British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

they're not going to suddenly turn round and build houses on it are they

Ive heard they own a fair bit of the land roundabout the stadium if they want to build houses.Although it was previously an Industrial site and might cause some problems regarding housing.

The land at the back of the stadium, which they have earmarked for training track, was originally houses.

• Like 1

The land at the back of the stadium, which they have earmarked for training track, was originally houses.

Did the land around the stadium not have outline planning permission for housing, and the problems for the stadium would have been the close proximity to housing and the associated noise.

Did the land around the stadium not have outline planning permission for housing, and the problems for the stadium would have been the close proximity to housing and the associated noise.

Someone with more knowledge than myself on this subject might know the right facts,but I was told a few years ago that the land in question had some type of soil contamination from previous industrial use that would have to be rectified before housing could be considered.Anyway does it really matter because the Tigers supporters have now got a cracking facility for speedway.
  • Like 1

On the subject of the Ben Fund, can anyone tell me the admission prices for kids? I'm guessing it's £20 for Adults.

Yes it's £20 for adults and £14 for concessions and £5 for 10-16 yo and under 10s get in for free.

• Like 1

Don't think so as it's a bspa run event but you can easy pay at the gate

Yes it's £20 for adults and £14 for concessions and £5 for 10-16 yo and under 10s get in for free.

Thank you, taking my nephew to his first ever away meeting so looking forward to this!

• Like 2

Only if they want to, after all it is their property

maybe they could build houses in the surrounding area, and only sell/rent them to speedway folk,,,

no complaints about noise, cos everyones at the speedway,,,

no far to travel for your fix (speedway),,,

track staff widely available and not far to get home,,,

you would know what the weather was like,,,

it all sounds like a winner to me :)

It's a lovely day in sunny Glasgow, and the forecast looks none too shabby. Looking forward to the Ben fund!

It's a lovely day in sunny Glasgow, and the forecast looks none too shabby. Looking forward to the Ben fund!

Forecast is for rain between one and four. :cry:

Forecast is for rain between one and four. :cry:

Delay the start for a bit?

Weather is looking good at the moment, warm ish (for this time of year) dry and breezy in the afternoon.

:party:

The Tracks been well packed down and should keep most of the rain off till the meeting starts been ok around Glasgow today rain this morning but been dry but dull all afternoon

Edited by mac101