British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LifeIsSpeedway

Your Team For 2017

If they were that bothered about that they'd put real effort in instead of annual tinkering to theoretically save costs. The progress snowball started down the wrong side of the hill years ago, it's got no brakes and has yet to hit the bottom. Having said that, what's your definition of right direction?

I was hoping, in my own opinion for what its worth, that it would improve the quality of the British riders and then increase the ‘pool’ of British riders available to clubs. This might reduce bringing the few foreign riders over that end up not doing very well and cutting the costs for the teams. And maybe a few fans would come back and support more local riders?

But yeah, if there was a more sensible rule book that was more consistent and was for the longer term – instead of the annual tinkering as you put it, the leagues might get on better? As discussed at great lengths for years now, there is lots of problems and lots of suggestions – but it’ll be the powers of be that know best.

I was hoping, in my own opinion for what its worth, that it would improve the quality of the British riders ...

On a very quick count, only 5 out of 13 managed to end up on more than 3, less if you take previous exposure to PL into consideration. Harldy a great success story.

On a very quick count, only 5 out of 13 managed to end up on more than 3, less if you take previous exposure to PL into consideration. Harldy a great success story.

Perhaps. Id agree that it was fairly predictable who would cope and who would struggle although there are a few exceptions and would say Bailey, Perks & Hume would fair better at other tracks / had more time.

However how many of these riders would have definitely got a PL place if the rule wasn't introduced? Its a better than 1 in 3 strike rate and surely any success has to be counted as a success when it comes to the development of British riders.

I would love this team at Glasgow next season.

1.Guest

2.Guest

3.Guest

4.Guest

5.Guest

6.Guest

7.Bewley

What is the chance and can we afford it

• Like 2

Yes but a few started to perform a bitbetter in the NL I did not expect any to really step up all but its about experience and I am pretty sure they will improve if they get another year maybe they will have 2 Brits at reserve this year

• Like 2

Ben Barker. 7.91

Carl Wilko 6.12

Josh Auty 7.01

Lewi Kerr 6.16

Ryan Douglas 7.18

Fritz Wallner 5.00

Jack Smith.....3.00 42.38?

Limit to stay the same

Where will you get cash for barker? - even Glasgow couldn't meet his excessive demands !!

Wee suggestion of a team for next year:-

R Worrall 8.33

Garcia 4.23

Summers 8.13

K Hansen 6.25

Lawson 8.17

Sissis 3.79

Ayres 3.56 (without reduction)

Total 42.46

But guess we will all need to wait until AGM until we see points limit first!?

Are those NL guests?

Only at 1,2,3,4,5 & 6.