British Speedway Forum

Fantastic top 5 - the best in the league by far for 2017 - alas the Branford signing ! - hope your 7th rider can make things better.

Branford is the rider Rye fans wanted and rightly so. Will be close to his starting average come the end of the year.

Jye Etheridge is a 4.00 its on the BSPA website.

Thank God for that

• Like 1

Fantastic top 5 - the best in the league by far for 2017 - alas the Branford signing ! - hope your 7th rider can make things better.

I reckon he'll be just fine, but thanks for your concern

• Like 1

Rob has been proving a lot of people wrong the last 2 seasons and will continue to do so, Marky had a sook a few seasons ago if i remember , because Rob showed a bit too much passion for him and still hasnt got over it , but like has been said , thats why the people in the know the Rye fans and management wanted him back because he does have a passion for the sport and doesnt take losing lightly.

Junior

Edited by junior fan
  • Like 4

I have a feeling Branford will surprise everyone being negative about him in some quarters.. He is a really good prospect. Not seen anyone else I would rather have at 6.

As a PL rider he has been developing but He wasn't good at EL level when he rode for Swindon. I think when you look at him compared to reserves like Bates & Klindt, I think Rye House may struggle esp now reserve races aren't protected anymore.

Edited by mdmc82

As a PL rider he has been developing but He wasn't good at EL level when he rode for Swindon. I think when you look at him compared to reserves like Bates & Klindt, I think Rye House may struggle esp now reserve races aren't protected anymore.

Time will tell but a pointless debate really,your talking about coming in and doing one off meetings, certainly had a great race with Bates at Rye and got the honours and had his measure at Sommerset when they met so no concern really, hope the seasons not too far away because the forums just getting stale with twit for tat squabling.OOPs ive joined in.

Junior

I'd say he's on a par with Bates. This isn't the EL anymore it's PL plus. He'll do just fine.

Got a feeling our last rider is going to be Nathan Greaves. Wouldn't be my choice.

Edited by Ben91

I'd say he's on a par with Bates. This isn't the EL anymore it's PL plus. He'll do just fine.

Got a feeling our last rider is going to be Nathan Greaves. Wouldn't be my choice.

Not on EL tracks he's not.

Not on EL tracks he's not.

They're all round. Bates has been in the top flight since 2014, he's obviously going to have seen more of the tracks than Branford.

Just got back from Rye, Alfie Bowtel & George Hunter both having a spin, hope the last rider is neither of them.

I think Rye have 3.05 left so they'll be wasting 1.05 if they sign a 2 pointer & could have had a 5.65 rider instead of Branford.

I think Rye have 3.05 left so they'll be wasting 1.05 if they sign a 2 pointer & could have had a 5.65 rider instead of Branford.

Yeah could have had Karger back on a 5 again.

Well here's the list. Who around that average, and not signed already, would you have chosen?

http://www.speedwaygb.co/files/downloads/2017_team_building_numerical.pdf