1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

Reasons to be cheerful (part 3).

Dave Darcy.....

1. Isn't David Hemsley

2. Is not David Hemsley

3. Err....

• Like 1

Sounds to me Hemsleys still in charge with a stooge promoter like last year. No change at mill....

Says he's standing aside (has to) and the guy running it is the same bloke as last season.

Reasons to be cheerful? Well they are running I guess is one, er..... not sure after that.

As jchapman says, a big missed opportunity. The club desperately needed a big new broom to sweep out all the filth and clutter at this club. Instead they got the same dirty old mop.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

An obviously Hemsley-controlled media release at 7am to get something out before the BSPA's version later-on. Says he is stepping aside.......Didn't he do that months ago??

To be fair to DH (and its not very often I come to his aid!) the press release must have been put out sometime yesterday as it is in todays issue of the Leicester Mercury which is printed overnight and was delivered to us before 7.00 a.m. today.

1. Can't remember the fellas name, but I thought there was another copromoter, so I didn't think Dave Darcy was the only one.

That was Neil Machin who previously was promoter at Sheffield.

Like others, I expected a fresh start for Leicester but good luck for the season

• Like 1

Not the best news in the world, but all we can do now is wait and see what happens when then finally tell us the real story and not the load of old trollop, they have put on the Lions webpage. It just sounsds like a big fairy tale on DH's part to make folks belive he has stepped aside, for someone else to carry on all the good work that has gone on in the past.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

Congratulations to Dave Darcy, let's hope hope the first thing on his list is to pay the riders who are still owed from 2016 before discussing financial terms with new riders for 2017.

Don't worry changes have been made and things will be different at Leicester in 2017. I can assure all the DH haters that he is not involved with the Speedway any longer Dave Darcy will look after the club on a day to day basis supported by Buster Chapman who simply does not have the time to run another club as well as be chair of BSPA.

• Like 2

Don't worry changes have been made and things will be different at Leicester in 2017. I can assure all the DH haters that he is not involved with the Speedway any longer Dave Darcy will look after the club on a day to day basis supported by Buster Chapman who simply does not have the time to run another club as well as be chair of BSPA.

Is this an official statement from the club?

That was Neil Machin who previously was promoter at Sheffield.

Like others, I expected a fresh start for Leicester but good luck for the season

That's the bloke, thank you!

No more Norrie Allan!

Hallelujah

• Like 2

No more Norrie Allan!

Hallelujah

Second that. Time for him to get his toolbox cleaned.

• Like 2

Not surprised that the whole situation is unclear. PR is not a strength of the BSPA, the person running it or anyone connected with it. Let's hope it all becomes clearer in the near future, but at the moment I feel it is a missed opportunity to get Leicester fans 100% behind it and start to create a massive buzz around the city before the tapes go up again in March.

The bspa have always been a joke and nothing changes,

We must only be about 9 weeks away from the start of the season and 3 sets of fans know very little about what's going on with their club in the top flight of British speedway, that is shocking for a professional sport to treat fans this badly.

• Like 2

We must only be about 9 weeks away from the start of the season and 3 sets of fans know very little about what's going on with their club in the top flight of British speedway, that is shocking for a professional sport to treat fans this badly.

THIS!

That's the bloke, thank you!

Neil Machin's name has now disappeared from the Lion's website (there is a post of Co-promoter but it is blank at the moment) but Norrie Allan is still shown as being Team Manager. Read into that what you will!