British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Another "Top notch" Championship side in the Premiership.

if you was a leicester supporter i would think you be happy . at least you got a team to support anyway its not that bad a team .potential there

I know the promotion have been busy team building but I am a bit worried that it has all gone quiet on the track alteration front. Presumably there will be some sort of 'Press & Practice' event before the first home league meeting so that only leaves 6/7 weeks to get any work done and for any alterations to settle in.

• Like 3

My old man is still available for a ride if needed lol hoping to make the trip to a Leicester meeting this coming season

My old man is still available for a ride if needed lol hoping to make the trip to a Leicester meeting this coming season

Colin Cook;

One of the most underrated Lions ever!! Especially around Blackbird Road, never say die attitude, could generate so much speed when chasing riders, and passing them more than not.....

• Like 3

If you look at Leicesters EL ave's:

LEICESTER
1 Kim Nilsson (6.88)
2 Kevin Wolbert (4.80)
3 Kacper Gomolski (5.51)
4 Josh Auty (4.90)
5 Eric Riss (4.11)
6 Andzejs Lebedevs (4.50)
7 Danny Ayres (2.17)
Total 32.87!

Have you compared that to other "EL" teams?

Not easy to do, is there any Premiership Team that has 7 riders who attained an Elite League average in 2016?

Andersen 7.15
Kasprzak 7.91
Kurtz 6.44
Newman 5.52
Klindt 5.42
Holder 4.30 (total estimate PL average *.6)
Shanes 3.00 (2016 assessed)
King 7.22
K Bjerre 5.87 (2015 EL average)
L Bjerre 3.98 (total estimate PL average *.6)
Garrity 6.00
Kerr 4.80
Bates 4.76
Sarjeant 3.81
Lindgren 7.21
Masters 7.18
Thorsell 7.06
Howarth 5.13
Clegg 4.15
Skornicki 6.14 (2013 EL average)
Greaves 3.00 (2016 assessed)
Holder 8.95
Lambert 7.08
Batchelor 5.26
Huckenbeck 3.67
Rose 5.00
Porsing 4.99
TBC 3.00 (2016 assessed)

But Lebedevs, Erik or Wolbert didn't ride in the EL in 2016 either???

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Colin Cook;

One of the most underrated Lions ever!! Especially around Blackbird Road, never say die attitude, could generate so much speed when chasing riders, and passing them more than not.....

Absolute Legend

• Like 2

As a total outsider, I think thats a cracking side the Lions have put together. Fingers crossed they have a great season. Best of luck!

As another total outsider I think it's dreadful but if the Leicester fans are happy I hope they enjoy it.

• Like 2

If Lebdevs does start at reserve he isby far the best in there. Even when he moves up they will have the strongest reserve in the league

Put it this way, its a team, the club are running, changes may happen, and its something to build on into 2018.... look towards the long term if possible in speedway

• Like 2

It is a poor team. Poole will have them for breakfast and it will be a rout at Wimborne Road.

If Lebdevs does start at reserve he isby far the best in there. Even when he moves up they will have the strongest reserve in the league

Likely to be Auty who should do better than last season. Wouldn't call him a strong reserve tho as he wasn't last season.

A team isnt meant to be built round one reserve though. They have a very weak top to the team and each of those riders have to take at least 3 rides each. Some of the riders also don't have much experience on these tracks

Does this mean that Lebedevs won't be entering the SEC meetings this year then as they are usually on Friday and Saturdays and no guest facility is given?

Edited by mdmc82

It is a poor team. Poole will have them for breakfast and it will be a rout at Wimborne Road.

Shock horror. Is there any team that looks any good to you??

I would fancy Poole will beat most teams at home but i would expect Poole to get beat on the road and be thumped at Rye House and Wolves. Cant see Poole doing much at Leicester either. Gomolski will want to prove a point after being promised a place then tossed aside by Poole

Leicester now have the best reserve in the league which will stand them in good stead.

Edited by Gavan

not worth wasting our money going then that's not the speedway I want to see ?
  • Like 1

not worth wasting our money going then that's not the speedway I want to see ?

I agree with that statement.

With my work and family i pick the meetings i go to at Ipswich. Last season for example i went to Somerset (twice) Newcastle , Sheffield , Glasgow and Edinburgh. Had no interest in Redcar or Berwick meetings for example.

When we thrashed everyone in 1998, it was such a boring season to watch, great that we won but sometimes by huge margins and no thrills at all