British Speedway Forum
TB1

Speedway Agm

Do they really think thats the only worthwhile thing to announce after Day 1 ?, do they think we are all mugs, if thats all we deserve to know..

Some people just jump in without really thinking, but trying to be the first to 'get one in'. :nono:

Decisions are NOT announced on a day by day basis and very rarely are as the main announcement is released usually at end of business on the third day.

As Danny Smith has said earlier, the only story coming out is that Lakeside have withdrawn from the EL, but I would guess that this as a result of the club issuing it .

There's been talk of a a whole host of sides potentially moving up to the EL, if only half of them are true, it does leave the PL looking rather vulnerable with concerns (of varying degrees) over the viability of other clubs being added into the mix.

Are there any NL teams likely to make the move up to PL?

Berwick already announced they are running, along with Redcar. The only real doubts are Plymouth and Worky.

Edited by Tsunami

Not Sheffield, made that very clear has Sheffield's promoter Damien Bates, with what is happening to Lakeside, maybe Lakeside swapping leagues with Kent or even Eastbourne/Ipswich for a period of two season's could maybe be an answer.

The racing was very good this season. didn't you post a while back and say that was the main thing you were interested in?

In your opinion.

When I compare racing in general from what I've watched, the PL is far more entertaining than the EL.

I'm glad you and others enjoy the EL...it's just my personal choice and preference.

Did you get to many live EL meetings or PL meetings yourself?

What did you find as a whole experience at the track was better?

I don't watch speedway on TV, so couldn't give you a perspective from that point of view.

• Like 1

Cradley fans would miss Mr Drury too much?

Oh yeah dont we just love him ;) and Im sure if nothing else he will want Tony Mole to go out on a winning note :cheers:

Friday night traffic seems to be the main issue. They want to run weekends and can't really do that at EL level

There are already other events at Arena Essex at weekends which complicate possible Saturday or Sunday speedway for Lakeside Hammers. On alternate Sundays the stadium owners stage their car racing meetings. On quite a few Saturdays long-term tenants The Rolling Thunder Show stage their car race meetings.

Edited by Guest

They should call it the , A.D.S. annual disappointment for supporters . every year we all hope for some radical changes to give our sport a much needed boost

and every year as the news slowly leaks out ,it the same old Shyte with a few little tweaks ,annual disappointment

• Like 2

They should call it the , A.D.S. annual disappointment for supporters . every year we all hope for some radical changes to give our sport a much needed boost

and every year as the news slowly leaks out ,it the same old Shyte with a few little tweaks ,annual disappointment

Well you haven't heard anything yet and I would think the majority only expect "a few little tweaks."

Would imagine that a few plans have had to be shelved/modified since the Polish brought in the amount of Countries it's Extraligue riders can ride in?

NKI, Doyley, to name but 2 that COULD be effected?

Edited by Shale Searcher

Well you haven't heard anything yet and I would think the majority only expect "a few little tweaks."

The basic points we fans need to know are:

1. Which teams will be in what league.

2. For EL. Are the weekly race nights going to be set i.e. one or two nights per week.

3. Total team points limit

4. Any significant rule changes re Tactical substitutes or similar.

If anybody else want to add any significant "wants" feel free to add.

Edited by 1 valve

Would imagine that a few plans have had to be shelved/modified since the Polish brought in the amount of Countries it's Extraligue riders can ride in?

NKI, Doyley, to name but 2 that COULD be effected?

Don't see it being an issue for Doyle. Imagine it is the danes it will mostly impact.

What are you on about speedi they have already announced a major change that will get the fans flooding back by changing the helmet colour from yellow to green. :o

Im guessing thats a Tongue in cheek comment as both are highly unlikely.

I'm sure Cradley could sustain it but I believe it Nigel has already said it would depend heavily on availability of dates at Monmore (obviously) and at present the costs associated with the PL are more than they would be prepared to risk - he quoted the example of Kenny Bjerre coming into the league after just missing out on a GP spot compared to the good old days of teams made up mostly of younger British riders with (mostly) British stars at the top (Stoney/Carr etc), though he also mentioned Long Eaton which shows how long ago he is thinking.

With the teams that are looking to drop into the NL it may end up looking very different, although there must be doubts over Cov and Belle Vue as NL starters. I do hope that the traditional long term NL teams such as Buxton don't end up in difficulty as a lot of larger stand alone teams are forced into the league to survive and need to build competitive teams

• Like 1

What are you on about speedi they have already announced a major change that will get the fans flooding back by changing the helmet colour from yellow to green. :o

Oh wow, that's exciting .I hope they don't go for single racenights because with my renewed interest I will want to buy season tickets at Cov ,Leicester, Brum , and Cradley , and wont be able to go to all 4 on the same night

• Like 1