British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Wsl 2017 Dubai

Having now supervised a fence build (nearly finished) to a speedway track and been in charge of all the purchases, I could easily be tempted to fly to Dubai and get it sorted. I could fly out on monday, do they acquire a visa?

That dont change what I think about WSL as a competition though, but if money talks, fsp walks...

• Like 2

There was an article in last week's Speedway Star that despite being in favour of developing the WSL, the FIM (Armando Castagna) was refusing to sanction the Dubai meeting until the Promoters proved that all the necessary finance and Track safety checks had been confirmed!

I haven't translated the above Swedish article yet so not sure exactly what the current position is?!

There was an article in last week's Speedway Star that despite being in favour of developing the WSL, the FIM (Armando Castagna) was refusing to sanction the Dubai meeting until the Promoters proved that all the necessary finance and Track safety checks had been confirmed!

I haven't translated the above Swedish article yet so not sure exactly what the current position is?!

Doesn't really say that much. No formal decision taken yet whether it will happen or not but it is leaning towards a go for launch according

to the local organizer and there is a date set should the competition go ahead. A track construction is underway.

Doesn't really say that much. No formal decision taken yet whether it will happen or not but it is leaning towards a go for launch according

to the local organizer and there is a date set should the competition go ahead. A track construction is underway.

The Dubai date has been known since April. Thats not even news.

The Dubai date has been known since April. Thats not even news.

Well what do you expect from a newspaper article? New news? :o:rofl:;)

Results from this one? Wasnt it a March date?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Indeed. Reason why I picked this up was that according to German speedweek and google translate Wolfslake the club is planning legal action against the WSL promoter.

Indeed. Reason why I picked this up was that according to German speedweek and google translate Wolfslake the club is planning legal action against the WSL promoter.

Not planning,but started legal action

Zwischenzeitlich haben wir wegen des Verhaltens von Gebka Strafanzeige wegen Betrugs erstattet. Weitergehend werden nun auch die Finanzbehörden beider Länder tätig werden müssen.

Meaning

Meanwhile, because of the behavior of Gebka, we have been reporting charges of fraud. The financial authorities of both countries will now also have to act.

Not planning,but started legal action

Meaning

Was playing it safe ...
  • Like 1