British Speedway Forum

According to the Mendip Times April edition, Rebels have a new rider Josh Grajczone.

That'll be a "k" short of a "Grajczonek" then!

According to the Mendip Times April edition, Rebels have a new rider Josh Grajczone.

Isn't that a cream for piles?

Just got the seasons preview Speedway Star edition today, pretty much everyone has us as no hopers. .... Sound familiar 😉 COYR

• Like 4

I think it will be a very tough year for Somerset if they cannot beat a Championship away when at full strength.

Obviously there were cobwebs to be dusted and Sheffield is a unique track but I think Somerset are going to get thumped at places like Wolves, Poole and Belle Vue.

I think it will be a very tough year for Somerset if they cannot beat a Championship away when at full strength.

Obviously there were cobwebs to be dusted and Sheffield is a unique track but I think Somerset are going to get thumped at places like Wolves, Poole and Belle Vue.

They weren't at full strength. Grajczonek was riding for Sheffield, replaced only by Nathan Greaves.

• Like 2

Yeah maybe, but not at full strength as Josh was riding for the Tigers and Greaves scored zip. I think if Josh had been at 5 for us with Jake at 6 and obviously a suitable replacement at 1 for them the Rebels would have won comfortabley.

Good work out for the lads though, Hoaggard had a good debut and Charles has now had two good matches. It's not rocket science to see that it will be very hard for us this season primarily in heats 13 and 15 away from home, but at home I think we will surprise a few people.

Just getting ready for the long drive down for the Pairs tonight, can't wait👍

Edited by Cliffeboy
  • Like 3

So the meeting isn't actually until Saturday? :o

Incidentally, I found out Wednesday that as KK missed official Polish practice earlier in the week whilst riding for Poole at Monmore, he was instructed to practice on Friday after Thursday's Golden Helmet qualifier and before Saturday's meeting.

Was parking £1.50 last year or is that a new increase?

Parking was £1 for many years, now £1- 50 Looking at The Star this week out of the tracks that show parking, Somerset is the most expensive parking in this League. 50p not much but when you add it to increase in programme and admission. Would be worth it if you could watch someone like Holder, Doyle, Lindgren, or Kasprzak every week.

• Like 1

Parking was £1 for many years, now £1- 50 Looking at The Star this week out of the tracks that show parking, Somerset is the most expensive parking in this League. 50p not much but when you add it to increase in programme and admission. Would be worth it if you could watch someone like Holder, Doyle, Lindgren, or Kasprzak every week.

No its not. We are £2.

No its not. We are £2.

£2.50 from next week Starry - according to the guys on the gate!!!

Shame the money doesn't go to Speedway, who have no control over the car park as you know?!

Edited by Skidder1

Would be worth it if you could watch someone like Holder, Doyle, Lindgren, or Kasprzak every week.

You can Howard......if you add Nicholls, Harris, Andersen, Bjerre & King to your list, one or more of them will be at the Oaktree every home meeting.........Just saying :t::P

Edited by womble53
  • Like 3

​Been thinking about this all the way home, and hoping a few of you can enlighten me to whats going on.

I dont live localy, but follow the Rebels for my sins, so probably not up to speed so to speak on matters in hand. But on arriving home i have gone back through the

Somerset website, which i do, or maybe it should be I thought I had kept up to date on. But cant see that ive missed it, and talking to many regulars around me, they

seemed to not know either. And there were 3 flags out on display tonight.

By order of the management, take down the Confederate Flag. Its been banned. Whats that all about ???????

I cant say ive seen it on the website, I know I have 2 pairs of glasses but cant say ive seen it on there. But no doubt someone will put me right.

Why has it been banned ???

By who has it been banned ???

When did this happen ???

No mention of it on the forum either.

And I had to chuckle, or should I say scratch my head, as when stood in the bar, though and behold is a clock, proudly showing the Confederate flag.

Now are you going to tell them or shall I.

But is this a ploy for the fans to trot on down to the track shop to hopefully buy new shirts, coats and caps etc, to raise a few coppers, as the club are hoping we will

throw our old ones away. If you think about it, its big business in the Premier football league, clubs changing there shirts every season, and fans having to buy new ones on a yearly basis. But I for one wont be.

Thank you