British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Who Do People Want To Win The Play-offs?

Thanks for the support guys,didn't know we were so disliked.

dont think its anything to do with Somerset being paricularly disliked.

Most of those saying they want Sheff to win have said they actually think the Rebels will win and that it would be well deserved.

IMO it just sticking up for the underdog and liking the idea of a shock.

• Like 2

Is bates not a nice bloke I never new that and I'm not being sarcastic,who has he upset?i certainly don't think Somerset are disliked I just think people love an underdog.

well i would love to see the tigers do it, but think we will be easily beaten at somerset, and will be hard pressed to win the home leg, not a fan of the play offs as when you have raced everyone home and away over a season and you have finished top of the pile then you deserve to be crowned champions.

so my heart says tigers, my head says rebels.

• Like 1

Agree, Somerset deserve to win it and have been the best team and should win it, but I just love the story of the underdog, in whatever I watch,

• Like 2

Obviously I am hoping for a Sheffield win.

But Somerset are such good team, already have a win at Sheffield so I cannot see anything but a Somerset win.

Lets hope Sheffield can pull off the biggest shock ever and complete the Howarth Double.

well Sheffield have pulled off two of the biggest shocks ever - and I cant congratulate them enough (even though my diamonds lost :sad::sad: :sad: :sad::sad: )

but im not a fan of the playoffs either

I hope the rebels win - just cos they are the best team and deserve it

league champions should be league winners and then top 8 play off in end of season competition

people moan the end of season playoffs aren't taken seriously .... well they are by the team that wins them

lets get back to the old system .......... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 4

I think Somerset will win it comfortably.

Would be good if Sheffield win though just to see cliffeboy and aroundtheboards go into meltdown! 😈😈 (sorry fellas couldnt resist)

Ha ha nice one. Bit too old now to be over disappointed about a sports result ( I'm a Spurs fan ! ). Don't think I can lose really, if the Rebels win that will be great cos as most people accept they have by a long way been the top side this year. If we lose it shows what a ridiculous system this is and hopefully the powers that be can make changes that protect the achievements of the top side. Let's not have anymore injuries in both legs, just two hard fought entertaining matches to finish the season.
  • Like 2

Somerset deserve to be champions .

• Like 3

It's a pity the record books will show Sheffield as champions if they win. Somerset have won the league by 3 points and Sheffield ended 20 points behind.

So League champions Somerset (the clue is in the name)

Play off winner to be decided.

When all's said and done it's only a money maker, a bit like the GP's But then it's all about entertaining the fans so does it matter.

It's a pity the record books will show Sheffield as champions if they win. Somerset have won the league by 3 points and Sheffield ended 20 points behind.

So League champions Somerset (the clue is in the name)

Play off winner to be decided.

When all's said and done it's only a money maker, a bit like the GP's But then it's all about entertaining the fans so does it matter.

Yes it is, and it does.

Thanks for the support guys,didn't know we were so disliked.

I don't think Somerset are necessarily disliked, I just think everyone wants the underdogs to win :P Personally I want Somerset to win, because Paul Starke rides for them and I don't want half of Sheffield and a load of guests to win, have nothing for or against either team, I just hope all 12/13/14 however many riders start the meeting finish the meeting, good luck to both teams and all riders involved :t:

i think most of the non participating teams fans want the underdogs to win (sheff) . but in all honesty somerset deserve to be crowned the champions imo . they have been outstanding for a few years now and deserve all the credit they get .

okay , some of us come on here and give them a fair bit of stick , myself included . but its all banter and if we all kept out thoughts to ourselves there would be no forum posters .

good and safe meetings to both teams and lets hope its a good one/two for the fans that travel to these meetings and to us keyboard critics .

good luck to the mullet man and mr greaves .(soft spot). hope to see all the teams back at worky next season .

• Like 2