British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

They forgot to install a 'Turn Left' sign on the 1st bend!!!!

• Like 2

They forgot to install a 'Turn Left' sign on the 1st bend!!!!

In view of the number of riders who have hit the air fence coming out of bend four over the years can they put one on the apex of bends 3 & 4 as well?

Loving the team suites 👌

Will they be three piece or in a hotel somewhere then?

Haha pedantic. Lol

Suits

Haha pedantic. Lol

Suits

Sorry Phil - no hard feelings! It was just that I could see in my mind's eye a three piece suite in Lion's colours in our lounge or a themed Speedway Hotel where all the rooms & suites were decorated in various team colours with complimentary dressing gowns that look like a race suit!

I think some people on here are being a bit harsh on the new promotion regarding the track. 6 weeks ago we very nearly had nothing !! We now have a promotion, who at great expense have tried to do what we were all asking for, track changes. Its my understanding after changing the track a soft spot appeared, it was ripped up and retried, If I am correct? It has had to be dug up again, this time going even deeper, just to try and get rid of the offending soft spot, Not ideal, but just do not think they deserve the comments they are receiving on here. Guests are booked for Sat, Why not just give it a go? Instead of being so negative saying you are going to stay away.

• Like 2

I think some people on here are being a bit harsh on the new promotion regarding the track. 6 weeks ago we very nearly had nothing !! We now have a promotion, who at great expense have tried to do what we were all asking for, track changes. Its my understanding after changing the track a soft spot appeared, it was ripped up and retried, If I am correct? It has had to be dug up again, this time going even deeper, just to try and get rid of the offending soft spot, Not ideal, but just do not think they deserve the comments they are receiving on here. Guests are booked for Sat, Why not just give it a go? Instead of being so negative saying you are going to stay away.

In my case, I am a Swindon supporter. It would involve a long drive and a stay in a hotel.

All very pleasant but not worth risking if it is likely to be a bad track farce.

Who are the guests booked?

I am no track man, but from what I could see it was a very small part of the new bit of track, exit from turn 2 close to the kerb. Understand your concerns with travel, but to me Swindon to Leicester is about 2 hours drive, as I drive for a living I do not class that as very far, but also accept not everyone is like me.

As for the guests its not my place to say, sure the club will release the names as and when they feel fit to do so.

Understand your concerns with travel, but to me Swindon to Leicester is about 2 hours drive, as I drive for a living I do not class that as very far, but also accept not everyone is like me.

Not all Swindon fans live in Swindon though so he could be even further away. I understand his concerns because even to drive somewhere for two hours solid I'd want to make sure beforehand that it was going to be worth the journey as it's still a long 400 mile round trip. I'm only about 4 miles away but I'm not sure whether to go or not yet. Soft spots and Jason Doyle don't really go together so it's a bit worrying after what happened at Poole. Hopefully everything will be okay for Saturday.

• Like 1

Understand not all Swindon fans live in Swindon. But as he did not state that he lived elsewhere I am not to know. I guess Gemini you must know where grachan lives as you quote 400 miles round trip. Swindon to Leicester is no more than 100 miles. My point is, if you are going to stay away then that's fine but please do not rubbish the meeting, which may affect others who read this forum.

• Like 2

Damien Bates has done more in 6 weeks than that muppet Helmsley did in 4 years. Get down on Saturday, & support the man, because it's very exciting times for Leicester fans in my opinion.

• Like 2

Spoke to Danny last night, only a few words, asked what he thought about the track changes, he said the first 2 bend look a lot better and the straights look quite a bit shorter so should make a real difference.