British Speedway Forum

They say to win the league you not only need a good team but you need to meet opponents at the "right time"

Swindon in the cup - r/r for Ellis netting 17 points including a rides for the red hot Morris

Wolverhampton away - Schlein and Riss M for Skor and Cleggy was a massive upgrade, probably the decision that may give them another league title

Poole away - yep KK gets injured and its that Morris boy again

Somerset away - your joking, three out and three in

OK the jury is still out if Rye House can up their game to make a push for the title but we certainly seem to be at the wrong track at the wrong time

3 new signings could play into your hands, as none of the riders mentioned are overly familiar with the OTA. Only Lewis Kerr has ridden here so far this season.

Not to mention Schlein being a massive improvement on Ricky Wells :rolleyes:

3 new signings could play into your hands, as none of the riders mentioned are overly familiar with the OTA. Only Lewis Kerr has ridden here so far this season.

Not to mention Schlein being a massive improvement on Ricky Wells :rolleyes:

All in reasonably good form in the Championship however. Lawson is on a par with Tungate at least, the same goes for Kerr and Starke, while Heeps is a big improvement on Graversen.

The changes make you stronger without a doubt.

All in reasonably good form in the Championship however. Lawson is on a par with Tungate at least, the same goes for Kerr and Starke, while Heeps is a big improvement on Graversen.

The changes make you stronger without a doubt.

Absolutely it does in the long term - but catching us on the first meeting might not be a bad thing.

Following numerous alterations it's now regarded as one of the easier tracks to ride.

The straights are quite narrow compared to say Belle Vue but the bends are far easier now to negotiate.

A couple of 14 year old juniors have recorded 62 seconds for 4 laps.

Edited by GWC

I noted Tonga's remarks about the Rye House track, "dusty and narrow". I thought that the new promotion had made big track improvements.

Is this not the case ? It's said that the adverse camber on the 1st bend has gone which I believe has been achieved by bringing in the air fence

to the top of the banking, so maybe that is what Tonga means by "narrow". Must make a visit soon and see for myself...

I wouldn't take any notice of what Tonga says

I wouldn't take any notice of what Tonga says

Like I take no notice what Shads says😉

The track at rye this season is neither narrow nor particularly dusty, just ultra slick!

Does anyone else on here think that Rob Branford is not quite the same rider he was last season?

Not slaging him off, just asking who may feel the same?

Does anyone else on here think that Rob Branford is not quite the same rider he was last season?

No he is riding Premier and Championship now so much greater challenge for him as opposed to last season.

• Like 2

Rob Branford had a good spell last year. Some Rye fans spent all winter making out he was a lot more than he is. He's a decent enough 4ish point man who will have decent meetings now and again.

Not slaging him off, just asking who may feel the same?[/quote

He is riding with a shoulder injury, hopefully the treatment he is receiving improves him quickly.

Beat a few handy guys tonight for his points, it's a long season.

Junior

The season is relatively young and Branford is riding to roughly his average. Can't see any issue at all. He'll only improve.