British Speedway Forum

As I said, the wheels will fall off now.

The new promotion are too naive & don't know enough about the sport.

To accept the captain not being bothered to ride at Belle Vue & having no facility says it all.

Jenson & Schroeck, especially, leading the club is a disaster.

• Like 1

Never thought I'd be saying this but I'm really unhappy that Eddie has deserted us tonight for a Longtrack meeting abroad rather than leading the team at Belle Vue and as his average has dropped and he never does much at away meetings perhaps he needs to go.

Did Eddie have a choice?

Did Eddie have a choice?

I don't know how the rules work regarding meeting clashes for riders who do both speedway and longtrack but perhaps promoters should look at all these points before signing riders because it's this type of occurance that is upsetting many fans, it's bad enough losing a rider because he is doubling up within speedway leagues but to lose him to an event in a different category within motorsport to me is even worse.

I don't know how the rules work regarding meeting clashes for riders who do both speedway and longtrack but perhaps promoters should look at all these points before signing riders because it's this type of occurance that is upsetting many fans, it's bad enough losing a rider because he is doubling up within speedway leagues but to lose him to an event in a different category within motorsport to me is even worse.

I agree.If he did choose longtrack,he should be on his way

I think that if the long track meeting is an FIM sanctioned event that it will take priority over a domestic league match.

I think that if the long track meeting is an FIM sanctioned event that it will take priority over a domestic league match.

I've tried looking up the rules but too much to take in but to me the only similarities are both sports are on bikes and some riders take part in both but the main difference is long track seems to be for individual riding and speedway is mainly done as part of a team. I'm not saying your wrong just trying to get my head around the priority and unfortunately am getting nowhere other than riders missing speedway meetings for longtrack meetings to me just doesn't seem fair to speedway fans who want to see their whole team riding.

Why would the Rye promotion agree to this fixture if they knew of the absence? Longtrack schedule would have been available well before British speedway fixtures.

Or has Kennett just cried off?

Either the Rye promotion have shown their naivety again or the captain has set a very poor example?

I've tried looking up the rules but too much to take in but to me the only similarities are both sports are on bikes and some riders take part in both but the main difference is long track seems to be for individual riding and speedway is mainly done as part of a team. I'm not saying your wrong just trying to get my head around the priority and unfortunately am getting nowhere other than riders missing speedway meetings for longtrack meetings to me just doesn't seem fair to speedway fans who want to see their whole team riding.

​On the premise that the long track was an FIM sanctioned INTERNATIONAL event it would have had the same status of priority as would a SPEEDWAY GP event.

​The long track meeting in which Kennett is competing does have priority overt the league match. It is a FIM-sanctioned world long track championship qualifying round.

These are the competition's 2017 fixtures:

Calendar:

25.05.2017 Herxheim (Final 1)
17.06.2017 La Reole (Final 2)
24.06.2017 Marianske Lazne (Qualifier)
09.07.2017 Mühldorf (Final 3)
20.08.2017 Eenrum (Final 4)
27.08.2017 Berghaupten (Challenge)
02.09.2017 Morizes (Final 5)
24.09.2017 Roden (Teams)
Edited by Guest

On Rye website today it says a guest for Kennett was only allowed on the day of the longtrack meeting which is today so they could only have a 4 point championship rider. It therefore appears no consideration is given to travel to and from a meeting abroad so yet again us Speedway fans have to suffer these stupid rules that are ruining our enjoyment of the sport.

So the Rye promotion have been idiots scheduling the fixture & having no facility for a rider.

Someone needs to be employed who knows what their doing at the club.

• Like 1

Practice for a longtrack meeting does NOT take priority.

On Rye website today it says a guest for Kennett was only allowed on the day of the longtrack meeting which is today so they could only have a 4 point championship rider. It therefore appears no consideration is given to travel to and from a meeting abroad so yet again us Speedway fans have to suffer these stupid rules that are ruining our enjoyment of the sport.

How the hell do you think riders cope riding in a GP Saturday and then Poland Sunday? Or Poland Sunday and Wolves on a Monday? Or Wolves on a Monday and then Sweden on a Tuesday?

Riders manage it every day if the week. Kennett just chose to have a day off and leave his team with no facility.

So the Rye promotion have been idiots scheduling the fixture & having no facility for a rider.

Someone needs to be employed who knows what their doing at the club.

Overreaction as usual Chris I don't think Kennett was doing Longtrack at the start of the season.

Comparing the Rye team to the powerhouse Belle Vue I think they put up a pretty good effort but can't

see them getting the better of the current Wolves team in the playoffs.

With so few meetings, I don't know how riders doing one league can make the sport pay. For a rider like kennett it must seem like little more than a hobby. I don't agree with his absence, but I don't blame him doing long track either.