British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

This total silence is a complete Lack of respect for the loyal fans of the club.

I can understand the frustration but given all that went on last season any negotiations could be "delicate", in which case silence seems a good policy until Ts are crossed and Is are dotted.

• Like 2

There are brief updates from Buster Chapman - both Leicester and Belle Vue - on the SpeedwayGB twitter this morning

I can understand the frustration but given all that went on last season any negotiations could be "delicate", in which case silence seems a good policy until Ts are crossed and Is are dotted.

Indeed.

In Speedway Star Buster Chapman says that there has been difficulties establishing the levels of debt at both Belle Vue and Leicester and admits that developments are further forward at BV. He also says that he hopes for positive news re Leicester in January and would be shocked if Belle Vue or Leicester didn't run next year.

Lots going on in the background. Be patient.

• Like 1

Indeed.

In Speedway Star Buster Chapman says that there has been difficulties establishing the levels of debt at both Belle Vue and Leicester and admits that developments are further forward at BV. He also says that he hopes for positive news re Leicester in January and would be shocked if Belle Vue or Leicester didn't run next year.

Lots going on in the background. Be patient.

Was that Belle Vue OR Leicester, or Belle Vue AND Leicester?

You'd think the financial situation with Leicester should be more straightforward than Belle Vue's. Much smaller scale of operation.

But if there are more difficulties getting answers to questions at Leicester, more smoke and mirrors etc, then easy to imagine the relative complexity being greater.

I can imagine that the state that Leicester where left in is nothing but one huge bag of worms, with money going between one of DH's intrests to another. I should think that the company he still has interests in that is as the owner of the stadium is in a very good state financially, more than can be said about the club, why was he ever allowed to transfer money, when the riders where not being paid beats me. But it looks like he only bothered with his own interests. Doubt we will ever find out what really happened.

I can imagine that the state that Leicester where left in is nothing but one huge bag of worms, with money going between one of DH's intrests to another. I should think that the company he still has interests in that is as the owner of the stadium is in a very good state financially, more than can be said about the club, why was he ever allowed to transfer money, when the riders where not being paid beats me. But it looks like he only bothered with his own interests. Doubt we will ever find out what really happened.

Sounds from what others more "in the know" have said, that repaying the mortgage to the bank was a priority, then after he got suspended as promoter the riders stopped being paid. So could that mean he was diverting the equivalent amount to increasing the mortgage repayments, and/or other repayments including what he himself may have been "owed" for his professional services dating back to when the stadium was planned, designed and built.

I wonder what he would have charged for his track design and layout expertise? :lol:

Would also be interested to know if riders did get paid, as DDarcy said they would?

Be careful of what you accuse him of, he could sue you for libel!!

Sounds from what others more "in the know" have said, that repaying the mortgage to the bank was a priority, then after he got suspended as promoter the riders stopped being paid. So could that mean he was diverting the equivalent amount to increasing the mortgage repayments, and/or other repayments including what he himself may have been "owed" for his professional services dating back to when the stadium was planned, designed and built.

I wonder what he would have charged for his track design and layout expertise? :lol:

Would also be interested to know if riders did get paid, as DDarcy said they would?

The riders will be paid through the promoters bond money held by the bspa

Sorry Robert, this was not meant as a reply to you.

The supporters meeting is next Friday and so we should hear something after that if Flagrag is correct with his earlier post

I was mearly asking a question, to try and find out what actually went wrong with the club this year. When we where told at the end of the previous year that the club was in very stable condition finance wise. So what went wrong in those few short months. We will never find out, it is a question that is never going to be answered. Not a slight at DH. but somehow things went badly wrong in less than 6 months, it should be a matter of great importance that the B.P.S.A/SCB make it that all clubs must pay riders after every meeting, If they fail to do this, then questions should be asked before it gets to the stage it has done this year with at least 4 clubs in difficulties, if they are found to be near to having to lock the gates, then the powers that be should take the steps to get a new promotor to take over the club, before the are actually faced with a huge amount of debts.

Things need to change if the sport needs to carry on. Because a time will come when the debts can't be cleared up and the fact that yet another club would be added to the long list of defunk clubs, we have seen to many go that way in the past, we can't afford to see any more go to the wall, or the sport will no longer be viable, other than in an amatuer way.

There is (or there certainly was) a paper signed by both team captains prior to racing the meeting; confirming riders, all checks carried out to satisfaction and that basically everything was good to go.

There was also a comments box to add any other issues, etc.

As Machine Examiner and stand-in Clerk of the Course previously, I've seen a number of occasions whereby the visiting Captain has made it quite clear that monies were outstanding from X (whichever club), from the meeting held on X date - but it was often a matter of months rather than weeks!

This paperwork was handed to the Ref. and, I assume, sent to the SCB in Rugby.

My question is what exactly does the SCB do with such comments - chase the respective promoter and allow them to continue; or conveniently overlook them?

Whatever they do, or more likely DON'T do, it is a sad indictment of the lackadaisical, unprofessional body supposedly running our sport.

Because the fact remains if these scenarios manifest themselves, as they clearly appear to have still been doing in 2016, then action clearly needs to be taken much sooner.

Q

The riders will be paid through the promoters bond money held by the bspa

If there was anything left after other expenses were taken out?

There is (or there certainly was) a paper signed by both team captains prior to racing the meeting; confirming riders, all checks carried out to satisfaction and that basically everything was good to go.

As Machine Examiner and stand-in Clerk of the Course previously, I've seen a number of occasions whereby the visiting Captain has made it quite clear that monies were outstanding from X (whichever club), from the meeting held on X date - but it was often a matter of months rather than weeks!

My question is what exactly does the SCB do with such comments - chase the respective promoter and allow them to continue; or conveniently overlook them?

Whatever they do, or more likely DON'T do, it is a sad indictment of the lackadaisical, unprofessional body supposedly running our sport.

Because the fact remains if these scenarios manifest themselves, as they clearly appear to have still been doing in 2016, then action clearly needs to be taken much sooner.

Wasn't David Hemsley on a mission to try and make the governance and administration more professional? Look what happened to him! Edited by Big Al

I was mearly asking a question, to try and find out what actually went wrong with the club this year. When we where told at the end of the previous year that the club was in very stable condition finance wise. So what went wrong in those few short months. We will never find out, it is a question that is never going to be answered. Not a slight at DH. but somehow things went badly wrong in less than 6 months, it should be a matter of great importance that the B.P.S.A/SCB make it that all clubs must pay riders after every meeting, If they fail to do this, then questions should be asked before it gets to the stage it has done this year with at least 4 clubs in difficulties, if they are found to be near to having to lock the gates, then the powers that be should take the steps to get a new promotor to take over the club, before the are actually faced with a huge amount of debts.

Things need to change if the sport needs to carry on. Because a time will come when the debts can't be cleared up and the fact that yet another club would be added to the long list of defunk clubs, we have seen to many go that way in the past, we can't afford to see any more go to the wall, or the sport will no longer be viable, other than in an amatuer way.

Do u think it is easy for BSPa to find a new promoter to take over a club. Why would someone want to be a speedway promoter. And if the existing promoter owns the lease, how do you propose that the BSPa legally can force this to be transferred to a new promoter?