British Speedway Forum

Can confirm one thing. Cyfer won't ride for Poole or anyone in the league at the moment. Was speaking to his agent on Twitter and he confirmed that he doesn't have a place.

Somerset???

I would say the team is sorted tbh and will announce at a SREF meeting like they always do.

It might be, it might not be him, it could be, it could not !!! I'm getting pretty fed up with this keep it a secret until the Christmas Social Crap !!! Rye House have been brilliant to their fans, released a name of every team member for seven days and their Website is Buzzing and what a team with members we hoped Gazza would sign but obviously didn't and they've gone to Rye!!! How many drive to Oaktree for the social, drink and drive home again ? Tell the fans your news Somerset and keep the hype of going up alive. All we've had on the website is - - - "The track shop is open for Christmas Shopping" !!! "Happy Birthday Paul Starke" !!! Come on Gazza and Debbie, P*ss or get off the pot !!!

Calm down out of 63 places 16 have been announced. Even without Belle Vue and Liecester that is still 33 riders to be announced. There is an entire winter to go and some people like trying to guess.

I would say the team is sorted tbh and will announce at a SREF meeting like they always do.

Calm down out of 63 places 16 have been announced. Even without Belle Vue and Liecester that is still 33 riders to be announced. There is an entire winter to go and some people like trying to guess.

Sorry !!! I'm just an impatient old codger !!!

Sorry !!! I'm just an impatient old codger !!!

We're all impatient but I trust in Garry to put a decent side out and willing to wait.

But the speculation is half the fun.

It might be, it might not be him, it could be, it could not !!! I'm getting pretty fed up with this keep it a secret until the Christmas Social Crap !!! Rye House have been brilliant to their fans, released a name of every team member for seven days and their Website is Buzzing and what a team with members we hoped Gazza would sign but obviously didn't and they've gone to Rye and Poole !!! How many drive to Oaktree for the social, drink and drive home again ? Tell the fans your news Somerset and keep the hype of going up alive. All we've had on the website is - - - "The track shop is open for Christmas Shopping" !!! "Happy Birthday Paul Starke" !!! Come on Gazza and Debbie, P*ss or get off the pot !!!

I agree,sent message on Twitter and 3 on Facebook,if the rest of Somerset fans do the same they may change there mind,instead of the cash sorry social evening.

I agree,sent message on Twitter and 3 on Facebook,if the rest of Somerset fans do the same they may change there mind,instead of the cash sorry social evening.

Makes total business sense - doing as we keep requesting, promoting! What's wrong with making a night of it and earning a bit in order to support your new adventure?

• Like 5

news from the top is, everything is going to plan, & we'll be arranging a social evening very soon to announce the team #NoPanic

From the Twitter page

• Like 1

I also have every confidence in the promotion, Garry and Debbie ! It's just agonising waiting to see what they have come up with ! I am sure we will be more than satisfied when the team are disclosed. Roll on March !!!

I cannot understand why some fans find it so vital to know the team for next season within a few weeks, it doesn't give Debbie & Garry much time to sort things out, remember a new league and new riders, yes we want to know who the riders are, but Somerset rarely announce their riders in dribs and drabs, it is usually all or the majority announced, and most supporters of the club know and accept this, have any of those complaining bitterly had a thought that maybe ?:

a. The team may not be finalised yet.

b. It is only a few weeks ago last season finished.

c. Both Debbie & Garry have a business of their own to run.

So come on, give them a break.

• Like 5

Looking at the lack of top end riders, Somerset, KL & Leicester should be fighting over Chris Holder. If they don't get him, the Rebels might be left with strength in depth:

Masters

Kerr

Hougaard

Batchelor

Grajczonek

Heeps

Wilson-Dean

Looking at the lack of top end riders, Somerset, KL & Leicester should be fighting over Chris Holder. If they don't get him, the Rebels might be left with strength in depth:

Masters

Kerr

Hougaard

Batchelor

Grajczonek

Heeps

Wilson-Dean

Reckon you may have two correct DC2. Wilson-Dean for sure, Josh a probable. Masters seems destined for Wolves. Batchelor? No chance. Garry May is shrewd enough to see that he is a rider in decline. Even on his poor average, my guess is he won't be touched with the proverbial barge pole.

Heeps's record is very poor at the OTA. Hougaard scored a brilliant 16 points there a few years ago , and would be an interesting shout. Most Danes seem to go well at Somerset.

Anticipation is really building for team building for 2017. But I'm confident once again that the Rebels will field a decent side.

I cannot understand why some fans find it so vital to know the team for next season within a few weeks, it doesn't give Debbie & Garry much time to sort things out, remember a new league and new riders, yes we want to know who the riders are, but Somerset rarely announce their riders in dribs and drabs, it is usually all or the majority announced, and most supporters of the club know and accept this, have any of those complaining bitterly had a thought that maybe ?:

a. The team may not be finalised yet.

b. It is only a few weeks ago last season finished.

c. Both Debbie & Garry have a business of their own to run.

So come on, give them a break.

Hi Buttons ! If you read my previous post, you will see that I have resolved to do just that !!! :t:

Masters

Kerr

Hougaard

Batchelor

Grajczonek

Heeps

Wilson-Dean

Erm no you can change Batch for Wright, Heeps for Allen and Masters for Tungate if it fits cba to look.

Masters

Kerr

Hougaard

Batchelor

Grajczonek

Heeps

Wilson-Dean

Think you will have 1 right, 2 at a push. I wouldn't object to either Masters or Hougaard though.

Nobody in their right mind would go anywhere near Holder, as his average will drop massively before returning to Poole next year.

Erm no you can change Batch for Wright, Heeps for Allen and Masters for Tungate if it fits cba to look.

Need to try harder to get Batch & Masters rather than Wright & Tungate.