British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

I'm sure that is what King is doing. I think he wants out riding poorly drops his average and hopefully gets him kicked off the team with a more attractive average. Win, win for King.

Not to sure.But he is way better that this.Makes you wonder.

Theres several under achievers early doors.Funny old sport is speedway.

I'm sure that is what King is doing. I think he wants out riding poorly drops his average and hopefully gets him kicked off the team with a more attractive average. Win, win for King.

I'm wondering if you are right because he seems to be doing okay for Ipswich. His scores for the last five home matches are 11, 9, 18, 12 and 13. :shock:

I'm wondering if you are right because he seems to be doing okay for Ipswich. His scores for the last five home matches are 11, 9, 18, 12 and 13. :shock:

The mind boggles

he has a first class spanner man at Foxhall (morning bruv 👍)

plus a bigger pay packet

Or he's turned into a one track pony given that his Ippo away average is 6.56!!

According to Bates in the Leicester Mercury its lack of home track time that's resulting in defeats like on Monday and against Poole. Lack of track time doesn't seem to bother the Lions when they are away (apart from at Rye where there were extenuating circumstances) or visitors to Leicester so what's going on? Also Leicester is one of the few tracks where there are practically no restrictions on when the track can be used so have they had practice sessions or not? King says he has but it doesn't seem to have done him much good.

Perhaps that's his level??

Top star in the 2nd division, 3rd heat leader at best in the top tier.

• Like 2

Perhaps that's his level??

Top star in the 2nd division, 3rd heat leader at best in the top tier.

Nail on head I think

One good ride at Cardiff and a shock win on a track that suited him at Belle Vue to boot, had a decent run of form after that but has never convinced me is is anything more than a slightly inconsistent 3rd heatleader

• Like 4

Nail on head I thinkOne good ride at Cardiff and a shock win on a track that suited him at Belle Vue to boot, had a decent run of form after that but has never convinced me is is anything more than a slightly inconsistent 3rd heatleader

I like Danny, don't get me wrong.

However there is a reason why Poland and Sweden aren't interested. He just isn't good enough.

Maybe if he had concentrated on getting rides abroad instead of taking the safer option of 2nd tier racing here (like the majority of Brits) things might be different.

• Like 2

One good ride at Cardiff and a shock win on a track that suited him at Belle Vue to boot, had a decent run of form after that but has never convinced me is is anything more than a slightly inconsistent 3rd heatleader

I think you are correct.

Guest GiveusaB

King did this at Birmingham in our last season in the top flight......once he'd got his average down so that Ipswich could fit him in, he rode like a GP rider!!!

Its been going on for years.....is it corruption?

Just read Malcolm Simmons's book and he openly admits to doing it?

Mark my words, once King has got his average where he NEEDS it, he'll start to fly !

I still like the guy and hope he has a successful season.

King did this at Birmingham in our last season in the top flight......once he'd got his average down so that Ipswich could fit him in, he rode like a GP rider!!!

Mark my words, once King has got his average where he NEEDS it, he'll start to fly !

Im an Ipswich fan and i think its fair to say he hasnt really been outstanding for us this season.

Can be nigh on unbeatable at Foxhall, he knows the track and at that level of competition he will always do well. He has been poor away for a number 1 though. Maybe in general he is just having a slow start to the season.

It can be deeply frustrating watching a rider you know is better than they are actually performing. There could be a multitude of reasons such as over confidence, lack of confidence, over doing it away from the track (don't forget Danny has a young family) the least likely reason is that he has become a lesser rider over the winter im no doubt he will click soon and be banging in big scores in both leagues both home and away.

I just think that he can't ride Leicester. Can't recall him doing any good in the past and when I heard that he had signed I said to anyone who was interested that he would struggle to be the heat leader required. When he signed he said he was delighted to become a Lion and he looked forward to having a good season. Practicing on the track is all well and good but having 3 other riders all seeking the best lines is not the same a flying around on your own.