one single benefit of leaving the EU. The younger generation have been crapped on from a very great height by a bunch of middle aged white citizens 'who want their country back', but didn't realise the massive implications of voting out.

A lot of my shares are up by 25% since the Brexit vote so I am well satisfied

• Like 2

And so would have the country. There are no winners. The remainers have lost, the people who voted to leave have also lost. Not in the short or medium turn, but in the long term. We are already quite heavily out of pocket. And that's before Article 50 has been invoked.

Every day we see prices rise. Every time I fill up I see fuel prices have risen. Food prices have risen. Inflation is starting to rear its ugly head.

I should imagine every morning on awaking, brexit voters lie in bed thinking, "What the hell have I done"? They won't admit it publicly of course. No way. But the damage and carnage caused by these people, most without the slightest inkling at the time of how it was actually going to cost them, is now starting to bite them on the arse.

But of course its 'worth it', to keep these migrants from Europe out of Britain and away from British jobs.

I am in no doubt you will blame every conceivable problem on the Brexit Vote. Why, if the truth be known, you even blamed Brexit for Poole not winning the Elite this year..... Prices for food and fuel fluxuate all the time and now it little different. You sit in your ivory tower and cast opinions that are solely biased.

I voted to leave and have no regrets. I voted with my eyes open and a clear mind. and am well aware of the procedure that lays ahead.

I wake up each morning and think many things,.......... But not one thought about that referendum vote.......... I'm more than happy..

• Like 5

But the profits of any shares will be countered by the rise in prices of everything else. And only a fraction of the British public will have shares in any large amounts in Multi-national British companies to benefit. Shares in British companies which buy their components out of the UK are suffering already.

I am in no doubt you will blame every conceivable problem on the Brexit Vote. Why, if the truth be known, you even blamed Brexit for Poole not winning the Elite this year..... Prices for food and fuel fluxuate all the time and now it little different. You sit in your ivory tower and cast opinions that are solely biased.

I voted to leave and have no regrets. I voted with my eyes open and a clear mind. and am well aware of the procedure that lays ahead.

I wake up each morning and think many things,.......... But not one thought about that referendum vote.......... I'm more than happy..

The pounds collapse against the dollar and euro is directly linked to the brexit vote. So you and other brexit voters are directly responsible for the recent and continued rise in fuel prices. Its a fact, not an opinion. Fuel is purchased in us dollars. The pound has fallen massively against the dollar. That equates to paying more at the pump.

The recent hike in fuel and food prices will continue and more and more people will feel the pinch. I can sleep at night knowing I didn't help cause this. Whilst I can swallow the fall of the pound better than someone who is on a basic wage who really will feel the pinch in the weeks, months and years to come, its still going to cost me 4 figures this year alone.

I have already made changes to my business, working to build up more clients on the continent. No point now being paid in a currency that has lost a huge chunk of its value.

I truly believe the brexit vote is going to have catastrophic consequences for the people of Britain.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

If others looked at the positives instead of moaning all the time they also might benefit from the actions of GB.

• Like 1

If others looked at the positives instead of moaning all the time they also might benefit from the actions of GB.

Blind faith - when all else fails...

Blind faith - when all else fails...

No not at all, I have taken advantage of what has happened and done very well.

I realised prices of imports might go up and that things will be tough for a while and am prepared to accept that for a better future for my grandchildren.

Wait and see what the outcome is as your predictions may not be right and take advantage of the present situation.

Edited by A ORLOV

Steve, if you put your eggs in one basket and only deal with the continent, then you will be in trouble. Our goods going into the US have gone through the roof, parts from the continent have gone up but the retail price versus currency exchange is more than offsetting the difference. It used to be the other way around.... the goal post has just shifted. Watch the tooling get pulled from Germany and Poland soon, to get a better piece price from somewhere else.

Edited by Deano