British Speedway Forum
Bash

Ipswich 2017

Same big build up for Ipswich as it has been every year since they left the league above,

Fwiw I think it's a decent team but where is the improvement coming from ? You need riders to add to there averages and they have two maybe three that can do that, Luv the quote that King is too good for our league, should have told R Worrall that before we won there again this season, oh and R Lawson and A Summers who got a 5. 1 over him in heat 15 at Ipswich the year before lol

Don't you just love the close season !!!

Where's the improvement coming from?

I've said in an earlier post at least 3 riders are very likely to improve their averages.

Danny, maintain

Cameron, probable increase

Rory, definitely increase

Kyle, possibly increase

Nico, possibly increase

Danyon, definitely increase

Connor, unsure, a definite maybe

Currently 39.61pt team, Mid 40pt team by mid season, then who knows.

Plenty of room for improvement all round.

Will be disappointed if not there or thereabouts come the business end of the season, unless of course unforseen injuries take their toll.

• Like 1

I've said in an earlier post at least 3 riders are very likely to improve their averages.

Danny, maintain

Kyle, possibly increase

Nico, possibly increase

Will be disappointed if not there or thereabouts come the business end of the season, unless of course unforseen injuries take their toll.

A mid 40 team by mid season would have you in around 8/9th place maybe even bottom...

A mid 40 team by mid season would have you in around 8/9th place maybe even bottom...

?????

8/9/10 will be around 40 or under

Mid range 42/43

44/45 play off contenders

47+ winners elect

My stab would be

Danny 9.5

Cam 6

Rory 8

Kyle 7

Nico 7.5

Danyon 4

Connor 2.5

Total 44.5

In the mix and all down to end of season form,injury position and lady luck

I appreciate that you only need to draw regularly and some in the team will have increased their averages which is why I said who knows thereafter.

The 40pts limit is one of the reasons I can't understand why anyone asks the "where's the improvement coming from" question.

Edited by Super Blue

Danny, maintain

Kyle, possibly increase

Nico, possibly increase

I said last year Covatti would find it harder in the main body and so it proved Schlein is a big risk after his injuries and Heeps didn't exactly kick on at Rye did he. Its not looking to be a bad team but title contenders we will see, I just cannot see the big improvers apart from Hume.

A 40.5 team in late June will be 8th or 9th in the league, the majority of riders will improve as the league is slightly worse and so everyone will find it easier.

and SB said mid 40s so 44/45....

Overall. Ipswich will defo make the Play-Offs but I don't think they will win the league. Sheffield look really well balanced. I would also fancy Glasgow over 2 legs vs. Ipswich.

as both set of Tigers still need to name 2 riders its too early to be making those type of predictions.....

I'm really surprised by just how good everyone seemingly thinks Glasgow is going to be this year...

No doubt they'll have the strongest top 3 in the league but it's the same as last year, and last year those three had the back up of either Rene Bach or Ben barker throughout the year...and they fell short in the league and now their long tail is starting at the next highest average and everyone is saying they're title favourites??

Along with Sheffield I think we've got as strong a top 5 as you'll see and potential at reserve and therefore every reason to be hopeful of being there fighting for the top prize come the end of the season

Edited by 89buttons

Danny King maintain / slight increase.

Cameron Heeps Point increase

Rory Schlein at least a point increase if not 2

Kyle Newman maintain / slight increase

Nico Covatti maintain / slight decrease

Hume maintain / slight increase

Mountain will have the better of Hume most weeks and finish the season 4ish

I think you will find nearly everyone from every team will probably increase slightly, unless they generally have a bad season.

• Like 1

Danny King maintain / slight increase.I

Cameron Heeps Point increase

Rory Schlein at least a point increase if not 2

Kyle Newman maintain / slight increase

Nico Covatti maintain / slight decrease

Hume maintain / slight increase

Mountain will have the better of Hume most weeks and finish the season 4ish

I think Hume will be the better reserve can see him doing well at home away will be learning curve for him.Mountain is promising but he is coming back from a very serious injury he will have to find his feet again.

Think we will do well, bit top heavy but hey! Danyon is one for the future, what he does in the middle of bends is very like Donc when he first started. Where did he get that from, as I gather its all new to him and Donc had done a bit before he arrived in the team.

And another thing......I see Craig Cock is still ponsing about in this league.....makes me laugh, he reckoned he was going to be a big star in Polska......still waiting Craigy boy!!!!