British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

Presumably the girl in your case would respond "why would I want to go home with a speedway anorak" :o ............. I'll get my coat :drink:

The girl in my case would be a bloke but yeah, probably :D

Speedway Anoracks are a good catch, excellent numerical skills, able to listen to inane tripe for hours on end, don't mind waiting for hours for something to happen, have a very loose definition of glamour......low maintence.

• Like 4

Speedway Anoracks are a good catch, excellent numerical skills, able to listen to inane tripe for hours on end, don't mind waiting for hours for something to happen, have a very loose definition of glamour......low maintence.

Everything over in 1 minute or 15 minutes, their choice. :P

• Like 2

think of the foreplay though with all the 'gardening at the gate' before tge 'race' starts 😲
  • Like 3

think of the foreplay though with all the 'gardening at the gate' before tge 'race' starts

What about the time spent clearing your goggles!!! :D

• Like 1

think of the foreplay though with all the 'gardening at the gate' before tge 'race' starts

Then "going" too soon.........getting a warning........and having to start all over again......lol

• Like 4

Then "going" too soon.........getting a warning........and having to start all over again......lol

Or coming to tapes with the wrong helmet cover on (or none at all!!!) and having to get your mechanic to change it for. I don't think we should mention trying to use the wrong gate position!!! :rofl::rofl:

• Like 6

its even worse when you are substituted for a better rider ! ouch .

• Like 4

its even worse when you are substituted for a better rider ! ouch .

talking from personal experience there are you j? 😢
  • Like 1

Looking forward to hearing how Dan Bewley gets on at Scunthorpe tomorrow as he gets back on a bike for the first time in a couple of months, expect him to be in the Belle Vue team if/when it's announced too.

• Like 1

Looking forward to hearing how Dan Bewley gets on at Scunthorpe tomorrow as he gets back on a bike for the first time in a couple of months, expect him to be in the Belle Vue team if/when it's announced too.

even though he will be part of one of my teams main rivals I still want him to really kick on. An exciting talent and British Speedway needs him and more like him.
  • Like 2

Some great meetings at Glasgow this year.

Ben Fund (any news on who is participating?) British Youth Championship's penultimate round and the Championship Riders Final.

Is there likely to be a challenge match against Premiership opposition prior to the league campaign kicking off at home?

I believe there will be an announcement in the speedway star on Thursday with the names of 8/9 riders who will be competing in the Ben fund meeting, With the spring trophy no longer being ran I believe Glasgow will try and get Premiership opposition up for an inter league challenge before the serious business starts.

• Like 1

I believe there will be an announcement in the speedway star on Thursday with the names of 8/9 riders who will be competing in the Ben fund meeting, With the spring trophy no longer being ran I believe Glasgow will try and get Premiership opposition up for an inter league challenge before the serious business starts.

We were unlucky to lose to Coventry last year , so another meeting of this type would be a good opener .
  • Like 4