British Speedway Forum
Charlieboy

P.l.p.final Sheffield V Somerset

Once again we will be the underdogs as Somerset will be hot favourites.In the last 3 to 4 years weve been hit by injuries when weve raced Somerset so same again this time.Its a shame we are not at full strength but we have to go with what weve got.Hopefully both meetings will have some decent racing.Though im not a lover of guest riders we all know its a necessary evil in this sport.At this stage the choice of guest in very limited and whoever we get will be below the average of our riders that will be replaced.Hopefully mr Bates will chose wisely and we can put on a good show.Good luck to our Sheffield select for both legs and lets hope theres no rain. Any news on our guests ?

It's all about the guest the Tigers book. Its very difficult at this time of the season, most guys have finished for the year, and with not being able to pick from the top 6 sides it very hard. We could do with Steady and Jason doing two more meeting's for us. Anyway come on you Tigers could we spring another shock.

Ricky Wells, who has delayed his flight home by a week to take part, and Stuart Robson guest for Sheffield.

• Like 1

Tigers to win by 12 pts.......Lets get stuck into them Rebels from the start.

I think 12 points is pushing it. Rebels will be going to Owlerton looking for the win. The Tigers have turned in some spirited performances of late, notably the aggregate victory over Glasgow. They certainly have a team of racers and Sissis has hit a rich vein of form and could be a real asset to the side.

As I've posted elsewhere on this forum, this Somerset side have balls and a steely mental strength. I take them to win at Sheffield by two points and complete the job at the OTA with a resounding victory in front of their adoring fans.

Adoring fans and quite a few others who are coming down for our last methanol fix for the season.

Many People make us favourites for title but we need to be on our game for all 30 heats,Tigers got rid of Newcastle and Glasgow so no guarantee of winning this,thought Newcastle might take this as we struggled with them at the oak tree,but they did not make it,hope we edge it and all safe and no controversy.

• Like 1

I think Somerset will win both legs.

Away by 10+ and home by 20+

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 1

That's what Newcastle and Glasgow thought. We will see.

Somerset have chosen their reserve guest pairing very well and IMO they will be the difference over the two legs. Josh G has been scoring well all season and Tungate came into good form towards the end of the season. Wright and Stark have also been consistent throughout the year and Wright was outstanding in his last visit to Sheffield last month. If Howarth, Bates and Sissis ride out of their skins again and the guests do their bit we might keep it competitive at Owlerton, but will get spanked at the OTA. But that was my prediction in the last two rounds and look what happened. So hope I'm wrong again, c'mon the Tigers!

SHEFFIELD: Ricky Wells, Stuart Robson, Josh Bates, Simon Stead R/R, Kyle Howarth, Arthur Sissis, Nathan Greaves.

SOMERSET: Rohan Tungate, Jake Allen, Charles Wright, Paul Starke, Josh Grajczonek, Robert Branford, James Shanes.

Could be a lot closer than what people think especially with sissis at reserve,a lot depends on how wells, robson and josh bates ride tonight.Think somerset will win at home by +14 so it is up to the tigers to win tonight.Good close meeting and no injuries please and may the best team win overall.

Just noticed that the Rebels have a guest at reserve - just in case we lose, can I complain in advance that it is unfair that they were allowed to use said guest and that it makes a complete mockery of the entire system, accordingly they should be made to forfeit the match or to compete with just 6 riders :lol::party::t:

• Like 1

Just noticed that the Rebels have a guest at reserve - just in case we lose, can I complain in advance that it is unfair that they were allowed to use said guest and that it makes a complete mockery of the entire system, accordingly they should be made to forfeit the match or to compete with just 6 riders :lol::party::t:

They have two guests at reserve, does that make it doubly unfair? ;)